Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > North America & LR3/4

Sirius Satellite Radio
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
mzaver

United States 2007 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverLR3
Sirius Satellite Radio

Any folks on the forum with factory installed Sirius Satellite Radio? If so, what are your thoughts on quality and reception? I've had XM and the quality and reception seemed to be much better. I'm trying to see if this is a Sirius Satellite Radio issue or a LR antenna issue.
 2007 LR3 HSE - Zermatt Silver Zermatt Silver
2007 LR3 HSE - Stornoway Gray (Mrs.) Bonatti Grey
*Luxury Package (Heated Wind Shield, Heated Seats, Heated Washer Fluid, Adaptive Front Lights and Center Console Cooler Box)* 

Post #1632181st Jun 2007 2:50 pm
terdo1989

United States 2007 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3
Good topic - I am not pleased either

my reception seems spotty - I had an aftermarket XM in my old trooper and it was awesome!

Specifically - there seem to be dead spots in houston - makes no sense, I know - but it is open freeway ( no underpass) and the music will completely cut for a few seconds. Other times is as if the music skipped ( like bumping a cd player or turntable)

Is this what you are experiencing? the LR3 is my first experience with Sirius.
 Terry D  
Post #17701812th Jul 2007 12:17 am
mrmarklin

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueLR3
Re: Sirius Satellite Radio

mzaver wrote:
Any folks on the forum with factory installed Sirius Satellite Radio? If so, what are your thoughts on quality and reception? I've had XM and the quality and reception seemed to be much better. I'm trying to see if this is a Sirius Satellite Radio issue or a LR antenna issue.

I've had Sirius on several vehicles, including an aftermarket kit on my BMW and it works fine. The LR3's radio does well too. In fact, it's the best of the bunch. 8)
 '06 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Heavy Duty package, Satellite Radio, Luxury Package  
Post #17703712th Jul 2007 6:39 am
mzaver

United States 2007 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverLR3
XM was better in my opinion...

terdo1989 - I'm experiencing similar problems as you are around Washington, D.C. Prior to the LR3 I had a Chevy Tahoe with XM. I'm driving on the same roads under the same conditions - but the quality with Sirius is worse. I had very minimal issues except when driving in heavily wooded areas.

mrmarklin - glad to hear your Sirius is working fine. Maybe we will all be better off if these two merge - hopefully XM's technology is the winner.

I plan to raise the issue with the dealer when I take the LR3 in for service later this month. I'll keep you guys posted.
 2007 LR3 HSE - Zermatt Silver Zermatt Silver
2007 LR3 HSE - Stornoway Gray (Mrs.) Bonatti Grey
*Luxury Package (Heated Wind Shield, Heated Seats, Heated Washer Fluid, Adaptive Front Lights and Center Console Cooler Box)* 

Post #17716012th Jul 2007 2:22 pm
BrewMonkey

United States 2008 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Stornoway GreyLR3

I have Sirius and haven't had any real problems. The only issues I ever have are in the morning when leaving for work: crank engine, radio then needs to search for 10 seconds while pulling out of the garage. The initial reception for another few seconds can be squelchy or sound distant, but then it's all fine.

Recently went on a road trip from Detroit to Chicago and didn't suffer any drop outs or loss of quality, even in down town Chicago, although we only drove through real downtown section briefly.
 '08 LR3 V8 SE in Stornoway Gray, Alpaca interior. Xenons, Cold Weather Pack, Bluetooth & Sirius. General Grabber AT2s. EBC Sport Rotors & Green Stuff Pads, Traxide SC80 kit half fitted...
'11 Mini Cooper S Countryman, True Blue. 

Post #17723312th Jul 2007 4:29 pm
mrmarklin

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueLR3

Yeah, I have to say I've used Sirius all over the West all the way to Wyoming from here in CA and have never had a problem. 8)
 '06 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Heavy Duty package, Satellite Radio, Luxury Package  
Post #17725912th Jul 2007 6:23 pm
navydevildoc

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyLR3

My roommate has Sirius factory installed in her car, and it has issues all the time. I put XM into mine, and it's never skipped a beat.
 2005 LR3 HSE - ARB Bumper, Warn XD9000, Custom Rock Sliders and Skid Plates, BBS Faultmate MSV-2 Extreme, Kenwood TMD-700, etc, etc,
1965 Series IIA 

Post #17795514th Jul 2007 1:37 am
JamesWyatt

United States 2006 LR3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Tonga GreenLR3

No problem with the reception but the sound quality is Censored . Sounds like Internet radio piped through a dial-up connection.

Post #17795614th Jul 2007 2:22 am
Roverlad

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Tonga GreenLR3
Re: Sirius Satellite Radio

mzaver wrote:

I have 2006 SE with Sirius Radio. I think it is the LR aerial as my wife has same setup in her Lexus with no problems. I have noticed gaps in the broadcast all the time (1 or 2 seconds).

cheers

Post #27868828th Mar 2008 2:05 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
lordwinslow

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3

I had Sirius in my Mustang GT, the receiver was on the trunk lid. Horrible place, used to lose the signal going under power lines. Got rid of that car for the LR3. Put an Aftermarket kit in for Sirius and never looked back. I love it, the receiver is more powerful than what you find in the Ford ones. I would skip that option and put it in yourself. (I have both a kit for my '05 LR3 and my '96 Disco 1).

Winslow

Post #30368828th May 2008 10:14 am
Hollywood619

United States 2008 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Tonga GreenLR3

Here's a question about Sirius integration. I am stationed in Europe and have a 2007 HSE. I am returning back to the States soon. Do I simply have to call Sirius and activate service or does the dealer have to install something?
 "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part"  
Post #30371228th May 2008 11:16 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >