Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > For Sale & Wanted [Archive]

[Sold] 2006 D3 SE - Silver 2.7
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
matsquatch

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4
[For Sale] 2006 D3 SE - Silver 2.7

Sigh - the time has come to put the family favourite up for sale. Having started my journey here in 2013, and getting the car in early 2014, I need something a bit more economical for the miles I'll be doing with work, and much as I'd love to leave it on the drive, the missus would kill me! I've loved (nearly) every minute of owning a D3, and will be genuinely gutted to see this one go, but time moves on etc etc - hopefully it's an au revoir, rather than a goodbye!

Anyway, enough of my mithering.

What we have here is a silver, 2.7 TDV6, 56 plate SE model, with 160003 (as of today) miles on it.
Its MOT'd upto 15th April 2019, and has a FSH, for the first paet of it's life at LR dealers, then at Green Oval in Leeds while I have owned it. There were a couple of advisories, slight corrosion on front o/s & n/s brake pipes, and slight play in a couple of ball joints, but that was it.

It also has fitted a Prospeed roof rack (a mk1 I think) with the fixed mesh floor. I also have the ladders, but they're not fitted as a) the powder coat has started to lift and b) I could never get on with the fitment, but they will be included in the sale for the new owner to decide.

Also a spare set of SE 18" wheels with Continental winter tyres on. Current SE wheels have Pirelli ATRs on, with between 455mm and 555mm on according to the last MOT report. Both sets included in the sale.

The car itself is fitted with the following:

Phone cradle (if anyone still owns whichever Nokia fits within it Laughing )
Fridge
LR fitted towbar (Farnell's Leeds, under the detachable towbar saga scheme)
7 & 13 pin electrics
Full size spare, with Pirelli type, protected by RLD protector
Side steps (though these are starting to show a bit of wear now)
Upgraded silicone hoses (except the really short one, I could never reach that one)
EGRs blanked, though still have the pipes and can include them if you want them
Range Rover rubber mats
Full rubber boot mat & cargo net
Upgraded brakes from the V* both front and back (from AF)
Latest map CD
3 flash, clock on dash, 4x4 info screen/off road nav updates courtesy of Bodsy
Xenon headlights - one of them has a vertical crack, but its not hugely visible, and has never troubled any of the authorities. I'll include a spare pair of Halogen lights in the sale.
Mercedes bottle jack (though I think I have the original scissor one if you're feeling lucky!)
Also a few spares, think there's a fuel filter, and ride height sensors, still boxed

While I've owned the car, I've had the following fixed/improved (much to SWMBO overall annoyance!), all at Green Oval unless otherwasie stated.

New battery and alternator in 2014
Autobox flush in 2014 at Quattro Autocare in York
New intercooler ion early 2015, old one had split
New tailgate latch in 2015 (fitted by me)
New NSF door latch in 2015
Torque coverter rebuilt (gulp) in 2016 (£2.8k!) at Auto Transmissions in Barnsley
Replacement air tank in 2017
4 wheel alignment at Msater Cars Birstall 2017
Replaced compressor in Nov 2017 - warranty until Nov 18
Nearside upper suspension arm - 2018

So overall, it's in decent shape for 3 tonnes of 12 year old car with 160000 on the clock. There's an odd stone chip here and there, and there's (literally) a couple of bits of interior wear, but overall, it's still a lovely place to be. We've just done 750 miles to France and back, and it was a pleasure as always.

If I'm honest, the car would probably suit an enthusiast now, as despite the guys at Green Oval being great, the bills for even just servicing, never mind any wear and tear repairs are becoming a big proprtion of the value of the vehicle, so for someone who doesn't mind (or even enjoys!) doing the basics, this might be a good option.

I hope to sell it on here, the people on this site helped me a lot when I started out with this car, and while I don't post much, I still read a lot, and hope to continue to. If not, well I'll have to chance my arm at ebay, and as a last resort, WBAC or similar, but it's too good a car to end up there.

I need to get it moved on sooner rather than later as the replacement car will be here soon, I'm asking for £6250, including all the extras like the roof rack and wheels, but as ever with these things, am open to offers. Please do get in touch if you've any questions, and hope someone is interested.

Last edited by matsquatch on 6th Jun 2018 1:29 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #19505473rd Jun 2018 11:18 pm
Dmiln19370

United Kingdom 

Very interested in this ! And I’m local Harrogate ...... have belts been done ?

Post #19511716th Jun 2018 9:21 am
matsquatch

Hi, well I bought it in Knaresborough, so maybe it's due a return to North Yorkshire! Yes, the belts were done before I bought it, I've got pretty much all the service invoices so when I'm at home I'll see if the 105k one explicitly states it. Happy for you to come and have a look/test drive (assuming you're insured etc!), just DM me and we can arrange something

Things I forgot from the original ad, there are 3 keys (one nearly brand new, only looks like its been eaten by a dog, but it hasn't and still functions Laughing ) and spare plates, 1 front and 2 rears, 1of of them square and one a rectangle. The dealer I bought it off put his own plates on, then I found the originals tucked up the 6th & 7th seats, and there one for the bike carrier we've got too. Not much, but thought I'd add the info in.

Post #19512216th Jun 2018 1:32 pm
Dmiln19370

United Kingdom 

Cheers I will send you a DM and we will arrange a viewing

Post #19512306th Jun 2018 2:07 pm
matsquatch

Here's the service sheet from the 110000 mile service showing the belts been done.....

Post #19513656th Jun 2018 10:00 pm
matsquatch

Now sold, thanks to Dmiln19370 for a very easy and pleasant sale, hope you enjoy the car as much as I have.

And thanks to the community on here over the years!

Post #195250110th Jun 2018 2:25 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >