Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Seat upgrade
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
StepanT

Czech Republic 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Seat upgrade

I wonder how hard it can be to swap the basic S cloth seats for the HSE electric leather set. I have got the second row 35:65 split. The question is: is the wireloom to support the electric seats already installed? If not, is there anything more then the +12V feed needed? I hope all the airbags are the same, using the same loom and plugs.

And how about the mount points for the second row standalone seats and their heating (the second row cloth seats are heated).
I would appreciate any hints and comments Very Happy
 D3 LE James Cook, 2,7 TDV6 auto  
Post #70259012th Oct 2010 11:42 am
tanters

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

HI Stepan

I've replaced my front seats to HSE ones and luckily the loom matched up so I had power to them etc. No heated seat function as I can't find the connector for the hevac unit Rolling Eyes ... may not be there so may involve some trickery. What hevac unit have you... you will need to upgrade that if you want the heated seat function.

Many of the earlier model D3's had more extensive looms so not sure how your 2008 will match up.

You'll certainly have the basic airbag, seatbelt tensioner/ bong thingy I'd presume so 12v is what you'll need. Its possible.

Maybe if you can take a photo of the wires going into the loom connector, we can figure out what you have and go from there Thumbs Up

No clue on the second row as I've a commercial Wink
 A happy childhood ... is the worst possible preparation for life.  
Post #70259612th Oct 2010 11:53 am
StepanT

Here are the connectors. Does it help?

Post #70262212th Oct 2010 1:07 pm
tanters

Have a look here at a similar query a while back. If you undo the bolt on that connector you'll see what your existing seat is set-up for - probably just the airbag and tensioner as mentioned before.

It does look form your pic that you do have what you need. regarding power, on mine one of the seats plugged in and power was there no problem, on the other I had the remove a relay fuse and bridge it to get it working.

I'm not 100% but I dont think its possible to get the memory module to work ..... willing to be corrected on that of course.
Post #70265912th Oct 2010 2:27 pm
StepanT

Thanks very much for the link. I just could not find it. I do not care much for the memory to work Smile
Thumbs Up
Post #70266912th Oct 2010 2:37 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

I started with a vehicle that was not even an S spec one, but had 7 cloth seats.

I fitted full blown HSE Heated ones which plugged right in. The front Drivers one had the memory module already fitted and the rears the heater contol unit. There was no connector on my main loom for the rears and no switches on the rear of the centre console.

The passenger one worked fine but the drivers one would only move a bit at a time in response to any control input. Not really a big problem as once its set for you, you don't regulary adjust it anyway.

I lived with it like this for 6 months before taking on my infamous upgrade project which involved changing the main loom to a HSE one.
During this i also changed the Hevac to one with heated seat controls and the centre console to one with switches for the rear seats.

After this all seats were connected and the electrics and heated functions now work as if it were OEM fit.

Post #70278612th Oct 2010 7:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
D4JWW

South Africa 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

I fitted range rover sport hse 2010 from left hand drive to my 2008 gs, See my gallery for full story, driver side fine passenger seat needs new wire loom to work, no memory or heating, good to study wire digram from LR site. I have no experience or ptraining and did.

Post #70282812th Oct 2010 8:46 pm
Gav00353

Ireland 

Hi Stepan I fitted d4 electric seats to my d3 and had to change around the +12v and gnd supply in the connector but all else was the same. I expect that was because they were d4 seats. When I done this I noted the colours for the connectors in the seat plug, hope this will help.

Blue = safety belt switch
orange = Safety belt pretensioner
Crimson = seat rail sensor (I think this may only be on the drivers seat) could be wrong?
Yellow = seat airbag
Green = seat occupancy switch (only on passenger side) there should! allways be someone in the drivers seat in the event of an accident.

these were my findings I'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong.
again mine is a commercial so no rear seat info.

Gav.

Post #70289613th Oct 2010 12:24 am
StepanT

Hi guys. Your comments sound very optimistic Smile . Is there any problem with the arm supports with regards to change from RHD to LHD ie. swapping the sides?
How about the second row seat mount poinbts? I guess I will need some extra ones whenb changing from 35:65 to 35:30:35?
Post #70298813th Oct 2010 10:53 am
tanters

Put them in with the armrests in the middle Wink but if you're putting RHD seats into a LHD car then you'll have to take the position sensor off the RHD drivers seat and position it on the LHD drivers seat - the sensor 'tells' the car comp how close the driver is to the steering wheel so in case of an activation the airbag wont take your head off if you're too close.

I've LHD seats in my RHD Rolling Eyes
Post #70299713th Oct 2010 11:38 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >