Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > FS: Parts & Accessories

[Sold] D4 Right/offside rear light
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
dlgis

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4
[For Sale] D4 Right/offside rear light

Rear light for Disco 4. Excellent apart from one hard to spot crack as shown in pics with a blue arrow. No hole or missing plastic. All fitting lugs intact. £65 collected (near Cranbrook, Kent) or + £10 for posting.

D4 GS 12MY 

Last edited by dlgis on 15th May 2020 7:18 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #214609914th May 2020 7:50 pm
Attodisco3

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Dibs, I’m in Sevenoaks so can collect if possible. Do I need anything for these to fit a 2006 disco 3?

Post #214631615th May 2020 1:47 pm
dlgis

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Hi, i believe you need to add a resistor to fit to a d3. Not difficult and much covered on the forum ( see below). Collection is fine. You do realise it’s just the right hand side rear light, not a pair? Let me know if still interested.
Darryl

Fitting the Lamps
The D4 rear LED lights are direct replacements for the D3 units, however to ensure correct operation of the dashboard turn warning lights please read on...
Fitting Resistors
Resistors are needed on each of the indicator circuits to provide a dummy "load" and ensures that the green indicator warning lamps/arrows in the instrument cluster flash at the correct speed.
Without resistors fitted, the much lower power consumption of the LED indicator units in the D4 rear lights causes the D3 body controller to believe the indicator lamps have blown and flashes the indicators on the dash at double speed as a warning to the driver.
Details of the wiring modification are in this thread: http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic43707.html#43707, specifically Slimer's post at http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/post571409.html#571409
The resistors required are two 6Ω (ohm) 25 or 50W (Watt) resistors, available from various sources including eBay, where kits including some with pre-wired resistors and piggyback connectors are available for doing this to various vehicles icon_mrgreen.gif
Some details of placement and mounting of the resistors is available at http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic45407.html
 D4 GS 12MY  
Post #214640715th May 2020 7:16 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >