Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 4

Six weeks in
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Russell

United Kingdom 
Six weeks in

Well had D4 six weeks or so now and thought I would give an update on it.

It drives very well, much better than D3 but so far is not as economical. Best I have got so far is 27 Big Cry but the car has only done 1600 miles and is an auto compared to my D3 manual.

Cameras are a bit of a gimick but can be useful in tight spots like multi storey car parks, the reverse camera is great specially when hooking up the caravan Mr. Green .

It tows like a dream, very smooth and quick to accelerate even with a large twin axle caravan on the back. Fuel economy with the van on the back was 19/20 which I was happy with.

Just got back from a week away over Christmas in the caravan, arriving at the site there was a sloped drive entrance into the site, this was covered in sheet ice to the point that my lad fell over getting out of the car. This was a little concerning as I had to manoeuvre on it to get through the barrier and onto the site, this proved to be no problem with little or no wheel slip. Mr. Green

During the break we went out for some shopping, heavy rain on arrival at shop, did shop and came out about 45 mins latter to 2” of snow Mr. Green Mr. Green and still very heavy snow falling. Got in D4 and selected grass/ snow and set off, cars were sliding everywhere and on the fly over the motorway lorries were jack knifing and cars were sliding all over the place, we just drove around them no problems what so ever Mr. Green , even arriving back at the site the step now snow covered slope was a breeze.

To sum it up, I am very impressed with the D4 and its performance over a rang of driving types and weathers. I thought the D3 was good but the D4 is much better so far. Mr. Green Mr. Green
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #57065727th Dec 2009 10:33 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Smarticus

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Russell - I suspect your experiences of the D4 will have been repeated many times all over the country in the last few weeks. A hugely competent LR 4x4 is great to own all year - but when mother nature throws some of her "exciting" weather at you - a LR feels like the only place to be. Other drivers look up to you as you coast effortlessly past. Occassionally they ask you to stop and help them. And always they look with a jealous and admiring glance at your vehicles ability. I guess demand for LR products will have increased enormously this month.

And the D4 is clearly the best 4x4 by a country mile Thumbs Up
 Disco 4 TDV6HSE
Defender 200TDi CSW
RR Evoque 

Post #57074528th Dec 2009 9:16 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >