DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Seat again ,
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
BarryG

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3
Seat again ,

Guys ,

Those with cloth seats , and baggy seat covers that are covered under TSB LA501-031

"A customer may report a conern that the cloth cover of one of both of the front seats has
become baggy and creased across the center portion towards the back of the seat cushion"

Is this the same problem as what I could only describe as a "sinking seat" , Like as if the
springs are gone. I had the pleaseure of being driven home the other night in my own
Disco (I was wasted Thumbs Up ) ) and I noticed that the pasanger seat was a lot
better (more support) .

Any one else with this problem , as I recall something about it on this site before.
is there a another TSB for this .

Post #1750966th Jul 2007 4:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ronp

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Barry, i had this problem on my drivers leather seat.
[think there's a couple of pics in my gallery].
I raised this with LR dealer and when it was in for service, they sorted it.
need to take some 'after' pics and post.
 I was a normal heterosexual chap, but in these new woke awakenings I now identify as a Wardrobe.  
Post #1750976th Jul 2007 4:35 pm
BarryG

Same as that Ron (your pics) except in poor man's cloth and not flash git leather. Whistle
Its going in on Tuedsay for a service so hope they will fix it.

Post #1751016th Jul 2007 4:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
al cope

England 

I would describe "sinking seat" as the other seat problem, whereby the seat hieght adjuster mechanism wont hold its position. I've had both these fixed on my S model. New seat mechanics, and new seat cushions (both drivers and passengers), as the seat foam/fabric is a different shape, with more side support. You can tell they are different, as the "fixed" ones have a diagonal set of stitching in both side bolsters, which the originals didnt have.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #1751026th Jul 2007 4:44 pm
BarryG

Thanks Alan.

Do you know if there is a TSB on this (other seat problem) ?

Post #1751056th Jul 2007 4:49 pm
ronp

Barry, hope this helps!

Land Rover GTR Technical Service Bulletin No.LA501-031 issued on 02 October 2006 refers.

Quote:
A customer may report a concern that the cloth cover of one or both of the front seats has become baggy and creased across the center portion towards the back of the seat cushion.
Cause: The seat cushion cover is secured to the cushion foam by two rows of securing rings on the first and second panels, but in order to accommodate the seat heater mat, none are installed at the rear of the cushion, which can lead to the above complaint. A revised cushion design incorporating a different seat heater mat (where installed) allows the cover to be secured to the cushion in the critical area.
Action: Should a customer express concern regarding the above, refer to the Service Procedure detailed in this bulletin to renew both front seat cushion covers.
 I was a normal heterosexual chap, but in these new woke awakenings I now identify as a Wardrobe.  
Post #1751146th Jul 2007 5:02 pm
al cope

England 

Barry

yes there is. I believe there are 3 seat TSB's, one for the mechanism, one for the baggy fabric/refits clips, and one for the new seat foams& fabric.

Dont know what they are though, I think it was TFC who got the numbers for me.

Alan
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #1751926th Jul 2007 9:05 pm
DiscoStu

England 

Had my fabric covers replaced (well, I'm half way through it, but that's another story) and the reason for changing was just the wrinkled up covers.

Have to say the seat felt more comfortable (more padded) afterwards though.
 Disco 5 HSE Lux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peyiqaJrmMU 

Post #1752026th Jul 2007 9:26 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

ronp,
My leather went the same way. Dealer said they would fix as there is a TSB. But after removing seats relised the replacement covers were cloth. Wrong TSB they won't ix the leather. How did you get them to fix yours, is there a different TSB?
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #1752607th Jul 2007 1:48 am
ronp

CaverD3
I just called at the dealer, got hold of the service manager and took him out to have a look.
I also complained that I was now suffering from lower back pain because of this.
And in comparison with the passenger seat, it shouldn't go like that over the relatively short time.
He agreed and sorted it when D3 was in for service, but they did have it for two days.
Post #1752727th Jul 2007 9:08 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

I'm not aware of any TSB's applying to leather seats in a similar way to the cloth base problem Confused
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #1752737th Jul 2007 9:28 am
Wex

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Good work ..... noticed this on mine but didn't think it was an " issue".

I'll be printing the TSB above

Post #1753657th Jul 2007 11:06 pm
Wex

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Barry , if poss can you post a pic of your seat so I can compare.I realise Ronp's is leather but would like a cloth comparison.Cloth on my motor is beige (Alapaca?)

Post #1753667th Jul 2007 11:09 pm
BarryG

Discowex wrote:
Barry , if poss can you post a pic of your seat so I can compare.I realise Ronp's is leather but would like a cloth comparison.Cloth on my motor is beige (Alapaca?)

Will do .. Thumbs Up pop me a Pm with your email address I have the TSB as a pdf (Slimer gave it to me before Thumbs Up ) ) and I'll forward.

Post #1754138th Jul 2007 12:21 pm
buzz

England 

dicowex

there are a couple of saggy seat photos in my gallery

buzz
 Gone.......but not forgotten

06 Zermatt 7 seat auto with PDC and privacy

Club £400 V.E.D. 

Post #1754278th Jul 2007 2:10 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to: