Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > FS: All Other Items

[For Sale] Celestron Nexstar 5se Telescope
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
therso

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4
[For Sale] Celestron Nexstar 5se Telescope

An unwanted gift for my darling SWMBO who suddenly decided to retire from looking for alien spacecraft. In fact a very expensive unwanted gift that is still in it's original packaging. I've only opened the box to check that all was there and not damaged.

Plenty for sale on the net but this is brand-new and unused. Borrowed details are as follows:

Featuring high-quality Schmidt-Cassegrain optics, the NexStar 5 SE is an ideal telescope for observing and photographing the wonders of space. With a total weight of 28 lbs including the tripod, the ultra portable 5 SE features a precision optical system with 1,250 mm focal length (f/10) standard with our premium StarBright XLT coatings and offers 56% more light gathering power than a 4" model.
The 5 SE includes a camera control feature that allows you to remotely take a series of timed exposures using your digital SLR camera. Plus the tripod featuring a built-in wedge helps make short-exposure astrophotography a heavenly experience.
The NexStar 5 SE has all the same features as Celestron’s most advanced computerized GoTo telescopes, including our revolutionary SkyAlign™ alignment technology, a sky tour feature, a database of nearly 40,000 celestial objects and easy to use hand control.
Plug the optional CN-16 GPS Accessory into NexStar’s auxiliary port and download data from orbiting GPS satellites for truly quick and easy alignments. The universe may be full of mysteries, but using the NexStar 5 SE isn’t one of them.
In the tradition of Celestron's famous orange optical tubes, the new NexStar SE Family combines the classic heritage of the original orange tube telescopes with state-of-the-art features including a fully computerized operating system, flash upgradeable hand control, our superior StarBright XLT coatings, our revolutionary SkyAlign™ telescope alignment software and much more.
Whether you are a seasoned astronomer looking for a portable scope with advanced features, or just starting your astronomy adventure and looking for an easy way to enjoy the night sky, a NexStar SE will help you take a closer look.

I have tried to copy pics but had no luck for which I apologise. I think £495 (No offers) is a bit of a bargain. Buyer would have to collect from Mansfield area.

Post #193996126th Apr 2018 5:15 pm
NJSS

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Is it the one with a mini-USB port on the bottom of hand controller or does it have an RS232 port there?

I am interested, but could not collect from Mansfield area - could this be sorted ?

NJSS

Edited to add - SWMBO has said "No" - I was thinking of this as a present for her !

Good luck with the sale - a seriously good bit of kit, at an excellent price.
 Am I Gammon or Woke ? - I neither know nor care.

2016 Discovery 4 Landmark
2011 Mercedes Benz SL350 (R230)
1973 MG B GT V8 - 3.9L John Eales engine, 5 speed R380 gearbox, since 1975.
1959 MGA roadster - 1.9L Peter Burgess Engine - 5 speed gearbox
Past LRs - Multiple FFRs, Discos & a Series I - some petrol, some diesel,
none Electric or H2 fuel cell - yet.
There are 10 types of people in this world: Those who understand binary, and those who don’t. 

Post #193997026th Apr 2018 6:01 pm
therso

PM'd you

Post #194000326th Apr 2018 8:05 pm
therso

Now seen the edited bit. Crying or Very sad By the way, it was the RS232 port.

Post #194001326th Apr 2018 8:42 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >