DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Retro fit heated seats
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
ossrider

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
Retro fit heated seats

Hi all,

A friend of mines 09 Disco3, although badged HSE is an unusual model as it does not have all the bells and whistles normally associated with HSE spec. This I assume is due to the fact it was probably destined for a foreign or overseas market prior to be being sold here in the UK by Motorpoint. This is not a problem as she bought it as seen and for the spec's price rather than the badge price.

It doesn't have front sat nav screen, but has HSE premium leather with memory, carpets etc but no heated seats. My questions are:

1. Are the heated seat elements usually a standard fit in the seats but not necessarily wired in?
2. If the elements are fitted as standard, how about the wiring?
3. How tricky is it to retrofit if nothing is present at all?
4. Any body done it?

Many thanks,

Damian

Post #70418716th Oct 2010 9:11 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bobbycrispbox

Australia 

My guess would be that most, if not all of the wiring will be present, including heating elements. On the seat connector, there are two black inserts, one is movement power, the other is heating power. On mine, the loom was present from seat to door pillar, but I had to do a custom job for door pillar to ATCM. To see if the whole lot is there, take out the ATCM, and count the connectors on the back. I had 2, if your lucky you'll have 3

Your biggest challenge, I think, will be getting a control module with the heated seats buttons. They occasionally come up on eBay quite cheap but cost ~£280 from LR.

Post #70419016th Oct 2010 9:22 am
ELD70

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I can only be of a little help but did ask TFC to fit rear heated seats to my SE and the cost worked for the parts and labour made it not viable. The front seats may be easier on your car as the wiring etc. may be there. TFC will be the man to ask/install it Thumbs Up

Post #70419216th Oct 2010 9:24 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >