Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Photos, Videos & Media

Smash 1 year ago today
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Kirk70

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

The Dundonian wrote:
Sorry, but I think £21k for a loan car whilst yours was repaired was more than extreme. It's no wonder insurance premiums rise. No doubt it was one of those accident management companies that took over.
Has her insurance paid for the hire car? You could have trouble justifying the expense tbh. It's just not reasonable.

Fortunately it won't be me justifying anything, I simply put it to the insurance company that my requirements were a vehicle with 7 seats (as I have myself, my wife, 4 children and a black Labrador to transport) and 4 wheel drive due to the remote location of my home which may be difficult to access during bad weather. These are the main reasons I purchased a Discovery and as there was no fault found on my behalf why shouldn't my basic requirements be met? Not my fault they chose to hire a brand new Discovery at this cost. And yes it was an accident management company which took over and they made all the decisions regarding the loan car. They gave me a BMW X3 on the first day but as this didn't even seat 6 it was no good. I complained and asked for a 7 seater 4X4 and the Discovery turned up shortly after.

I suspect the company hiring the vehicle out is charging high prices due to the fact it is an insurance job and they believe the bill will just get paid regardless.

I do support the other party's insurance company on questioning this cost as it is being charged ridiculous prices.

Completely out of my hands now.
 2006 SE
Grille Upgrade
Rear LEDs
Privacy Glass 

Post #186143725th Sep 2017 7:41 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Lets hope you're right.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2016/mar...e-agencies
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #186144025th Sep 2017 7:46 am
Kirk70

Moo wrote:
^ I agree. If I was her insurance company I'd test it in court. The cost of hiring the replacement car was significantly greater than the value of your car and the repairs. We were involved in a similar thing with one of the guys on site in a pick up and got our insurer to fight it, which took some effort but they did and eventually won. More and more insurers are now fighting these accident management scammers.

I agree with you both. Her insurance company are fighting it in court, and TBH I hope they win as these costs are indicative of an accident management company ripping off insurance brokers and then the resulting costs are added to our premiums.

All I requested was my 2 vehicle requirements were met. 7 seats and 4 wheel drive, which are the two main reason I bought the car in the first place.
 2006 SE
Grille Upgrade
Rear LEDs
Privacy Glass 

Post #186144125th Sep 2017 7:50 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Iguana

Ukraine 

I'm in a similar situation at the moment, D3 is in garage being fixed after a 'No-Fault' crash with a company car (https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic164033.html)

I currently have a Audi Q7 while mine is in, hoping it will only be around 1 week though, I think the rental is £200+ a day Shocked so even say 10 days would be £2000+

At the end of the day Kirk70 (as with my case) is out of pocket due to no fault to himself, it's not his fault that he has no Disco, I agree that £21k is a daft amount of money, but this is entirely down to the stupid way insurance companies do business

It's all about blame with insurance companies, his insurance won't pay as it potentially admits liability, so all this happens as the other party insurance didn't admit liability

I'm now thinking how long mine will take if it get's to a similar situation with the other party insurance Shocked I do have video of the smash though
 Iggy/Ieuan

Current LR =
2015 RR Sport Autobiography
&
1992 Land Rover Defender Camper

- Gone but not forgotten:
MY10 D4 GS
MY05 Disco 3 'S'
MY14 FL2 HSE manual in Blue
MY15 Disco 4 HSE Lux in Santorini Black
MY08 Disco 3 SE manual in Buck Blue
1960 Series 2 88" (No idea why I sold it!) 

Last edited by Iguana on 25th Sep 2017 7:52 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #186144225th Sep 2017 7:51 am
BBDisco3

United Kingdom 

But why 8 weeks hire for a 2 week repair?

Post #186144325th Sep 2017 7:51 am
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Keep us posted, but i'd check what agreement you signed for the replacement vehicle and what, if any liabilities you have should they win.
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Last edited by Moo on 25th Sep 2017 7:53 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #186144425th Sep 2017 7:52 am
Iguana

Ukraine 

Simply because the other part insurance was fighting the case and not admitting liability
 Iggy/Ieuan

Current LR =
&

MY10 D4 GS
MY05 Disco 3 'S'

Post #186144525th Sep 2017 7:53 am
Someone-Gone

United Kingdom 

I am not getting at you, but I am sure the hire costs would have been evident at the outset and must have sent alarm bells ringing.

I'd look at your paper works fine print. Thing is some of the Accident Management companies will try it on with the other parties insurance, but if they fail, they could end up reverting to you.

Sorry, but these companies really are piranhas with no conscience.

Post #186144725th Sep 2017 8:00 am
BBDisco3

United Kingdom 

Iguana wrote:
Simply because the other party insurance was fighting the case and not admitting liability

But that doesn't stop the Disco insurer getting the car back on the road with a justifiable 2 week hire.

(Think that yours have done from reading your link)

Post #186144825th Sep 2017 8:04 am
Kirk70

Moo wrote:
Lets hope you're right.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2016/mar...e-agencies

This example uses a company fighting a "No fault claim", whist initially she did not claim responsibility, the pictures taken were then used to show she was at fault, I had stopped with nowhere to go (see wall to my near side) and she could have driven past me easily. She finally admitted liability allowing payments to be made to the garage. She tried to dodge the blame and effectively cost her insurance company more money due to the time wasting, If she had held her hand up right away it would have taken less than 2 weeks and not dragged on for over 2 months.

I have plenty of paperwork from the solicitor dealing with the case which clearly shows I am not responsible for any of the decisions made regarding the hire car. I am confident I won't be liable for any costs.

Good article though, it's an eye opener. Shocked
 2006 SE
Grille Upgrade
Rear LEDs
Privacy Glass 

Post #186145825th Sep 2017 8:19 am
Kirk70

The Dundonian wrote:
I am not getting at you, but I am sure the hire costs would have been evident at the outset and must have sent alarm bells ringing.

I'd look at your paper works fine print. Thing is some of the Accident Management companies will try it on with the other parties insurance, but if they fail, they could end up reverting to you.

Sorry, but these companies really are piranhas with no conscience.

I know you're not getting at me mate, I'm just the poor sod who was hit and wanted to get back on the road ASAP.

Like you say, they are piranhas and it's usually the likes of us who suffer for it.

They have already tries to revert it to me but as I had no part in deciding what I was given and simply requested 7 seats and 4 wheel drive (the two reasons I bought the car) the solicitor has proven I am not liable for any of it. Thumbs Up
 2006 SE
Grille Upgrade
Rear LEDs
Privacy Glass 

Post #186146225th Sep 2017 8:26 am
Iguana

Ukraine 

BBDisco3 wrote:
Iguana wrote:
Simply because the other party insurance was fighting the case and not admitting liability

But that doesn't stop the Disco insurer getting the car back on the road with a justifiable 2 week hire.

Agree Thumbs Up Insurance companies carry much of the blame here!
 Iggy/Ieuan

Current LR =
&

MY10 D4 GS
MY05 Disco 3 'S'

Post #186146325th Sep 2017 8:26 am
Kirk70

BBDisco3 wrote:
Iguana wrote:

True, but the garage who repaired the car wouldn't release it until one or other of the insurance companies paid the invoice, the argument for this then took another 7 weeks.

Again out of my hands. I would have loved my car back after two weeks as I was getting anxious by this point.

Also although the new disco was nice I just wanted my old faithful car back, I'm sure Disco drivers can relate to intimate relationship you can have with your car lol.
 2006 SE
Grille Upgrade
Rear LEDs
Privacy Glass 

Post #186146625th Sep 2017 8:30 am
Someone-Gone

United Kingdom 

Shocked I wouldn't say it was intimate. Maybe you did get a knock on the head.

Post #186146825th Sep 2017 8:33 am
Kirk70

Iguana wrote:
I'm in a similar situation at the moment, D3 is in garage being fixed after a 'No-Fault' crash with a company car (https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic164033.html)

I currently have a Audi Q7 while mine is in, hoping it will only be around 1 week though, I think the rental is £200+ a day Shocked so even say 10 days would be £2000+

At the end of the day Kirk70 (as with my case) is out of pocket due to no fault to himself, it's not his fault that he has no Disco, I agree that £21k is a daft amount of money, but this is entirely down to the stupid way insurance companies do business

It's all about blame with insurance companies, his insurance won't pay as it potentially admits liability, so all this happens as the other party insurance didn't admit liability

I'm now thinking how long mine will take if it get's to a similar situation with the other party insurance Shocked I do have video of the smash though

Video footage is a massive bonus, even my pictures released me from any blame.

Here's hoping that you get it sorted out very quickly pal. It's all one big money making scam and we pay for it through our premuims Censored
 2006 SE
Grille Upgrade
Rear LEDs
Privacy Glass 

Post #186147225th Sep 2017 8:35 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >