Page 2 of 4 <1234>
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Look at all these countries pointing their political fingers Dave Whistle

Quote:
In the last 24 hours:

The Netherlands has banned flights with passengers from the UK until 1 January

Denmark has suspended all flights from Britain for 48 hours as of Monday morning

Norway has also stopped planes from the UK two days

Belgium has banned flights and rail travel from the UK for 24 hours with more clarity expected on Tuesday

Italy has banned air passengers from Britain until 6 January and also anyone who has transited through the UK in the previous 14 days. Residents of Italy will still be able to depart Britain to return home.

Austria has banned flights from the UK but the duration of the measure is not clear

Germany is banning flights from the UK for an unspecified duration

Spain will cut flights if there is no joint EU response to the threat posed by the new virus strain

Portugal says only Portuguese people and residents of the country can arrive from the UK. Everyone must show proof of a negative COVID test, which can be accessed at airports

Bulgaria is suspending flights from the UK until 31 January

Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia have agreed to ban flights from the UK until 31 January

France will bar entry for 48 hours (from Sunday night) to those coming from the UK (and accompanied freight) by road, air, sea or rail

Sweden is preparing to ban entry from the UK but the details are not yet clear

Turkey is suspending flights from the UK, Denmark and the Netherlands, with the last two countries among those where the new strain has also been found

Hong Kong has banned all flights from the UK, and also announced that people who had recently made the journey will need to quarantine for an extra seven days - taking the total isolation time to 21 days

Canada is banning flights from the UK for 72 hours

Saudi Arabia has suspended all international flights for travellers for a week

Israel has banned entry to all non-Israelis flying from the UK, including those who transited through the UK. Israelis arriving from the UK will have to be isolated in a designated hotel for two weeks

El Salvador has banned travellers who have been in the UK within the previous 30 days, including transit

Ireland has banned flights and ferries from the UK for 48 hours

The Czech Republic says arrivals who have spent at least 24 hours in UK territory will need to isolate

Colombia, Morocco, Chile, Finland, and Argentina have also banned travellers from the UK
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #219527721st Dec 2020 11:07 am
bigdave
Site Sponsor 

England 

Flights i understand - we should have done it back in March.

Cargo, freight etc totally different and an act of commercial sabotage by the French IMO.

Dont worry they will get theirs when we flood France with cheap food and fish!!!

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
 All things shipping, storage, transport. UK and worldwide.

E-mail info@md-couriers.co.uk 

Post #219527821st Dec 2020 11:12 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Navigator

Location: Stay at Home. One of the lives you save could be your own.

Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Let's just keep the cheap food and fish and eat it ourselves, and make up Red Cross parcels for the foreign drivers stuck in the south-east of england. Is that not where the new strain is thickest . . ?
 A vaccine does not stop you catching a virus, or passing it on, or getting ill from it, really ill. It does reduce the likelyhood of you dying when really, really ill. Stay Alive - KEEP AWAY FROM PEOPLE.  
Post #219528221st Dec 2020 11:25 am
M3DPO

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

bigdave wrote:
Flights i understand - we should have done it back in March.

Cargo, freight etc totally different and an act of commercial sabotage by the French IMO.

Dont worry they will get theirs when we flood France with cheap food and fish!!!

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

And where will this cheap food come from after a predicted 40% of British farmers have gone bankrupt if we leave without a deal, which looks highly likely?
 It can when others can't,
It will when others won't,
It goes where others don't. 

Post #219528521st Dec 2020 11:38 am
Trailered Movements

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

Confusing flights full of people who the majority really do not need to travel, and freight, says it all really.

Dave
 2011 Discovery 4 Commercial SDV6 (Gone)
2010 RRS TDV8 (Gone)
1980 OBLIC 4.0ltr Range Rover (went a long time ago) 

Post #219529721st Dec 2020 12:46 pm
Navigator

Location: Stay at Home. One of the lives you save could be your own.

Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

And where will this cheap food come from after a predicted 40% of British farmers have gone bankrupt if we leave without a deal, which looks highly likely?

My hope is that the produce of British farmers will be eaten by British citizens in place of the foreign equivalents that have in past years filled all the shelves.
 A vaccine does not stop you catching a virus, or passing it on, or getting ill from it, really ill. It does reduce the likelyhood of you dying when really, really ill. Stay Alive - KEEP AWAY FROM PEOPLE.  
Post #219530221st Dec 2020 1:12 pm
nigethecat

Ukraine 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Is it just me or does an announcement like the one below from Sainsburys only serve to increase the general publics desire to panic buy ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55393076

Very irresponsible in my opinion, there was no need for it and none of the other big supermarkets have made a similar announcement....
 I want to see the sweets before I get into your windowless van... I'm not stupid!

Corris Grey D4 Commercial SE 2016
Zermatt Sliver 2007 D3 SE manual (gone)
Indus Silver D4 HSE 2015 (gone)
Bonatti Grey D3 HSE 2006 (gone)
White D3 S (LHD) 2007 (gone)
Firenze Red D4 HSE 2014 (gone)
Black RRS 3.6TDV8 2008 (gone)
Rusty Green Defender 110 1997 (gone)
Black FL2 HSE 2013 (gone) 

Post #219530321st Dec 2020 1:14 pm
NJSS

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Quote:
My hope is that the produce of British farmers will be eaten by British citizens in place of the foreign equivalents that have in past years filled all the shelves.
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

I would also add that we need to make it easier for British retailers to sell British game, and for customers to buy British game.

NJSS
 Am I Gammon or Woke ? - I neither know nor care.

2016 Discovery 4 Landmark
2011 Mercedes Benz SL350 (R230)
1973 MG B GT V8 - 3.9L John Eales engine, 5 speed R380 gearbox, since 1975.
1959 MGA roadster - 1.9L Peter Burgess Engine - 5 speed gearbox
Past LRs - Multiple FFRs, Discos & a Series I - some petrol, some diesel,
none Electric or H2 fuel cell - yet.
There are 10 types of people in this world: Those who understand binary, and those who don’t. 

Post #219530421st Dec 2020 1:16 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

nigethecat wrote:
Is it just me or does an announcement like the one below from Sainsburys only serve to increase the general publics desire to panic buy ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55393076

Very irresponsible in my opinion, there was no need for it and none of the other big supermarkets have made a similar announcement....

My thoughts exactly.

The supermarkets should be limiting numbers of certain items being bought not putting out stories about how close to starving everyone is. Sure, they're in the business of selling stuff, but we saw last time how they let people bulk buy and then they started saying "oh, it's terrible that people are buying all of the loo rolls". If they won't do it voluntarily, the Government should require them to do it.
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #219530521st Dec 2020 1:23 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

Navigator wrote:

Yes, but they're set up to sell produce out of the country to places where there is demand and thus price. If all of the UK-produced lamb, for example, is only sold in the UK then the price will likely collapse, especially if the supermarkets decide that they have the farmers over a barrel - which they will have, of course.
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #219530721st Dec 2020 1:25 pm
al cope

England 

For years I have been saying that there is too much stuff on supermaket shelves - do we really need 10 differenet brands of strawbeery jam, etc, etc. You might say this ammount of competion helps keep prices down but if we got rid of the oversupply of a lot of stuff surely we wouldn't need to transporting so much stuff around the globe.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #219530821st Dec 2020 1:27 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

NJSS wrote:
Quote:
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

I would also add that we need to make it easier for British retailers to sell British game, and for customers to buy British game.

NJSS

Agreed. Game is excellent meat, lean and it's basically all free range etc. and it's often well priced too.

Sadly, it's out of favour thanks to decades-long drive to make food a factory product.
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8

Post #219530921st Dec 2020 1:29 pm
nigethecat

Ukraine 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

What they haven't made clear is that any shortfalls will only be for fresh fruit, veggies etc, and I'm quite sure that there will be enough sprouts for all this Christmas..

Not sure how the average punter will associate shortfalls of lemons and cauliflower with the presumed need to buy bog roll and pasta... it makes my blood boil as once again it will be those who can't get the the supermarkets (the elderly and ill) who will be the ones to suffer once again...
 I want to see the sweets before I get into your windowless van... I'm not stupid!

Corris Grey D4 Commercial SE 2016
Zermatt Sliver 2007 D3 SE manual (gone)
Indus Silver D4 HSE 2015 (gone)
Bonatti Grey D3 HSE 2006 (gone)
White D3 S (LHD) 2007 (gone)
Firenze Red D4 HSE 2014 (gone)
Black RRS 3.6TDV8 2008 (gone)
Rusty Green Defender 110 1997 (gone)
Black FL2 HSE 2013 (gone) 

Post #219531121st Dec 2020 1:30 pm
leeds

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

Trailered Movements wrote:

Those with no knowledge of the trucking industry should not make comments that are total b******s, and serve only for your constant bashing of anything and everything you don't agree with.

We have a Tory government and will be out of the EU in a few days, the majority wanted both, now get over it!

Dave

The UK LEFT the EU at 11 p.m. GMT on 31 January 2020.

That is FACT and is UK law.

On 31st December the transition period will end. That means that unless the current government either requests an extension to the transition period (could be called stopping the clock) or gets a trade deal with the EU than the UK trades with the EU on WTO terms (NOT bo jo 'Australian style deal')

That would mean TARIFFS on goods and increased border controls, which will result in delays and increased costs for the consumer.

10 days and counting??

Brendan

Post #219532121st Dec 2020 4:30 pm
Washwipe

England 

Trailered Movements wrote:
Many eastern european trucks arrive in the UK with little or nothing in their trailers, then wait for an export load.

The vast majority of the drivers are not paid for the days 'doing nothing'.

The cost of running trucks in these countries is maybe 10% of those which UK trucks have to pay, and don't be fooled by them all having newish trucks, they don't pay anything like what we do here.

To some, spending Christmas in their trucks is accepted to have a fairly 'home' decent wage.

Those with no knowledge of the trucking industry should not make comments that are total b******s, and serve only for your constant bashing of anything and everything you don't agree with.

We have a Tory government and will be out of the EU in a few days, the majority wanted both, now get over it!

Dave

Many of the EU trucks cannot get a load out of the UK, hence them picking up loads in the north to bring south, we import far more than we export, their aim is to get as close to Dover to pick up loads back from France, Holland and Belgium. Very high percentage of non UK vehicles in the Dover parking queue will be empty.

Post #219536421st Dec 2020 7:23 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >