Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

Skiing Trip
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Nat

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

NoDo$h wrote:
Good age to get them into it. Little Miss Do$h is 9 now and can whip down the blues and reds at a pace that puts me to shame. We've done the same with her over the last 4 years - ski school in the morning, lunch, then some skiing with us in the afternoon. Until last year we'd limit the afternoon skiing to about 2 hours, mixing in some play time (snowmen, snowballs, igloos, general cocking about) but every kid is different Thumbs Up

Totally agree, 2 hours is more than plenty, we did a lot of this in the afternoon ....

Click image to enlarge

and we chose our appartment as it had a pool as well, so swimming every evening - my word did he eat and sleep really well :lol:

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Post #42017411th Feb 2009 9:34 pm
fakesnake

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

davesimmons wrote:
Looking forward to trying to teach our 5 yr old to ski aswell, going to head to Dorf gastein for that. Thumbs Up We haven't been to Niederau before, but prefer Austria to France, we been a few times to Obergurgl and Zell am See before, I just find that Austrains seem more friendly, and don't take the p*ss with their prices Thumbs Up

Dorf Gastein looks promising. Not long been back from Bad Gastein & some of the guests in our hotel went over to Dorf G for the day -they didn't stop raving about it.
Would echo your thoughts about the Austrians which is why we always return & have been to many resorts. WRT pricing, with the near 1:1 exchange rate, its about expensive now as the 3 valleys was a couple of years ago ie 5 quid a beer Big Cry
 Richard  
Post #42018311th Feb 2009 9:47 pm
andym

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

ECOLE SKI FRANCAIS - 4 KIDS UNDER 10 - 1 INSTRUCTOR 2 HOURS FOR 5 DAYS JUST PAID £800.00 !!

Post #42033812th Feb 2009 12:10 am
Nat

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

andym wrote:
ECOLE SKI FRANCAIS - 4 KIDS UNDER 10 - 1 INSTRUCTOR 2 HOURS FOR 5 DAYS JUST PAID £800.00 !!

OMG!!!! Is that for half term week???

I paid 72 euros for 2.5 hours a day 5 days for Marcus and we went 3 weeks ago.

Post #42075812th Feb 2009 6:37 pm
SPOTTER

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I think we are paying similar to Nat....however that is not for a "private lesson", he is in with all the other "piou pious" and "oursons" Thumbs Up
 end of an era ....... maybe a Defender when it appears.......  
Post #42077512th Feb 2009 7:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Nat

Hamish has just suggested that we escape for a weekend skiing at the beginning of April for his 40th Birthday - whoooo whooo how fab Very Happy , but the only bummer is that we will have to fly Rolling Eyes

Can anyone suggest a good ski company that does weekends?

Post #42084412th Feb 2009 8:42 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >