Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Rear side marker lights fitted
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
chesters

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Arctic FrostDiscovery 3
Rear side marker lights fitted

I must be bored as I have fitted some extra lighting for the winter, just an excuse really.

[/img]

Camera makes it look orange but its red.
 Arctic Frost Discovery 3 TDV6 SE, Active Rear Diff, Adaptive Head Lights, Tow Pack, Ebony Leather, Roof Rails, Mantec Guard. Tasmod Stainless Sill plates. Grabber AT's. Home made mud flaps. Side Steps back on until the next time.  
Post #21884928th Oct 2007 9:48 am
zebadee

Ireland 

Nice one Thumbs Up

Any plans to do the Front ??

Post #21885228th Oct 2007 10:15 am
chesters

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

I am a bit concerned about the front as I don't want anyone to think I have my indicators on being orange.
 Arctic Frost Discovery 3 TDV6 SE, Active Rear Diff, Adaptive Head Lights, Tow Pack, Ebony Leather, Roof Rails, Mantec Guard. Tasmod Stainless Sill plates. Grabber AT's. Home made mud flaps. Side Steps back on until the next time.  
Post #21885328th Oct 2007 10:23 am
BLFarrar

Location: Deepest, Dankest, Darkest, Dingiest......Le Halifax, West Yorkshire...with strong links to Ireland

France 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3
......was stopped by Plods

The original series 2 (before the two pocket headlamp & revised rear rear lights) had front markers that were lit with side lights.

One night driving through Bradford (one of the dodgier parts at at early hour) was stopped by two plods....they had a good look about the car (it had N. Ireland Plates on...which may have got them thinking where the heck is this guy from / going)....they then quizzed me about the marker lamps saying they were "illegal".

After showing them it was a standard light, listed in the handbook they "let me go"...I later was told (by freinds in the force) one of them was studying for a seargeants exam the two were quizzing each other to "releive shift boredom" - saw me in the Disco 2 - saw the lights etc. etc.

From the side they do look like indicators that are "stuck" - from the front they "look cool" but with the intensity of the Xenons got swamped & cant really be seen.

I am always concerned that if something is modified, you have an accident, the Police or insurance surveyor sees something different it may just invalidate your insurance.
Might turn out to be an expensive alteration.

The cars that go to the States I beleive have these lit (maybe someone from "accross the pond" may advise).
I recall Volvos of some years ago had reflectors at this postion for Europe & lights for the states.
 BREXIT - done properly.
Right now ...We need Government - not Politics
Save the Dipstick Flagbearer-keep it simple, less likely to fail campaign-agenda items:Starting Handles, Acetylene Lamps.
Founder: Dipsticks-R-Us Inc
D3 HSE-perfectly formed, passenger friendly...has real DIPSTICK
Jag XK-but sadly no DIPSTICK...HUGE design fault
FL2 has DIPSTICK..."real comfort in rear seats"
VW Golf wondermobile (?)..has real DIPSTICK
Morris Minor..original DIPSTICK technology..and a real KEY. 

Post #21890328th Oct 2007 3:42 pm
zebadee

Ireland 
Re: ......was stopped by Plods

BLFarrar wrote:
.......................The cars that go to the States I beleive have these lit (maybe someone from "accross the pond" may advise).....

Yeah I've seen them over there & often thought it looked rather cool 8)

BLFarrar wrote:
.....I recall Volvos of some years ago had reflectors at this postion for Europe & lights for the states.

I had a new shape S40 a year or two ago (don't ask) & it did indeed have side markers front & rear 8)

But I do hear what you are saying about the front markers could be confused for indicators.

Post #21908729th Oct 2007 10:21 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >