DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D4)

Suspension fault C1A13-64
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Ncallan

Ireland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Suspension fault C1A13-64

So here goes .....
My D3 develop a suspension fault C1A13-64 a few months back which in real terms would consist of the compressor kicking in to life after starting the engine then cutting out after 10 secs and the code appearing on the dash bla bla bla .
So after much reading on here and elsewhere I thought the easiest option would be to just buy a new ( reconditioned) compressor on eBay .
Iv fitted the new compressor and new relay and nothing !!!! Big Cry
Tried another relay , nothing. It doesn’t kick in at all .
So I take the new one off and fit the old one and nothing. It doesn’t come to life either .
What the hell am I doing wrong. The nearest Landrover dealer is an hour away and I really don’t want to go down that route of at all possible.
Anyone got any ideas ????

Post #202888915th Feb 2019 9:30 pm
Ncallan

Ireland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Here’s an email I got from that very nice Pat in Canada but can anyone break it down to plain English or something a non-professional mechanic might understand Shocked

Common fault, as per LR;

C1A13-64 Pressure Does Not Decrease When Venting Gallery - Signal plausibility failure
Signal plausibility failure
Gallery pipe from rear valve block to suspension air supply unit blocked/damaged
Air suspension exhaust silencer or exhaust pipe blocked/restricted
Rear valve block pipes connected incorrectly
Pressure sensor fault
Exhaust valve stuck closed
Visually check the gallery pipes for evidence of melting, crushing, kinking or collapsing. If pipes appear sound, disconnect the pipe at both ends and check for free air flow. Repair/renew pipes as required, clear DTC and retest
Check the air suspension air supply unit exhaust silencer/exhaust pipe for blockages/restrictions. Repair as required, clear DTC and retest
Starting with the vehicle around normal height, using the manufacturer approved diagnostic system, open the exhaust valve. If the rear suspension height lowers quickly as soon as the exhaust valve is opened then a rear air spring pipe and the front gallery pipe are fitted to the rear valve block incorrectly. Rectify as required, clear DTC and retest
To check air pressure sensor, use the manufacturer approved diagnostic tool to vent the common gallery via the exhaust valve. Then disconnect the 8mm delivery pipe from the delivery port on the back of the air dryer and connect a T-piece fitting. Connect one port of the T-piece to the blue delivery port via a short length of 8mm pipe. Connect the other port of the T-piece to a calibrated pressure gauge tool (Note that an 8mm connector will be required). Using the manufacturer approved diagnostic tool, run the suspension air supply unit until the pressure is in the range 1500 - 1800 Kpa. Read the system pressure using the manufacturer approved diagnostic tool. Divide the measurement in Kpa by 100 then subtract 1 at sea level (0.9 at 900m elevation, 0.8 at 1900m elevation, or 0.7 at 3000m elevation) to convert to bar and compare the result with that displayed by the pressure gauge. If the readings are not within 2.0 bar of each other then the pressure sensor is likely to be faulty. In the case of a faulty pressure sensor, check and install a new valve block as required. Clear DTC and retest
To check for a stuck exhaust valve, use the manufacturer approved diagnostic tool to run the suspension air supply unit until a gallery pressure of at least 500 Kpa is reached, then switch off the suspension air supply unit and ensure all valves are closed before opening the exhaust valve and noting any changes in gallery pressure. If the gallery pressure drops quickly to between 125 Kpa and 250 Kpa at sea level (115 Kpa and 240 Kpa at 900m elevation, 105 Kpa and 230 Kpa at 1900m elevation, or 95 Kpa and 220 Kpa at 3000m elevation) then the exhaust valve is operating correctly. If the gallery pressure cannot vent quickly below 220 Kpa to 250 Kpa (elevation dependent, see above), then there is a fault with the air suspension system or its exhaust valve. Disconnect the 8mm delivery pipe from the delivery port on the back of the air dryer. Connect a calibrated pressure gauge tool directly into the delivery port. (Note that an 8mm connector will be required). Run the suspension air supply unit to generate 3 to 4 bar and then actuate the exhaust valve. If the pressure cannot vent quickly to between 0.25 bar and 1.5 bar then the exhaust valve is the likely cause of failure. In this case, check and install a new suspension air supply unit as required. If the pressure can vent quickly to between 0.25 bar and 1.5 bar then check for a blockage in the pipe between the compressor and the rear valve block, and/or a blockage in the rear valve block, and/or a pressure sensor fault. In the case of a blocked pipe, repair or replace the faulty pipe as required. In the case of a blockage in the rear valve block or a pressure sensor fault, check and install a new rear valve block as required. Clear DTC and retest

Post #202889015th Feb 2019 9:36 pm
Antjp

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I know it has been a while, but did you notice that your disco would raise up fine. But not lower back down without bringing the fault. I found that Canadian information very informative but I don’t have the relevant testing gear for pressures yet. I’ve gone through my pipe work and vented it with my diagnostic tool and it does go down with the diagnostic tool when I hit the dump air section. It’s puzzling really. Have you sorted yours?

Post #225158215th Sep 2021 11:59 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >