DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

12N and 12S CCF settings anyone?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
RATA1

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XXV LE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4
12N and 12S CCF settings anyone?

Hello,
Just finished fitting my genuine 12N and 12S to my 2014 car.

Went to code it up and was presented with several options for the tow electrics with IID.
Think they were/are:

undefined
    7 pin with fog,
    7 pin with reverse
    7 pin with power
    13 pin
    7 pin
    7 pin USA

Figured that, as the reversing light is on the 12S, if I selected that one it would be the OK as the car would think the same as me.... Sadly not. When I tested the fogs, the fogs on trailer came on as well as the car.
Tried all the other options but whichever I used (apart from the USA one as didn't try that one) whenever I plugged the trailer in and tested, it was the same - fogs on both car and trailer.
Interestingly, when I set it to 13 pin the fogs no longer worked on the car or trailer until I changed it back to something else!

Set it back to undefined for now which give the same results as the others except 13 and USA Confused

Question Question So, has anyone got factory fit 12N + 12S on their car and able/willing to share their CCF settings? Question Question

The Tow Assist works fine and I get the bendy line and options to add trailers. As do all the lights. Just don't want the fogs on when towing - which will probably be never in the fog with a large trailer but want it right.

Other than that it all went OK, but I had to take the bumper off as I couldn't feed the cables past the rear radars which made the job a bit longer than I had expected but not difficult. Added bonus of all nice and tidy done that way. Thumbs Up

Thanks
 In today's world, if you contribute something, you don't contribute enough. If you contribute nothing, you receive everything.

2014 Discovery XXV
1961 Series 2 

Post #218837920th Nov 2020 4:46 pm
Kelvo

Australia 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Does your trailer have LED lights? If so that is the reason the car fog lights still come on. You will also find that the rear parking sensors are also still working with the trailer attached. Have a read of this thread https://disco4.com/forum/d4-led-trailer-li...86769.html
 MY14 TDV6  
Post #218847921st Nov 2020 12:48 am
RATA1

Hello.
Thanks for the link - never would have found it!
I will have a look today and check the reversing sensors now I have an assistant at home.
Never thought about LEDs but I did get a message on the screen saying " Is the trailer connected? Yes/no" so maybe they are and it hasn't detected it. Or maybe that is normal.
When I tested the indicators they flashed at the correct rate (but maybe they do) and did get the green trailer icon on the dash so it must see something Smile

I'll feed back.
 In today's world, if you contribute something, you don't contribute enough. If you contribute nothing, you receive everything.

2014 Discovery XXV
1961 Series 2 

Post #218849821st Nov 2020 8:37 am
M3bobby

United Kingdom 

I don’t think that CCF changes whether your fogs on the car come on or not, I think that just tells the car what you want the trailer to do, I.e fog light or reversing light.

The car should know to switch off car reverse light, park sensors, fog light and change suspension settings When you connect the trailer socket. And I think there’s more than 1 CCF edit if I remember correctly.
 012MY RRS 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography (Current)
Mods:
TPMS (Complete but got an issue)
Genuine LR DRLs (Complete)
Remote Boot close from key fob (Complete)
2016 Discovery 4 Mirrors AKA RRS2 (Complete)
2014 L405 Surround Camera retro fit (Now 2016 L319)
2013 RRS Dual View Screen fit (Complete)
2016 LR4 RSE (Complete)
2014 LR4 Homelink (Complete)
2016 FFRR Electrochromatic Wing Mirror Glass (Complete) 

Post #218850321st Nov 2020 9:16 am
RATA1

I would have thought reversing light and fog lights should not be exclusive.
The other settings I did Smile

2014 Discovery XXV
1961 Series 2 

Post #218850621st Nov 2020 9:33 am
Navigator

Location: Stay at Home. One of the lives you save could be your own.

Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

I would have thought reversing light and fog lights should not be exclusive.

Why do you think that? There is one pin available in the connector and some trailers have a fog light wired to it, others a reversing light (and quite possibly a solenoid operated reverse brake release), others an electrical aparatus on the trailer such as a fridge, battery, pump, fan; and yet others nothing at all. Nice to have the flexability to change depending on trailer in use.
 A vaccine does not stop you catching a virus, or passing it on, or getting ill from it, really ill. It does reduce the likelyhood of you dying when really, really ill. Stay Alive - KEEP AWAY FROM PEOPLE.  
Post #218851221st Nov 2020 9:44 am
RATA1

Because the fog is on the 12N and the reverse is on the 12S. So logically if you tell it it has reversing - it should tell the car it has a 12S so must have 12N already.
With the 7 pin sockets you can have trailers/caravans with fog and reverse, just means you need both 12N and 12S. That it what the pin standard says.

2014 Discovery XXV
1961 Series 2 

Post #218852021st Nov 2020 10:00 am
Navigator

Not all trailers have the 12S supplementary wiring. So the one available pin got used for different things on different trailers. The CCF acommodates many of the variants.
 A vaccine does not stop you catching a virus, or passing it on, or getting ill from it, really ill. It does reduce the likelyhood of you dying when really, really ill. Stay Alive - KEEP AWAY FROM PEOPLE.  
Post #218852121st Nov 2020 10:06 am
RATA1

Oh, ok I see.
I just want standard at the car end for both sockets . If the "not my" trailer has modified plugs then at least my end is standard...

I'll check the lights to see if they are LED and have a play today. Might hook it up to my sister's caravan as long as nobody is looking.
Thanks.

2014 Discovery XXV
1961 Series 2 

Post #218852421st Nov 2020 10:18 am
Navigator

Just depends on which "standard" you want. For the cost of a couple of the pints you can't have just now you can get a tester from e-Bay that will test trailer lights and tow vehicle lights, in both 7-pin (12S) and the 13-pin variation. If nothing else, the adaptors between 13 and 7 are handly for towing other trailers.
Post #218854021st Nov 2020 11:21 am
RATA1

Might have to. Standard as in pin out on the plugs Smile
Anyway, my concern it the settings I set did not extinguish the car's for lights and I just checked and the trailer has bulbs not LEDs so that is that theory out.
So would like to park the "standards" for now and figure out why the car fogs don't go out when the trailer is on.
So my additional question is, what happens to yours (collective) when you hook up your trailer in 12N / 12S wiring and switch the fogs on?

2014 Discovery XXV
1961 Series 2 

Post #218855121st Nov 2020 1:00 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >