Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

sofa..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
JF Lux

Luxembourg 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

ad15 wrote:
no harm to anyone...apart from me and neil's image...

what...? you think your reputation can go lower... Shocked Laughing
 The next American ex-pat that calls it a "truck" is going to find out what 2.7 tons feels like on their foot...

Club "yes, I too have had the EGR's replaced..."
Club "yes, I too have had the compressor replaced..."
Club "yes, I too once had the car at the dealer for a couple of weeks nearly 4 weeks over 4 weeks...5 weeks"
Club "yes, I too have had EPB failure..."
Club "yes, I too get mysterious bings and bongs..." 

Post #5604194th Dec 2009 12:41 pm
DiscoDad

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

ronp wrote:
I was sober at the time and now I cann't believe I posted a comment about "Sofas"

Heeelp ..... I need help NOW !!! Big Cry

Ron. There are 3 major 'objects of desire' in a man's life.
In no particular order they are....

Car
Sofa
Wife

(as I say, in no particular order) Whistle
 Back in the game!  
Post #5605954th Dec 2009 8:53 pm
ad15

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

JF Lux wrote:
ad15 wrote:
no harm to anyone...apart from me and neil's image...

what...? you think your reputation can go lower... Shocked Laughing

hell yeah, christmas party season is only JUST beginning...
Rolling with laughter
 one wife.......livid  
Post #5607045th Dec 2009 10:10 am
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

Why not find a local upholsterer to re cushion and cover an existing sofa. To be honest the sofa frame is a pretty basic construction, it is the covering and foam which make it. My parents had their sofa's completely re covered by hand and it was way better than anything you could buy. You can choose anything you like and decide on the foam density etc.

I can't believe i am posting sofa's now as well on a Saturday morning Shocked

Post #5607075th Dec 2009 10:17 am
ad15

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

cheers for the hot tip countrywide,

only problem with that is that the cushion was actually made too small for the sofa,

the shop in barnstaple that is sorting it all (barrow and clarke) i have to say are being fantastic in trying to resolve the issue,

I really am impressed with their customer service, 1st rate and highly recommended..
 one wife.......livid  
Post #5607105th Dec 2009 10:39 am
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

The cushions probably got swapped at the factory by mistake. There is somebody somewhere thinking their cushions are too big for their sofa Very Happy

Post #5607265th Dec 2009 11:25 am
ad15

OR they were made on a friday PM monday AM, all their sofa's are made to order i beleive hence the 4 month wait...

things looking up though, barrow nclarke trying to resolve alternatively which is great...

slightly OT,,

pinched the old mans fiat panda today, it's a deisel with an engine size that i think is the same size as the one in my nephews remote control car..

have to say, bloomin fantastic car!!!! 77mpg, goes pretty good for a little thing, ride is pleasant, generally a nice place to be.. and it fealt real good knwing i was getting so good fuel economy.. Thumbs Up
thinking about one as the second autovoituremobile..
 one wife.......livid  
Post #5608905th Dec 2009 8:26 pm
ad15

UPDATE1.

thought i'd give a little update re natuzzi as I'm now in amazement at their customer service.. or lack of,

So, the natuzzi engineer has said the sofa cannot be repaired and a new one will be made.... it took from dec 3rd until dec 14th to get to that conclusion. barrow and clarke have been facntastic throughout i have to say, even offering stock furniture on loan until we get our new one, and that's knowing we have a husky too..needless to say we will survive..

anyway, tried to get an ETA on the new one arriving, have been told wait is now 4 - 4 1/2 months!!!!

So, i then get in touch with Natuzzi customer service to try and find out why we are at the back of the queue again, as far as i'm concerned we should get a priority so on and so forth.

so the Censored at natuzzi tells me i cannot call them there, (even though there website publishes a CS number) and that my contract is with the store i should ONLY be talking to them... Evil or Very Mad

this approach amazes me, I got given this fob- off 3 times, i asked to speak to the manager, i get put on hold each time and then told that she cannot take my call at present. a COMPLETE avoidance to deal with a customer,

So i asked for the director of natuzzi uk, got given his name, but a refusal to give me his secretary or even his email...

I am disgusted at the lack of customer service from a company that is supposedly "the top of the tree" when it comes to furniture.. they have no idea how to deal with a problem, they have no interest in dealing with a problem what so ever.

After some digging on the internet I've managed to track down the names of the board of directors at natuzzi in italy as well as my natuzzi himself and have sent a very long protracted email detailing our experience with his brand,,

just to clarify, we ordered this sofa start of september, and we're now not expecting delivery until mid april!!!!! but that hasnt even been confirmed to us.. we havent had a single call from natuzzi to help resolve this issue...

muppets/....
 one wife.......livid  
Post #5739254th Jan 2010 2:46 pm
countrywide

I see what you mean, sounds to me like they are just sitting on the problem rather than dealing with it.

Hope you get it sorted soon, but if you want to speak to the Director, use the I am a golf friend ploy when you call. I spoke to the chairman of the Coventry building society using this approach after getting blocked, got put through and we had a nice chat about how rubbish they had been. He got eveything sorted within 48 hours.

Post #5739304th Jan 2010 2:50 pm
Frapp

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

ad mate

Go for the juggular and start firing some f Censored ks into em, threaten to cancel the order etc etc

You know it makes sense Thumbs Up
 Member of the carrot crank club

Embarrassingly in for the 2nd round, bought another two

D3 Jack Russell carrier
D4 Landmark for towing duties 

Post #5739744th Jan 2010 3:33 pm
ad15

funnily enough i just had the customer services manager on the blower,,,, Whistle

i could hear the grimace when i told her i'd mailed the president of the company, she even asked what email adress i'd used and how i got it.. Rolling with laughter

needless to say i should be getting an answer by tomorrow on when to expect, her story was full of holes, we've threatened to cancel as well,

problem is we like the sofa, hahaha
 one wife.......livid  
Post #5739834th Jan 2010 3:45 pm
ad15

UPDATE 2
Quote:
After some digging on the internet I've managed to track down the names of the board of directors at natuzzi in italy as well as my natuzzi himself and have sent a very long protracted email detailing our experience with his brand,,

SO...

I just got an email back from pasquale natuzzi himself.... Rolling with laughter

he was very interested to here of my experience with natuzzi uk,,, needless to say there have been some kurt emails bounced around internally, most of which he was kind enough to forward on to me,,, Rolling with laughter

he he put a personal speedtrack on our sofa, can expect end of the month... Bow down

well chuffed, esp as i guessed what his email address would be.... Embarassed
 one wife.......livid 

Last edited by ad15 on 4th Jan 2010 6:42 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #5740944th Jan 2010 6:30 pm
Stu

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Nicely done! The people at the top of the tree are normally very keen to look after the customer and value them, but it tends to get watered down the further away you get from them.

I often find calling and asking for the PR dept. is a good way to get things dealt with.
 D3 HSE MY05 Auto

Expo Rack, Club MTR, LR Spots, A Bar, Light Guards, GNVP Sump Guard, GNVP Ladder, Cup Holders, RLD A Bar brackets. Disco3Club stickers, Aux power on Mod 

Post #5741004th Jan 2010 6:39 pm
ad15

cheers stu,

am well chuffed with myself,,, it's amazing what you can achieve in a day when you're unemployed and don't mind spending a little time on tinternet..
 one wife.......livid  
Post #5741444th Jan 2010 7:07 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >