Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Rear solenoid valves
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Connor1275

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 3
Rear solenoid valves

Hello, just joined the Land Rover family and have already had my belly full of suspention issue. Started of with dropping over night then progressed to dropping onto the bump stops while driving which can make the journey exciting. There seems to be no pattern to the dropping while driving and I've looked through so much on this forum and my educated guess is it could be anything Big Cry

started of with a intermitten amber suspension warning light and I noticed that the rear right wheeel had dropped of the scale on the 4x4 information screen. Quick look at the sensor revealed someone had broken the height sensor and tried to repair it with a cable tie. Replaced the height sensor and everything was hunky dory. Few day later same light and same wheel dropped of the scale so still a intermittent issues, check all the connections i have come across and all we clean and dry so guessing there's maybe a break in the loom?

Next I read that the desiccant filer and break down and cause issues with the various solenoid valves. Replaced the desiccated filter and the AMK compressor looks brand new. Next I moved onto the rear solenoid block, started with rear as seems to go down first and the front then levels to it. Bought the o ring kit for the valve blocks to recondition them. Opened them up and they were pretty clean but the o rings had series of flats on them as you would expect after 10 years. I thought I could measure the resistance of each solenoid and measured the first one and got a reading of 2ohms which I found out was the correct value. Tried to measure the other two and got no reading so I thought great hear is an issue. Got a reconditioned one today got it home and measured the exact same as the one I removed from my car. So my question is am I expecting to measure 2 ohms across all three solenoids?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Best regards
Connor

Post #19209891st Mar 2018 11:09 pm
Globetrotter448

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

If you have the plugs disconnected, the solenoids should have a very similar reading unless they are 'commoned' within the unit

Post #19210432nd Mar 2018 8:23 am
Connor1275

Thanks for getting back in touch Thumbs Up I’ve tried putting the meter across all possible pin configurations still no joy. With now having a spare valve block I decided to be a bodger and just stuck 12v on each pair of pins. The solenoid that I was measuring 2ohms from was the only solenoid that functioned, Which wasn’t to surprising. Heading back to Land Rover armed with a meter to check how a brand new block preforms.

Post #19210692nd Mar 2018 9:57 am
200TDi

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

the three valves are not common and the pins in the valve block plug are -

right corner pins 1 & 2
Left corner pins 3 and 6
cross link pins 4 & 5

hope that helps sort it Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
 Pete

1965 S2a with Galv Marslands Chassis - Sold (BIG mistake)
1993 200TDi GS Green 5 Seat Manual - Broken
1993 200TDi GS Grey 7 Seat manual - Sold To Defender Owner to Use Engine
1999 TD5 GS Blenheim Silver 5 Seat Manual - Broken
1999 TD5 GS Oxford Blue 7 Seat Auto - Sold
1999 TD5 ES Epsom Green 6 Seat Auto - Sold
2007 D3 2.7 TDV6 XS Java Black 7 Seat Auto

1999 Swift Classic Coronette
2019 BMW X1 AWD Auto - SWMBO's Car

IID Tool BT 

Post #19210862nd Mar 2018 10:29 am
Connor1275

Thank you Pete, you were spot on Thumbs Up The position of that rear valve block is ridiculous but a few swears and threatening it with burning gear it gave in and is now back in one peace for the time being. It’s book into our local 4x4 centre next week to try and diagnose this intermittent fault with the rear right height sensor, hopefully they can shed some light on it.

Thanks again for your help!

Connor

Post #19212622nd Mar 2018 3:25 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >