Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D4)

SATNAV TMC Icon
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
xyplex

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
SATNAV TMC Icon

Currently I have Disco 4 MY13 and a long story short the dealer upgraded the map on the Sat Nav. The problem is that Traffic TMC icon has stopped working. When TMC receives traffic ahead the TMC icon changes colour and I use to press the TMC icon on the screen and the screen would display details of the traffic ahead. After the upgrade of the maps when I press the TMC icon nothing happens.
The car is with the dealers and they have given me a brand new MY16 to drive around in and the TMC icon works fine from the map screen when I press it on the screen, traffic information is displayed.
The dealer says that they have another car with similar VIN numbers to mine in the workshop and the TMC does nothing also and they said that theirs nothing wrong and the way to get traffic information is to go into the main NAV menu and press the large TMC image and then press the soft key "Traffic ahead" to get the traffic information, this is very long winded and I told the dealer that even the owners manual says that the TMC icon on the map screen can be pressed to get traffic information.

I wanted to ask anyone and especially anyone who has a MY13 Disco 4 if they can test on their car the TMC button and see if it works for them from the MAP screen.

Post #169108711th Aug 2016 6:46 pm
Dudleydisco

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XXV LE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

I've just checked mine for you and it's the same. The TMC icon on the map screen does nothing apart from change colour depending on the traffic. I agree with you that it would be really useful if it did take you to the traffic screen, as it is a long winded process going there manually.

If you do get a fix for it, it would be good to know Thumbs Up
 D4 MY14 XXV - RLD/IID BT
D4 MY13 HSE Lux - RLD/IID BT
P38 RR - Sad parting
110 - Even sadder parting
S3 88" - Still going strong after 23 years of ownership Smile

Post #169124112th Aug 2016 11:52 am
Peakwayfarer

England 

Probably doesn't help a lot but on my 2013 Freelander the icon just changed colour, but on a my16 disco 4 is changes colour and links to the information.
I recall putting that as a main criticism of the Freelander sat nav on a Land Rover survey about the car

Post #169126512th Aug 2016 12:50 pm
Brian_DL13

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

In my MY14 it changes colour but you have to press it to get anything else. But TBH I find TMC of very little use anyway. It's often incorrect.

Post #169127712th Aug 2016 1:35 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

This is interesting. I have a 2013 D4. If I press the TMC icon on the map screen, nothing happens and it never has happened. I have always had to go to the menu, press MORE, then press TMC, then select Events Ahead. Like you say, so long winded to be more of a distraction than use.

However, I also have a 2014 Jag F Type, with the same nav system. If I press the TMC icon on the map screen, it short cuts straight through to the TMC events ahead. Much more useful.

So there must be a different version of the firmware for the system?

Post #169130512th Aug 2016 2:41 pm
Dudleydisco

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XXV LE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

The plot thickens then Gareth!?! Wasn't it around the MY14 D4 time that they introduced the InControl Apps? So it's probably fair to assume that they were tinkering with the firmware around that time.

What would be really useful to know is whether our MY13 firmware can be updated to the same sort of level as you have in your F Type.
 D4 MY14 XXV - RLD/IID BT
D4 MY13 HSE Lux - RLD/IID BT
P38 RR - Sad parting
110 - Even sadder parting
S3 88" - Still going strong after 23 years of ownership Smile

Post #169131012th Aug 2016 2:52 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >