DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Serious approach angle
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Mike

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Serious approach angle

OK guys

I challenge anybody to prove that they can beat me for allowing my pride and joy '06 HSE to tackle such a serious appraoch angle.

It wasn't easy and my heart was in my mouth - look in my gallery under serious off roading folder for piccies
 '06 D3 HSE
Zambezi with Alpaca, F & R light guards, side steps, privacy glass, MTR's, rear access ladder, roof bars, RAI, walnut trim and a few other little bits and bobs 

Post #5291711th Apr 2006 2:54 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SN

...is it poorly then?
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #5294311th Apr 2006 7:14 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

So... Mike,

The 'new' Grand Cherokee looks like its doing some serious angles... what was it like on and off road compared to the D3 ??

-s

Post #5295511th Apr 2006 8:23 pm
Mossy

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

S'pose it's really a "Depature" angle.... bye, bye D3 Laughing
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #5296611th Apr 2006 8:50 pm
Mike

yep bye bye it is

now on the 2nd day and still no word, message came up 'suspension failure' and none of the terrain respnse system worked - gawd help me

Yeah the jeep was quite capable, I'm still to test out the capabilities of my disco3 but can't wait, probably do it in somebody elses on a LRE day soon

The on road manners of the D3 are a way more superior to the jeep in every way
 '06 D3 HSE
Zambezi with Alpaca, F & R light guards, side steps, privacy glass, MTR's, rear access ladder, roof bars, RAI, walnut trim and a few other little bits and bobs 

Post #5311512th Apr 2006 10:33 am
Mossy

If it's anything like my dealer (read into this anything you like Wink ), if its a compressor or such they have to get authorisation from LR for Warranty and if it's an unusual (or new) problem, they sometimes inspect.

S'pse you wont see much of it until after Easter now - that's a Bu**er!

My brother had a Jeep Cherokee and wrote it off 6 weeks into ownership sliding down a hill off a roundabout on a diesel spill. It was very capable off-road (as you know), and whilst not as composed on-road (diesel spills aside) as the D3 it wasnt a wobbly mess like the Ford Explorer I had the fun of driving for a while (not by choice).

Finger crossed it doesnt take too long and you'll be grinning again Laughing
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #5314112th Apr 2006 2:04 pm
jkp

Scotland 

Looks like mine will have the same form of bye bye angle later today. 'Suspension Failure', car doing a merry jig on each corner and failing to raise up to normal height.

LRA to the rescue......quoted a time of 30mins to being on-site

Post #5314812th Apr 2006 3:15 pm
Mossy

discojkp wrote:
car doing a merry jig on each corner and failing to raise up to normal height.

That doesnt sound like a fault to me... more like Lowrider Mode 8) , are you quite sure your car was destined for North America? Laughing
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #5315112th Apr 2006 3:53 pm
Mike

LR are still no further forward in finding the exact fault, guess my easter bunny won't be bringing my eggs in a D3 this year huh??
 '06 D3 HSE

Post #5328013th Apr 2006 12:17 pm
Mossy

Confused How will you cope? Remember you have friends here... failing that Samaritans?

Seriously, that's a bit rough - but it'll be back before you know it.
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #5328213th Apr 2006 12:24 pm
jkp

Scotland 

Just had a call about mine. Possibly get it back next Tuesday or Wednesday.

Already had a conversation with LR customer care. Awaiting a reply. Hopefully the very nice lady will help me out.

Post #5328313th Apr 2006 12:27 pm
Mike

WOOHOOOO

just ha da call and they have 'fixed' it. Say it wasn't a mechanical fault but POSSIBLY software. Traid to get him to explain EXACTLY what went wrong with it, after about 10 minutes of rambling I kinda got the idea they didn't have the foggiest

oh well at least I can pick it up later, then off down some green lanes looking for that damn easter bunny
 '06 D3 HSE

Post #5329413th Apr 2006 2:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >