Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Stereo Wiring Diagram
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
sideview

United States 2005 LR3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Java BlackLR3
Stereo Wiring Diagram

Does anyone happen to have one for 05SE (hi-line)? I'm puting in an itegration kit and have to tap in to the head unit/amp/speakers. Also hoping to keep use of the steering wheel controls.

Any tips & advice on things to look out for are welcome Razz
 I'm not so good at giving advice...may I offer you a sarcastic comment instead?

Haiti Earthquake Relief: Donate Your Frequent Flier Miles 

Post #31497027th Jun 2008 4:42 pm
SN

wiggs is your man - try his gallery http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/index.php?cat=11468
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #31498427th Jun 2008 4:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I have put one in for ya Thumbs Up

http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/use...system.pdf

What do you mean by "itegration kit" ...new head unit ? speakers ?
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #31498727th Jun 2008 5:11 pm
sideview

You're the man wiggs!! Thumbs Up

Well I got a good fleabay deal on this kenwood unit, video screen, & nav system. Going to hook up few other bits to it too if all goes well. You're supposed to be able to hook up your OEM head unit if you want to keep the factory stereo (I want to use the cd changer).

Got lots of wires going on here at the moment... Shocked Laughing

Post #31498927th Jun 2008 5:28 pm
wiggs

Looks good Thumbs Up

I have never had any dealings with that type of kit so i cant give much advise on that unit ...however if you need any help on the d3 side of the wiring ..just shout ...i ( or others ) may be able to help.

Make sure you take loads of pictures of your install ..would be very interested to see how it intergrates with the original head unit Thumbs Up
Post #31499327th Jun 2008 5:40 pm
sideview

This is the installation diagram for the controller...

Click image to enlarge

Last edited by sideview on 27th Jun 2008 5:47 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #31499527th Jun 2008 5:41 pm
sideview

wiggs wrote:
Looks good Thumbs Up

I have never had any dealings with that type of kit so i cant give much advise on that unit ...however if you need any help on the d3 side of the wiring ..just shout ...i ( or others ) may be able to help.

Make sure you take loads of pictures of your install ..would be very interested to see how it intergrates with the original head unit Thumbs Up

Thanks for the help wiggs, I'm sure I'll be calling on your expertise. I'm not that good with electrics & it's a bit scary to start hacking in on it Exclamation I'll take lots of pics with step by step (and/or how not to do its Laughing) along the way Thumbs Up

Post #31499827th Jun 2008 5:46 pm
wiggs

Its a bit hard to read some of that wiring diagram ...the top relays in particular ....and were does the accessory wiring harness go ..(thick black line )

Looked on line for a diagram but cant find one Sad
Post #31501327th Jun 2008 6:16 pm
sideview

Yeah I'm sorry, see if this full diagram is any clearer - http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/use...nstall.pdf

I think that the top relays are to the fuse box connections, which I'm wondering if I can bypass the parking sensor detection to function nav & video on the go.

Post #31502027th Jun 2008 6:46 pm
wiggs

Have a look at this aswell ..may help

http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/use...tion~4.pdf

I have had a quick look at the wiring diagram and heres what i think.

A,B ,C are easy enough (power , ignition and ground)

Parking sensor (light green) just wire that to earth ( car chassis) this will fool it into thinking you have the handbrake on all the time ...this allows for tv /dvd etc on the move.

Reverse sensor (purple/white) goes to one of the reversing light wires ( green with brown tracer - same on both sides ) you will be able to see these easy when you take the lens out .Alternativly you can tap into fuse 5 (15 amp) in the fuse box under the glove box.

Dimmer control (orange/white ) not found that yet

Steering wheel remote (light /blue yellow ) not found yet.(although there is a plug on the back of the stereo with this listed - see above pdf)

Mute wire ( brown) i presume that for any telephone kit you have ?

Motor antenna (blue) this is for an electric ariel ..so it powers up when you switch on the stereo ..can be used to power an external amp..also can be used to power the amp on d3 ariel ..but i wouldnt have thought you would need to mess with that as its already powered from the stereo.

Power control wire (blue/white ) as it says in the discription

Extrenal amplifier control ( pink/black ) ..related to power control wire ( dont know if your fitting an external amp)

All the speaker connections might be a pain to splice into Sad ..i would consider getting a aftermarket LR to iso lead ( about £12 ) and trying to make some sort of harness out of that ...

I am presuming you are leaving your original hi line stereo fitted ?

The 4 relays at the top of the picture ...do they come with there own relay box ..as it dosent say were there supposed to go!!
Post #31503527th Jun 2008 7:40 pm
sideview

Didn't come with a relay box, the guys at the local Kenwood shop don't know what it's for either - they 'think' it may be for connecting accessories with switch controls...as their example "neon undercarage lights" Laughing

Well we're attempting to begin the install & have everything torn apart Shocked

Got the speaker connections from the amplifier figured out (I'm using the LR amp for now), but one big question we have is what wires go to what from the head unit to the amp. They have kindly changed colors at the connections to confuse us. Not seeing anything in the diagrams to depict this connection, anybody happen to have a pic, wiring diagram of the amp to head unit, or can explain anything with this? Gonna try figuring it out, but would be easier not to guess Laughing

Post #31515828th Jun 2008 12:01 am
pandion2

Australia 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

Hi, Sideview,

How far you need to go with the installation depends on what you want to get out of the V1000. Some Aussie dealers are fitting the KOS V500 in combination with the KOS L702 Monitor and the KNA G430 as an after market Sat Nav. If you just need the Sat Nav then it is easier to use a seperate speaker mounted in side the panel below the Steering wheel and just hooked up the power supply and maybe the reverse sensor if you are using a reversing camera. This way you don't have to interface with the audio system. The down side is poor sound if you want to connect an IPod or DVD player. It would be useful to have some dimmer control if this works with the montor screen as manually setting the dimmer to auto at night is tedious as you have to use the remote control unit and wander through the montor setup routines.

Post #31516628th Jun 2008 12:55 am
sideview

Cheers pandion Thumbs Up I do want to have the iPod, blue tooth and what not through the stereo speakers. Interesting about the dimmer control, I can see where that could become annoying. Do you know of any dimmer controls? I've got the KOS L702 as well.

Post #31516828th Jun 2008 1:08 am
pandion2

Australia 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

Hi Sideview,
I have not sorted out the dimmer issue as yet but am hoping that ultimately connecting the dimmer control wire (Illumi) to the car light control switch will solve the problem. Would be interested in how you complete the installation as I would like to connect my system to the main speakers as some time.

Regards
Pandion

Post #31520928th Jun 2008 9:05 am
wiggs

No speaker wires on the stereo (on hi - line)..there all sent out from the amp

"The High line-Harman/Kardon audio speaker system is driven by an amplifier located under the RH front seat. The amplifier is controlled by the Integrated Head Unit (IHU) on the MOST bus and supplies 6x50 watts output, giving a total system power rating of 300 watts For additional information, refer to Audio System (415-01 Audio Unit)"
Post #31523428th Jun 2008 10:09 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >