DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Rear Seat Entertainment Pack on D3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Disco Dude

Australia 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3
Rear Seat Entertainment Pack on D3

Hi everyone

We have just received our Disco in Australia and we went with the Rear Seat Entertainment Pack.

We are a little bit frustrated because it only plays through the headsets and not through the car speakers. We would welcome any advice here - Landrover Australia and the dealer do not have manuals - and the cars that have come over apparently didn't have manuals with them for this package.

Our frustration with this is our kids are little and can't wear headsets for long periods of time. We live in country Queensland so we do a lot of long km's/miles so the DVD is the only thing that keeps them happy and the drives bearable.

We have rung Landrover UK and they won't help us because they say "We are Australian and must deal with Landrover Australia" - AAARRRGGGHHH!!!! Banging Head

Is there a special protocol that we need (you know with a Lexus you have to push the disc button twice to hear the DVD through the speakers, and with Nissans you need to transfer to station 88.5FM in Australia blah blah).

We thought that maybe someone in the UK might have some information that we don't seem to have in Australia??? Please help us!

Post #50629112th Aug 2009 9:12 am
SJR

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

you can get the manual from LR owner information site!

http://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/extfree2viewlrprod/index.jsp

Select D3 and rear seat entertainment Thumbs Up
 I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 - 

Post #50629212th Aug 2009 9:16 am
andym

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

I bought a set of good headphones and some velcro and made a sling to keep them on. Kids pull them off and happily watch without sound in any case !!

Post #50630512th Aug 2009 9:47 am
Disco Dude

SJR wrote:
you can get the manual from LR owner information site!

http://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/extfree2viewlrprod/index.jsp

Select D3 and rear seat entertainment Thumbs Up

We got excited and checked your link - the rear seat entertainment link is not there. The 2008 one that is there keeps saying that it has a "touch screen" in the front - we don't have that? The remote is the same but when it says to go to the touch screen we don't have a touch screen panel at the front. Big Cry

Post #50630612th Aug 2009 9:48 am
Disco Dude

andym wrote:
I bought a set of good headphones and some velcro and made a sling to keep them on. Kids pull them off and happily watch without sound in any case !!

So are you saying you brought the Rear Seat Entertainment package too and it doesn't link to the speakers?

Post #50630812th Aug 2009 9:50 am
Gaza

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Re: Rear Seat Entertainment Pack on D3

Disco Dude wrote:
We are a little bit frustrated because it only plays through the headsets and not through the car speakers. We would welcome any advice here - Landrover Australia and the dealer do not have manuals - and the cars that have come over apparently didn't have manuals with them for this package.

That is a Censored poor response from LR. If I was you I'd try to contact Roger Jory who is GM for LR Australia. Try various combinations of his name @landrover.com; landrover.com.au, etc. With a bit of experimentation you should get a hit.

Post #50636812th Aug 2009 12:00 pm
blueanchorinn
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3

Is it not like the 2006 version as on mine you use the remote button with a picture of a loud speaker which lets you toggle between headphones and car and then select aux on the radio head unit and make sure that the aux socket in the back of the centre console has the plastic plug inserted ( sometimes need to wiggle the plug ) hope it helps
 Pot Noodle Challenge Winner 2011
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person 

Post #50645312th Aug 2009 3:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Disco Dude

The ending to the story....

Well it seems that you cannot listen to the you beaut Rear Entertainment System which costs $4,000 AUD approx through the car speaker system - only through the headsets. The headsets aren't even wireless! Lets get real folks - how many times are you going to open the door and the headsets are going to fall out of the car because they are still connected to the door - trust me - all the time! It was also suggested that we get two male ended plugs and run through the door and console - again - how long before you realise that they are connected to the door and open the door and rip something out of the door?

You can have it played back through the speakers though if you purchase the additional $4,000 AUD Sat Nav/Bluetooth system.

Our dealer has offered to hardwire it for us through one of the auxilary points but it means that this takes one auxilary point out of the rear seat area.

We have noticed that in the new Discovery 4 promotional literature it states "playback through both the speaker and headsets".

Thanks Gaza for Roger Jry's details. I actually got an email through to him and on his out of office reply he listed his mobile phone number if you need to get in further contact! LOL!! Brett Drier is the product manager for Discovery3's in Australia and he ended up sorting it out! Thumbs Up

Post #51947913th Sep 2009 8:01 pm
SJR

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3
Re: The ending to the story....

Disco Dude wrote:

Our dealer has offered to hardwire it for us through one of the auxilary points but it means that this takes one auxilary point out of the rear seat area.

If they put a switch in you could choose which source came down the Aux line, either Aux (mp3 etc) or the entertainment signal, very basic thing to do and would mean you do not lose functionality Thumbs Up
 I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 - 

Post #51950913th Sep 2009 8:52 pm
kerb climber

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

On my car when I switch the DVD on the sound automatically comes out of the main speakers even with headsets plugged in. I have to select CD or a radio band to switch the speakers off DVD. Still no further forward on finding out if the screens transmit an infra-red signal so I can buy some RRS infra-red cans. Very Happy Rimini Red

Post #51954413th Sep 2009 9:37 pm
Disco Dude

Unnecessary quote removed

Thanks SJR for the tip - I have put that to the dealer. Let's see what they come up with! Hey Kerb Climber - what model do you have - Discovery 3 - plated May 2009? Interesting to see if that is the same model?

Post #51956913th Sep 2009 10:13 pm
kerb climber

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

Mine is an HSE, was put on the road on September 17th '08 and according to its VIN is an 09 model year. Could it have been next to yours on the line? By the time they took yours to the docks, loaded it on the boat and sailed it down to the other end of the world (avoiding pirates on the way), who knows. Laughing Very Happy Rimini Red

Post #51958713th Sep 2009 10:37 pm
Gaza

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Re: The ending to the story....

Disco Dude wrote:

That is what I have had to do with my aftermarket Rosen Headrest DVD system. There is a short flying lead that I connect to the Aux input at the rear of the centre console. The only other time I use that connector for my iPod.

Post #51974214th Sep 2009 1:06 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >