Dave
D3 2006 HSE, Cairns Blue - gone
D4 2016 SE, White

Wessex 4x4 Response
http://www.wessex4x4response.org.uk/ 

Post #149027820th Jun 2015 12:34 pm
djtriple9

United States 2007 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Tech Auto Zermatt SilverLR3

To get a cable like this in the states I got an smb to coax, and the got a coax to RCA converter. This is BNC coax, but you can do RG6 as well. I preferred the BNC because the cable's much thinner and bendable.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YBI71YA

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LHIBYB8

But a question about using the RR Mod on the SatNav, will the DVD/TV port work as is when activated? Or does it require the LR module?
 DJ Triple9

"God is a DJ, Life is a dancefloor. Love is the rhythm. you are the music." - Some Hippy DJ

Land Rover LR3
Jaguar XF Port folio with the XFR-S Mods
Triumph Daytona 650 Tornado Red
Tesla Model S P85 - They only car I've never wanted to mod...Just hack Smile 

Post #162350311th Mar 2016 1:58 am
Alfa Rover

Canada 
sat nav screen

Hello Guys, i new to the forum, i am very impressed with the level of technical knowledge here. i have been checking it out as a guest and joined in, in hopes of getting some help. first a confession, i own a range rover sport 2006 hse. yah i know wrong forum this is a disco forum.
i have been studying this thread about fitting a back up camera to the stock navigation screen. from what i understand you buy a back up camera, power the camera using the reverse light as the trigger switch. then connect the RCA fitting from the camera to the adapter cable, rca to smd, fakra without the color shield.
then that will go to one of three ports on the back of the nav screen. which one. tan on the very left as viewed from the rear, brown in the middle or green on the very right. then after entering the menu to enable one of the ports, tan or brown or green you can view the camera. so my question is which port do i use to plug into and i guess that is the port i need enable. so when you go to regular screen sat nav map on display and shift into reverse the back up camera signal will overtake the sat nav map signal as long as your in reverse. then when you move to park or drive the sat nav signal will then appear on the display screen.
am i understanding this correctly. sorry for not using the question mark key in this post but for some reason it is not working for me tonight. i would like to thank everyone in advance for their help with this matter. Cheers Neil.

Post #174661610th Dec 2016 9:49 am
wyrover

United States 2007 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverLR3

I know with my 07' HSE running in RR mode the reverse camera is automatic when I select reverse. It goes off when I select drive and the screen returns to whatever it was displaying before.

Post #174679010th Dec 2016 5:47 pm
Alfa Rover

Canada 

Thanks for the quick reply wyrover. can you please confirm the hook up for me. camera power switched by the reverse - back up light. camera video feed to a rca to fakra style connector. which port please. left middle or right one. to the back of the sat nav display. go into settings sat nav display and enable the correct port. sorry for all the questions just unsure about it the hook up. thanks for all the help. Cheers Neil.

Post #174689510th Dec 2016 9:42 pm
wyrover

Hookup is as you described. Not sure of which port it is. I'll have to pull the display to look as I have a portable DVD player input connected to one of the inputs as well. I enabled the display using my IIDTool. Not sure if going through the secret menu will do it.

Post #174717211th Dec 2016 3:04 pm
Alfa Rover

Canada 

Hello wyrover, thanks a lot for the information, and thanks for checking your set up. i would like to try hooking it up and see what happens. i am hoping that the secret menu can get the job done. i think a scan diagnostic tool is a good investment and am going to invest in one in the near future. there are so many on the market specific to land rovers, do you have any recommendations. i am guessing your id tool is like a dealer style tool, could you share the make and model number with me please. thank you for all your help Cheers Neil.

Post #174722811th Dec 2016 5:08 pm
wyrover

Alfa Rover,
This is the tool I have. I purchased the bluetooth model. Search online to find out who offers the best price since it changes.
http://www.gap-diagnostic.com/products/iidtool/

Post #174746812th Dec 2016 3:08 am
Alfa Rover

Canada 

Hello wyrover, thanks for the info. the id tool in bt format looks awesome. a little pricey but i am guessing it will pay for it self after just 3 uses. i dug around on the forum on some threads and the info is the tan plug on the back of the sat nav screen. thanks agian for all your help. Cheers Neil.

Post #174746912th Dec 2016 3:24 am
wyrover

Alfa Rover like I mentioned Google the Gap IIDTool and you can find it for less on other sites. I've used it to change settings and even program a spare key. It's definitely worth having one.

Post #174747012th Dec 2016 3:59 am
Dunc101

United Kingdom 

wyrover - I know this is an old thread, but the info is very valid for me now seeing as Ive got an 07 RRS (sorry - I know this is a Disco forum! 😂) and am looking at enabling optional upgrades - like reverse cam and companion / venture cam. I’ve already got the Navtv upgrade to enable the tv button so I can mirror my phone screen and at least use google maps or similar instead of the god awful standard nav, so to enable venture cam (companion? - ie to enable a camera icon in the 4x4 screen?) and reverse camera, would it just be a case of enable the options via GAP IIDTool, and then connect the cameras directly to the relevant fakra connectors on the back of the screen? Thanks!

Post #198343214th Sep 2018 3:02 pm
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

For reversing camera you either need to

a) Do the Range Rover mod (cut a yellow wire inside the display) and enable reverse cam with IID
or
b) Fit a GVIF unit

Did wonder about the venture cam input myself. I was just going to hard wire it to a camera under the passenger mirror

Post #198346414th Sep 2018 5:45 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 9 of 9 <123456789
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >