Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Servicing V8 in the US for the first time..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
LR3GuyJoe

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Bonatti GreyLR3
Servicing V8 in the US for the first time..

Ok I have a bit to go before my service is due but Id figure I go ahead and get my question out of the way.

First off dont laugh but this is the first vehicle I have ever had that still has a warranty Ive got 48k on the clock I got it with 46k and it has about 35k left on the warranty.

Second thing is Ive never had a dealer service or repair any of my cars, never.... I've always done all the work my self, from air filters to rebuilding gearboxes Ive always done it. But again all of my past cars have never had a warranty.

The d3 came with a full service record. I plan on keeping the thing for well past the warrenty. I'd like to do most the maintance myself. Filters oil ect ect the easy stuff. Is that kosher with the warrenty? If something happens 20k miles from now and the LR dealer shows no service record will I be given a hard time with warranty work?

Further more Ive been doing some research on here for synthetic oils and havent found much. I use Mobile 1 in my other car and generally use castrol gtx in my older vehicles that tend to leak. Id like to do mobile 1 in the D3 or Castrols synthetic. What is everyone else using?

Post #39328327th Dec 2008 7:11 am
Neil Pettersen

You get 3year/k100 ml inclusive service in the buy price ...... why do anything yourself Confused
If you don't use a Land Rover Dealer service(free !) you're being foolish really.

Touch nothing ...... everything is a "Manufacture get-out"..... if something is different,it will be your fault Rolling Eyes
Some change the air filter at more regular intervals ..... buy originals so they can't tell Wink
The recommended oil if fine.
With regard to brake pads,let the LR mob do the job in the first 3 years just incase there is a
problem with something associated ....... you don't want to wear the blame for anything unnecessarily.

At 36 months , you're a free man, but I'd still buy original parts ie. disks,pads, transmission oil(unique)
brake bulbs,radiator fluid.

Here in Oz the engine oil is synthetic for LR3 dealer services,as per handbook spec.

Post #39328427th Dec 2008 8:15 am
simonsi

New Zealand 

That servicing deal isn't world-wide, different markets vary. Its probably important to look at your warranty terms and conditions to see what you need to comply with, esp if it isn't a full factory warranty...not sure what warranty you have from the description???
 Cheers

Simon 

Post #39328627th Dec 2008 9:22 am
daveyb

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Tonga GreenLR3

Most likely you have a service warranty to 45K miles and extended warranty to 100K on parts/systems. Check your specific terms. If you intend to service yourself, play it safe and use ONLY LR recommended fluids, filters and follow schedules accordingly. The larger services may require you to see the dealer or an Indy shop at some time. It's never too early to start building a good relationship with both - you'll need one or both of them at some time or other. Thumbs Up
 2006 D3 Tonga Green
275/65/18 GY DuraTracs - ARB w/ EP9.0 - Sasquatch Rods 

Post #39332127th Dec 2008 4:30 pm
LR3GuyJoe

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Bonatti GreyLR3

Its a certified pre owned 72 month 75k mile warranty

Post #39332427th Dec 2008 4:33 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >