Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > FS: Parts & Accessories

[Sold] Discovery 3 G4 expedition roof rack
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Emmet McKnight

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
[For Sale] Discovery 3 G4 expedition roof rack

Genuine Landrover Discovery G4 Expedition roof rack, these cost over £1200 new.

Just been completely dismantled, etch primed and repainted with Cobra truck bed liner (same as Raptor) using a HVLP gun before being reassembled using new A2 stainless steel fixings. Landrover didn’t feel the need to etch prime these when they were made and after a while the paint starts to come away from the bare aluminium below.

The plastic front cowl and other plastic parts are a bit faded as to be expected, I’ve cleaned them with a rubber and plastic restorer.

There’s a couple of small marks from painting and moving about after reassembly but they are really just that and you couldn’t even photo them.

The two rear plastic corner trims have had a small repair on the underside see photos but it’s hard to see, they are not a great design and if your not careful handling the rack when fitting or removing and drop it on the ground that’s when they get broken.

I will send a printed copy of the original Landrover fitting instructions along with all the mounting hardware, please see photos of fitting instructions and note that there are 2 small spacers missing, 1 small plastic pin and one small pointed screw that is used solely for marking a trim before drilling for fitting. The two original spacers were left on the guys car I got the rack off which unfortunately I can’t get, I’ll send two similar spacers which can be modified to suit as per the fitting instructions, the 2 small plastic pins aren’t really necessary, I also don’t have the tie down rings, these are available to buy on eBay or any marine supplies.

I can post this rack within the UK for £50 using Parcel Force 48hr large but please read the following carefully, I have to remove the front section of the rack, 8 bolts, two top and two bottom on either side, one of the bolts on the bottom is hidden behind the small plastic cover so the cover will have to be pop riveted back on (I’ll send 4 rivets, you’ll need a pop rivet gun) once you put the rack back together and fit the bolts. This is the only economical way to post the rack and it’s entirely up to you the buyer to reassemble, if you are capable of mounting the rack to your car then I’d say your capable of refitting the front section. I’ll send you photos and instructions when it’s disassembled.

Alternatively I’m more than happy to parcel up the rack as is and have you arrange your own courier collection but that’s at your risk.

£650 ono

Post #20512916th May 2019 11:31 pm
jaqoda

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Hi there, I am considering this.

Do you know the rough dimensions and weight so I can get a courier estimate for the full rack without breaking it down?

Post #20517439th May 2019 10:25 am
Emmet McKnight

Hi, it’s under 30kg, it’s 230cm long by 120cm wide by 25cm high, I’d allow a bit for packaging, I have ideal packaging here that I got from work, it’s 25mm dense foam corner protection which I will tape on all edges before pallet wrapping the lot.

I did look for courier options myself but couldn’t come up with any that would take it as is. I’m in N.Ireland BT47 6YD.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Regards,

Emmet

Post #20519679th May 2019 10:36 pm
Emmet McKnight

Bump

Post #205324214th May 2019 11:32 pm
jaqoda

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

PM'd

Post #205328815th May 2019 8:29 am