Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D4)

Restricted Performance and Engine Systems Warning Lights
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Pedros

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Restricted Performance and Engine Systems Warning Lights

Just thought I'd post my experiences when the restricted performance and red triangle made an unwelcome appearance on my MY10 Disco.

I was driving along on Sunday when this baby popped it's head up. I was nearly at my destination so completed my journey. On the way back, initially all was clear but a few minutes later I was on restricted performance again. Toddled home and left it a few hours. Then took it for a spin and it seemed to have cleared. But the next day (yesterday) I had a journey of a couple of miles to do, when the restricted performance came back and the orange engine systems fault light also came on, so I just parked it up and left it until this morning when I called LR Assistance.

A technician came out within a couple of hours (which was fine as I was at home and it's a 50 mile journey to get here). He discovered a P0235 94 fault. Basically it was the boost censor circuit 'A' compressor shut off valve sticking. Which meant the second turbo wasn't kicking in. On my drive he took the valve off, cleaned and lubricated it, put it back and all is now good again.

I thought it was worth putting on here as the information might be of some use to someone in the same boat and also to praise the service given by Land Rover Assistance, which was excellent.

Post #164640326th Apr 2016 4:57 pm
bigjl

United Kingdom 

I had similar issues with my 2011 XJ.

The end result was a new boost valve and inlet manifold.

I got the money back for the manifold though via Goodwill, the joys of a Full Jag History. Car was well out of warranty.

There is a TDB regarding the inlet manifold cracking and you 2010 is about the right age.

Post #167252025th Jun 2016 12:45 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >