Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Rear fogs and dash light not working - failed MOT
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
paulmeryan

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Rear fogs and dash light not working - failed MOT

This may sound idiotic to many of you, but posting it in case it saves anyone having to pay garage labour to fix what might be a simple issue.

It's been said many times on here that the D3 is very sensitive to the bulbs used in the rear light cluster.

Monday mine failed its MOT as the rear fog light dash lamp wasn't lighting up. I found fuse 32 in the passenger fuse box had blown and blew instantly when I put a replacement in. BTW what was LR thinking when it put that fuse box in and those so-called spare fuses are nothing of the sort. They're only there to shred your hands attempting to get them out and drop them into the trim never to be seen again.

Anyway. I'd inanely used a stop/tail bulb in one of my rear fogs. This is a double filament P21/5 bulb, when the rear fog needs to be a P21W single filament. I guess the stop/tail I used was drawing too much current. Thankfully it only blew the fuse and didn't throw up more confusing gremlins.

Daft as it may seem, this is what I did. So just check your bulbs if your rear fogs aren't working. Glad it wasn't anything more difficult to trace and that I'm just a bit naive in some matters.
 VR6 > 330D Touring > D3 HSE > !?XC90?!  
Post #205301514th May 2019 9:51 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >