Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D4)

Secondary Turbo Whistle 2010 3.0tdv6 - HELP
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Ben781

United Kingdom 
Secondary Turbo Whistle 2010 3.0tdv6 - HELP

Hello all, new to the world of forums so please go easy on me.

Also, this is for my RRS 3.0 tdv6, apologies if this isn't allowed but there seems to be more members on this forum so many someone can help as I'm running out of ideas.

Purchased a very nice 2010 tdv6 93k miles FLRSH, more miles than I wanted but after seeing 4 other cars at various millage as we all know you can see one with 50k which looks like its done 300k...

Anyway, I have a very annoying and noticeable turbo whistle/whine kicking in at 2500rpm to the red line so Secondary turbo. I have history of the RH inlet manifold being replaced and then I've had the LH inlet manifold replaced a few weeks ago but still have the whistle!

After spending £216 (3hours labour) for my local indy to tell me there is nothing wrong I'm pulling my hair out. The car runs faultlessly but as far as I can tell is lacking on the top end (post 2500rpm) however after previously owning a tdv8 and before this the 4.0 v8 m3 I may be expecting a little too much form my tdv6...

After searching high and low for answers on forums and the internet I can't find anyone with the same problem. I'm handy with the spanners having replaced a inlet manifold on my 2008 tdv8 and I can't see anything screaming at me as being the cause.

I have a warranty but my local indy won't put in a claim for me as they can't diagnose the problem.

Has anyone had this issue before? Is it the turbo on its way out so body off or is there anything else to look for? It's driving me insane!

Thanks, Ben.

Post #190871631st Jan 2018 12:30 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >