Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Radio Upgrades
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Mick9

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Radio Upgrades

Hi have a 56 Plate HSE with 6 cd unit this has now failed can i buy an upgraded radio ie DAB or am i stuck with fm any offers or sugestions please

Post #56526115th Dec 2009 9:00 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
hids4u

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

i have a unit for sale - 6cd that i bought to replace a US spec one - that i turned out not to need as the dealer finally just reprogrammed mine
Happy to let you have it for cost - 150 plus pp

Post #57055427th Dec 2009 3:11 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Hids4u, the Radio, whilst programmable in respect of operating system, is not country specific, ie it contains no configuration settings itself, so if you had swapped it out, you would have seen no difference anyway.

The Country configuration for the audio system, which controls frequency step and range is contained in the Car Configuration File (CCF) in the instrument pack. Thumbs Up

Mick9, whats wrong with your 6CD unit?

Post #57059627th Dec 2009 7:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
hids4u

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

Thanks for that. lucky escape all round then as the stealer wanted to charge a fortune to fit it!
BTW whats the best price you can do me one of those sexy toys of yours (faultmate)
I have a 2009.5 D3 and 2006 RRS so would like it to work on both. I also change my cars more often than my pants these days so would need to change the VIN in the very near future Very Happy
which reminds me - on the Sport i have adaptive bixenons and had to buy a UK set to pass MOT (my cars being LHD) and the UK set have the cornering lights - can these easily be activated?

All the best
ian

Post #57059927th Dec 2009 8:15 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Hiya Ian

First let me welcome you to the board.

I know you are fairly new round here, and have as i once did, run into the commercial rules a bit. Whistle Whistle Whistle

I hope you also find your feet and maybe even decide to go for a couple of months commercial posting license to enable you to tell us all about what you can offer. Drop Martin a PM for the rate card Thumbs Up

As you note our kit is indeed quite sexy.

In single vehicle Kit for D3 its RRP is about 800 Euro, an additional vehicle such as the RRS would come in at like 450, with VIN changes costing about 50 Euro each time, i can give you more accurate prices in teh new year when our offices are open again.

Re Cornering Lamps.
If you have the bulbs fitted, its really only a case of 2 wires from a connector in the cabin plus a couple of earths to the head lamps. And of course enabling that in the CCF

I am about to add this to my own D3 in the next day or two.

Post #57063527th Dec 2009 9:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >