Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > FS: Wheels and Tyres

[Sold] As new (40 miles) 255-50-R20 Pirelli Scorpion Verde
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
LiftedDisco

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4
[For Sale] As new (40 miles) 255-50-R20 Pirelli Scorpion Verde

So, I suppose the first question is why you would ever look to sell a 'new' tyre - I'm hoping that this may be of interest to someone on here but you may also like the back story...

I had a call yesterday to say 'the tyre went bang' and, as is the way with such things, the car only had a can of gloop and no spare or space-saver.

Somehow, Niki had managed to go over a steel gate pin or similar that had punched into the tread and then out through the side wall - certainly not something that would ever be sorted with a can of sticky stuff!

This is on a Jag F-Pace, fitted with 255-50-R20 so Jaguar Assist took her to the local tyre place - it turns out that this size and make of tyre are 'to special order only' and not available off the shelf. The tyre place did get a tyre in, but I then had a call to say "It's a different pattern..."

At this point, four hours later, she was less than delighted and it was a case of 'just fit it' and at least she was mobile again...

Speaking to our local tyre chap, it turns out that there are 'special' tyres for Jaguar fitment and that we run the risk of Jaguar reneging on any future warranty claim if we don't have fully compliant and matching tyres fitted... apparently it's something they have seen before!

It would seem that the tyre fitted is actually a Discovery spec tyre, hence thinking it might be of interest to anyone on here...

It's done about 40 miles, literally to get her home and I'll be getting it changed later today or on Monday.

We paid £210 to include fitting - how about £150?

Collection would be from Towcester or I'd be happy with forum relay etc
 D4 Commercial - 65 Plate, 2016MY

D5 Commercial - Handed back when I left that job…
D4 Commercial (2014MY) - gone
D4 Commercial SDV6 - Baltic Blue (also gone)
D1 300TDi... 2" lift, HD bumpers (both), detachable tow hitch, 9,500lb winch, 235/85/16 muds and plenty of other toys (gone to make way for the next toy...)

Smiles per Mile - Tornado Motorsports caged Evo 3... 100" Defender look-alike, with Range Rover running gear - all fully IVA'd and registered! 

Post #223009514th May 2021 11:49 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >