DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Purchase of new Disco 3?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Merlin off to the woods

England 
Purchase of new Disco 3?

Hi all

I got your link from what car readers reviews, grim reading for the most part it was but as I own an old P38 Ranger and a swb series IIa it will take more than exaggerated tales of unreliability to put me off! Wink
I have flitted around your forum and have been impressed by the level of knowledge here. So as a virgin poster I would be grateful for any advice with regard to how to obtain the best price on a new Disco 3 TD V6 HSE?
I have been looking at a nov 06 demo (dealer) for a fiver under 40k with 4k on the clock is this any good? I saw some links which I will follow on the forum that appear to be none dealer and have the model in question priced at £36k any thoughts and or experience of these guys?

Lastly is there a model change date, as I have seen a MY model number and another that escapes me what should I be looking for here?

Thanking you all in advice for your replies.

Cheers and gone
 DARREL

Series IIa SWD Diesel P38 Range Rover DT TDV6 HSE SooooN

WWW.MERLINFARM.CO.UK
Holiday Cottages near the Sea in Cornwall 

Post #14917817th Apr 2007 10:11 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Hi and welcome. You sound like an enthusiast of the brand, I also have a 2a, and could not wait to chop my D2 for the D3 as soon as it came out. Mine is one of the first, and I still smile each time I drive it.

They are not perfect models of indestructible perfection!, they do have their faults and issues. But they do have the right DNA and the heritage is very much there. As a classic LR owner you will relate to that I'm sure.

As for a good deal? I don't know because I paid top dolla for mine when it was new. Now the market is different and deals can be done. Good luck Wink

Post #14918017th Apr 2007 10:22 pm
Merlin off to the woods

England 

Hi Gareth

Thanks for the reply, glad you’re a friendly bunch and I will take comfort that if it I do find one at the right price and it goes Pete Tong I can always rely on support here!

cheers
 DARREL

WWW.MERLINFARM.CO.UK

Post #14918917th Apr 2007 10:49 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Hi Merlin and welcome to disco3 Very Happy

If your looking for a late '06 model then you'll be very pleased to learn that the vast majority of niggles you may have read about were ironed out by time that age of vehicle was produced...and any that are left are very minor ones.

Can't help you much with prices I'm afraid but do your homework and you'll soon join those afflicted by 'Permagrin' Very Happy
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #14920817th Apr 2007 11:26 pm
DaveT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Darrel,
I'm on my second D3, and after 4500 miles in the new one, I can report NO faults at all. Its an 06 model, bought in 2007. The 07 model ran from about last summer through til about now. The 08 model starts production on 30 April I believe.

Each successive model year appears to be slightly better than the last, though detailed specifications do vary!
Don't worry too much about older models though, as most of the changes are software related, and will be updated as necessary each time the car is serviced.

Both Cornish dealerships seem to be very good at customer care. Visit them armed with knowledge of the going rate for the car (check online for new prices / LR used website for used) & then enjoy the negotiation!
Alternatively, contact the site sponsors Lakeland LR to see what they can do

See also the For sale section of this site - believe theres an HSE for sale.

Dave.
 Long succession of Disco's since 2001...
SIII Lightweight - neglected & rusting. Bulkhead, A panels, vent panel & outriggers now disintegrated - Next years project! 

Post #14920917th Apr 2007 11:34 pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Why buy new, when you can have one that turns 12 months old in a weeks time and has had a major chunk of the depreciation off it already? Wink

See here or just PM me.
 Matt  
Post #14921417th Apr 2007 11:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

For a couple of hundred over 40k, I had a MY07 HSE, so 40k for an 06 hse seems a bit steep. As they're still trying to shift the last few MY06's, you should get a better deal than that. IMO.
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #14923118th Apr 2007 7:58 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Doctor Diesel

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

like others have said...its certainly possible to negotiate a NEW 07 MY down to sightly over 40K.....if you wait til the 08 MY, even better deals will, no-doubt, abound

PS my MY07 has now done >5000 miles with NO probs and even NO oil use! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
 2007 HSE Java Black.....sold
2007 B150 Horizon Blue
2008 Toyota Aygo Platinum

--------------------------------------------------
The Master of Suave !

Ding-Dong Matron 

Post #14926018th Apr 2007 9:42 am
Eddiecat

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Hi Merlin,

If it's any help I took mine in mid March - an '07 HSE in Silver and managed to beat them down to £38,975. No part-ex which may have helped things but even so, I was pretty chuffed with that price. Very Happy

Good luck, and as they say, cash talks harder than most other things....

Post #14929618th Apr 2007 11:53 am
Merlin off to the woods

England 

Hi Eddiecat

Where was that from and did you have any extra spec?
Best price so far today £39,650 07 unregistered on the road including a years tax., but will have to collect from the south east.

Cheers Darrel
 DARREL

WWW.MERLINFARM.CO.UK

Post #14934018th Apr 2007 1:15 pm
RPJ

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 Pursuit LE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

These prices flying around here are very good are we talking uk cars, imports.
 Ha Ha This a way!
Ha Ha That a way!
Ha Ha This a way!
My oh My! 

Post #14936018th Apr 2007 2:17 pm
Lakeland Land Rover

United Kingdom 

Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down

wow great prices not sure how or why some dealers can get that low though. Confused

good luck with your purchase Thumbs Up
 Lakeland Land Rover
The Garage,
Torver,
Coniston,
Cumbria,
LA21 8BJ
Tel: 015394 41888 

Post #14937218th Apr 2007 2:32 pm
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Having paid less than £38k for a new 06 HSE a year ago (uk car from main dealer) I wouldn't expect to be paying more than £39-40k. The deal I got is very unlikely to repeated, by my dealer at least Sad . Seems that supply & demand has slightly raised prices, for the HSE anyway. Without any extras I still think an HSE for £40k should be easy to find. Especially if you wait until the end of a dealers quarter (end of June).
BTW, I'm absolutely delighted with mine, just a few very small niggles that were sorted by the dealer with no fuss.

Post #14937318th Apr 2007 2:33 pm
Eddiecat

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Hi again Merlin,

Mine is a UK model - I'd found the best deal I could on-line and went to Stratsone and simply asked if they could match it.
After a week or so I phoned back and they said they couldn't - I said "pity, I'll have to buy on-line if that's the case"
30 minutes later they phoned back as one had been "unloaded only 10 minutes beforehand" and they decided they could match the price after all.
Included 12 months tax but I had to pay extra for a towbar.

Brilliant so far in the 5 weeks I've had it - it's more fun than my last car (S320CDI) and I feel happy to drive more slowly in it, which is relaxing and obviously safer. Easy to throw mountain bikes in the back but a little more thirsty. Driving like a complete wuss I'm getting 27.7 so far Smile

Post #14944118th Apr 2007 5:27 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >