Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Survey: your longest faultless period ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

What you describe is the very nature of web forums... good news rarely gets posted Shocked

Post #5309812th Apr 2006 9:19 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

I sympathise with any member who has had problems with their ownership experience and we are all here to comfort and advise each other.

Unfotunately Offroader, by posting this thread in the manner that you have you should recognise that you are giving others the motivation to respond as shown. You may detect that most are clearly not interested, and a little annoyed perhaps, in general whinging and especially when comparing their Disco 3 to a BMW 525.

We all know that the Disco 3 is not perfect - not many things are - we are here to help but you have to be a little more gentle with us !!
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #5310612th Apr 2006 9:56 am
OffRoader

Finland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

I see. Clear cultural and regional difference. In Finland we are used to go straight to the point, say things straight and be pretty much fact based. In fact we are quite close to Germans in many sense. In some other countries and cultures, more BS, gentle and softer articulation is necessary, also not possible to list facts but more talk about perceptions and feelings.

Point taken, I'm going to radio silence for a while now Very Happy
 -- too many modifications made to my Disco 3 to be listed in here --  
Post #5312712th Apr 2006 11:47 am
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

OffRoader wrote:
I see. Clear cultural and regional difference. In Finland we are used to go straight to the point, say things straight and be pretty much fact based. In fact we are quite close to Germans in many sense. In some other countries and cultures, more BS, gentle and softer articulation is necessary, also not possible to list facts but more talk about perceptions and feelings.

Point taken, I'm going to radio silence for a while now Very Happy

Hey ! Lets hope you have a better sense of humour than the Germans though Wink

And don't be quiet... the site thrives on vocality Smile

-s

Post #5312912th Apr 2006 12:20 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Quote:

Hey ! Lets hope you have a better sense of humour than the Germans though

-s

THAT would not be difficult...... Wink

....come on Offroader don't take it to heart .... you're right, we do require more Bullsh*t.

JMC where are you???
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #5313612th Apr 2006 1:02 pm
roverdawg

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackLR3

I've never had a fault or issue that left the LR3 undriveable. The only times that the dealer has had it for an extended period was when waiting for parts. A great vehicle that drives well. Now for the nitpicking, the longest I've gone without an error message popping up is 72 hours. Most often it is for a "suspension fault" and is "rebootable". Does it stop me from driving? No. Is it a pain in the Censored ? Yes. Thankfully, there appears to be a software update to address the problem and I hope to have it sorted out at the next visit.
 2005 LR3 HSE
1998 Disco (sold) 

Post #5318212th Apr 2006 7:12 pm
Tim in Scotland

Scotland 
Re: Survey: your longest faultless period ?

OffRoader wrote:
Benchmark: My record for faultless time is with BMW 525, it's 8 years and 32 days :=) I'm the first owner of it and now it's already 14 years old. Due issues, I have had to visit any BMW service dealer only three times so far.

My god what a boring car that must be then.................... nothing going wrong in 8 years....... bit like my 10 year old Tdi300 Defender which has never had an unscheduled stop in a service bay or the V8 ES Disco 1, the Freelander and the L322 RR that I have owned, nothing ever went wrong with them or fell off and they haven't had any "issues" from the factory either...... unfortunately my RRS blotted it's copy book 2 weeks ago when the Engine System Fault warning came up 4 times in one journey but now it has had a patch downloaded it is better than ever.

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on 12th Apr 2006 10:25 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #5319012th Apr 2006 7:57 pm
zig

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

My previous Land Rover a Discovery TDI 300 went for 9 years 11 months and 1 week before I had my first failure that resulted in the vehicle having to be recovered. I was most disappointed that I did not make the 10 years. Even at that it was only the auxillary drive belt (coolant, alternator and power steering) that had gone. On the other hand I have had a number of bad experiences with failures on Germany cars.

Post #5319112th Apr 2006 8:03 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

OffRoader wrote:
..... In fact we are quite close to Germans in many sense...
But not as close as the Dansk, eh? Whistle Wink  
Post #5319612th Apr 2006 8:17 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Husky

Australia 
Re: Purely positive motivation: to return my faith

OffRoader wrote:
My motivation for this threat was purely to get the facts. I believe that people (like I also) write into here mostly WHEN they have issues or problems and want to get hints and help from others. People do not write if everything is fine
=> my belief is that there might be some people around whose Disco 3 just works fine without any trouble . we just never hear about those guys beucause they are happily offroading.

Original motivation of mine was to return my faith after those 7 visits to dealer during 2 months.
Offroader

If this is your method of "returning your faith" then go for it, I sincerely hope it works. Just take a look at all the 'positive' threads you have created as a result Wink

Talk about a WIN WIN situation for all Laughing

Post #5322512th Apr 2006 10:14 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >