Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D4)

Suspension Fault Code: C1A13-64
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
trailhound

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Can't help but am interested to see how it goes. Please keep us updated Thumbs Up

Post #17592687th Jan 2017 12:26 am
Azzybee

2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Will keep you posted.

I am going to do the job today at some point. Just a quick question; can I remove the dryer with out taking the whole compressor out?

And if so any tips?

Many thanks.
 Discovery 3 HSE 2007  
Post #17604539th Jan 2017 2:41 pm
Azzybee

Ok. So I attempted to work on my compressor dryer just now but unfortunately had to stop as I couldn't gain access to the screw which holds the dryer unit in! And it started raining at that point so it wasn't meant to. E Rolling Eyes

I will give it another attempt when the weather is better and, I have the correct tool, if there is one I can purchase.

Can someone advise me on what tool to buy to be able to gain access to that screw so I can do this job.

I used an L screw driver and the Philips end didn't even fit into the screw let alone any space to twist/open the screw!

Has anyone actually managed to repair the dryer unit and remove it without haveing to take the whole compressor out?

Here's a photo of the screw I need to remove so I can twist the dryer out. I'm sure once I get that screw out I will be able to do the job, I hope.!!!

Discovery 3 HSE 2007  
Post #17606209th Jan 2017 6:33 pm
Azzybee

Anyone??? Razz
 Discovery 3 HSE 2007  
Post #17608509th Jan 2017 10:20 pm
Azzybee

Ok. So.

I managed to remove my suspension compressor dryer earlier. I bought a decent Marita small ratchet L shape set. Taking the screw which holds the compressor dryer housing in place was a nightmare. Some how I managed to get the screw bit on then used the ratchet to remove enough before I got my paws on it and removed totally. Putting the screw on was almost impossible with what I had to use and I managed to get it in but only part hand right it. I tried for ages to get my set onto it but to no avail. It's only tightened by hand which hopefully will hold! Removing the filters and desiccant and putting it all back together was pretty easy and enjoyable. The desiccant inside looked more like gel balls where as my desiccant looked like hard small brown balls. The filters were surety especially the bottom one which wa also very hard and not soft anymore.

I have photos of my work but will post another time when I am not busy.

The question is has it worked? Well, I do and don't think so.

So, I have just put it to the test and did pretty much exactly what I did before to get an error message on the screen about the suspension and also plugged my iid in but nothing, no fault has come up on both the iid and my car screen. Before it would do it 100% maybe not straight away but pretty soon and I over did my tests to double check. Is that good?, yes but now I have another issue! Big Cry

When selecting the height control it seems to go down into acces mode no probs (and this time seems to feel a little bump when it stops but can't remember if that is normal). The issue I now have is that a message says suspension raising slowly and then it will say suspension will raise when system cooled! Big Cry

I don't know if my work has fixed one issue and caused another or what. I'm confused as to what it could be. I followed the manual provided to the tee apart from I over tightened the new screw and nut with filter between but I loosened it after I read not to over tighten.

I checked my iid and live value of compressor was 108 degrees C.

Any ideas what it could be?

Thanks.
 Discovery 3 HSE 2007  
Post #176127910th Jan 2017 8:24 pm
Azzybee

This is going to sound very strange but when I select off road height it looks as if the car is lowering and not raising. I was watching the front as I put it in off road height and the front looked like it lowered.
 Discovery 3 HSE 2007  
Post #176130410th Jan 2017 8:52 pm
Azzybee

Ok.

Do this morning I drove off and while driving put raises the car twice (normal then to off road height) without any messages coming up on the dash. Couldn't really tell how it went up/height change as driving but left it for 5 minute then lowered and back up again with no messages/issues.

Onc parked up inrwrurned to the car after 15 mins and while parked I lowered the car to access which was fine then up to normal. When I went into off road the back lifted and the front never, lowered again then up again and the same thing happened. It seems the back rises up but the front doesn't. I monitor it properly matching the front to a car I front and seeing the height difference by eye.

I drove off again and lowered and raised but this time the message vehicle raising slowly came up. When I parked up and messed around with the height control the vehicle will raise when system cooled came up. It flashed between that message and vehicle raising slowly a few times. Say in the car for a bit and when cool s down the vehicle eventually raised to full off road height (both front and back this time). Had it on off road height selected for around another 10 minutes with the car running and no messages came up and car stayed in off road height position.

One thing which is a good thing is no error lights came on a s before and with all the tests I have done the dryer re build has seemed to work. I do feel there is another issue maybe with the compressor or even another part to do with the suspension but I can't work out what it is. I've read various threads but can't see. To find one that can point me in the right direction! Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks as always.
 Discovery 3 HSE 2007  
Post #176155011th Jan 2017 10:46 am
Gary_P

Ukraine 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Not sure this helps, but will mention my observation anyway. When I am stationary and put mine in off road height , I notice the first thing that happens is the front dips down. Not sure if this is just the back raising or whether the front does actually move down, but it definitely happens.
Good luck getting to the bottom of this.
 Gary
-------------------------------------------

Discovery 4 HSE 2016MY 

Post #176158611th Jan 2017 12:46 pm
Azzybee

Thanks gary_p that's good to know.

But, a change has occurred earlier. As I pulled off to drive somewhere within 3 minutes of driving without touching the suspension button the dreaded orange light came on with a beep kind of noise and the error message suspension fault came up.

When I stopped I plugged it my iid and the message C1A20-64(2C) came up which read( pressure increase too slow when filling reservoir, algorithm based failure).

Also; U0132-87(2C) lost communication with rode level control module. Bus signal/message failure. Missing a message.

I don't mind replacing the whole compressor I've got to that point where I think that may be necessary. If I do replace the compressor do you guys think that would solve my issues?

I don't want to replace it if it is necessary. When it went on originally for my service the dealer said the whole unit needs replacing.
 Discovery 3 HSE 2007  
Post #176169611th Jan 2017 4:40 pm
Azzybee

A short read about the Land Rover air suspensionif anyone is interested...

http://landroverhelp.blogspot.co.uk/2015/0...n.html?m=1
 Discovery 3 HSE 2007  
Post #176230612th Jan 2017 7:23 pm
Oswiperus
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

The reservoir doesn't have an enormous capacity and will deplete quickly when playing with suspension heights, resulting in the 'raising slowly' message also using that amount of air will cause the compressor to overheat resulting in your other message about the compressor needing to cool down. As you have still got the 'pressure increasing too slowly' fault then you may still have an air leak or perhaps compressor is worn out.

Stu

Post #176240612th Jan 2017 9:17 pm
Azzybee

Hi Stu.

Thanks for the info. Makes sense.

Any tips on where to look for other air leaks? Was also researching and heard to replace an exhaust part of the compressor (a threaded plug with an orange o ring, a print and a small plastic bit) you reckon it's worth replacing?
 Discovery 3 HSE 2007  
Post #176252812th Jan 2017 11:57 pm
Oswiperus
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Having been quite lucky and only having the dryer cap problem i'm not sure where to suggest. one thought though is the reservoir itself as the have been known to pinhole with corrosion.

Post #176306613th Jan 2017 11:15 pm
Azzybee

Thanks Oswiperus.

Ill have a look at the reservoir and see if I can find a leak. Thumbs Up
 Discovery 3 HSE 2007  
Post #176309914th Jan 2017 12:38 am
Azzybee

Discovery 3 HSE 2007  
Post #176311014th Jan 2017 1:13 am
Post Reply Back to top