Page 1 of 1
GOLDMAN

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Maya GoldDiscovery 3
pros and cons of rrs against disco

thinking of changing disco to rrs what are your views want to book
the tdv8
 what the hell,who cares anyway
------------------------------------------------
TDV6 SE AUTO SIDESTEPS( MAYA GOLD) REAR TINTS NEW LEXUS GS300 SE-L ADAPTIVE CRUISE
SMART FOUR FOUR
MERCEDES E270 CDI
JAG Xf 2.7 TWIN TURBO DIESAL 

Post #989255th Nov 2006 11:20 am
simon_arch1

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Do it! If money's not an issue (lucky b*****), and you don't need the boot space for luggage or the 7-seats, then it would be THE choice!

And esp with the TDV8!

Go for it!

cheers,

Simon
 D3 - Buckingham Blue, SE, TDV6, 06 model; chipped; underbody armour; Mickey Thompson ATZ 275/65-18 AND MAXXIS Bighorn muddies; rear wheel carrier from 4x4intelligence.com; iPOD aux connection! GME 3200 UHF - aerial mounted on wheel carrier Smile; LR roof rails/cross bars; Autosafe cargo barrier, Safari Snorkel; Traxide - aux battery; ARB bull bar with Tigerz11 winch; Lightforce 240 XGT driving lights (mitchell bros tow hitch to come)  
Post #989285th Nov 2006 12:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JMC

Scotland 

Took a RRS out for a 200mile jaunt whilst my D3 was being serviced.

Pros: Feels more 'posh'.

Cons: Cramped cabin (in comparison). No use for dogs in the back. Higher costs - because Sir can afford it. Doesn't suit walking boots & jacket. More of a girlies car...... Wink

As for the TDV8....... Get the V6 Turbochipped Shocked

Post #989295th Nov 2006 12:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pelyma

England 

IMO the car is fine if you are a couple, but not enough room for a family. I have driven the TDV8 in a FFRR and I would say it is going to be awesome in the Sport, sorry but a chipped car is not going to match the full on TDV8, which I believe has the dynamic handling pack and the uprated brakes. I have driven the SC Sport which was great fun. If the TDV8 gives you that fun with a more livable economy then if will be a hoot. Would I change to one? No, the car just is not big enough, but a FFRR yes!!
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #989405th Nov 2006 2:12 pm
GOLDMAN

just come back from guy salmons quoted me 53120 hse 1st car arriving
in 3weeks 58120 for hst salesman did not know wethear there is a wait list
on car sales manager not in.
TDV6 SE AUTO SIDESTEPS( MAYA GOLD) REAR TINTS NEW LEXUS GS300 SE-L ADAPTIVE CRUISE
SMART FOUR FOUR
MERCEDES E270 CDI

Post #989485th Nov 2006 3:09 pm
GOLDMAN

got call from land rover today expecting 1st week in dec.rrs tdv8 for me to
test drive
SMART FOUR FOUR
MERCEDES E270 CDI

Post #993336th Nov 2006 11:34 pm
nwoods

United States 2005 LR3 4.0 V6 Petrol Base 5 Seat Auto Chawton WhiteLR3

The RRS is a great car, but I like my D3 better. I seriously wanted the RRS, but I could not afford it and "defaulted" to the D3. Now I love it.

If you off road, they are both excellent, and there are many photos on my website (look for articles on Moab) that demonstrate that.

However, the RRS is a car, and the D3 is a SUV. The RRS is much smaller with an impracticle rear end, and very limited space for anyone other than you and a passenger. A friend of mine, who is farily short, actually removed the seat cushion behind the drivers seat so that he could fold down the seats flat for more room.

Post #993657th Nov 2006 2:14 am
Tim in Scotland

Scotland 

If you don't need the space then the TDv8 RRS is the one to go for. If you don't mind damaging a £54000 car offroad then it will be phenomenal with so much torque available from 1200 RPM................. but if you wait a while you will be able to get a TDv8 D3 too Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I had a FFRR TDv8 out on test recently and I would go as far as to say it makes the V8 and S/C FFRR's totally redundant it is that good an engine and performance for a 2.5tonne SUV is best described as indecent! I owned a FFRR TD6 for 2 years before I changed to the Tdv6 RRS and that was a big change for the better, but the TDv8 is so much more better that I think anybody changing from a TD6 to a TDv8 FFRR will get a huge shock and have to be very careful with their driving technique if they treasure their driving license. Two things I was a little disappointed with - the ride has been firmed up so much that now you feel bumps and potholes inside the cabin where-as before the FFRR just smothered them and you felt nothing and also LR do not seem to cured the wind flutter round the A pillar and wingmirror, the new engine is so quiet that this noise is even more noticable than it was before. It is nice to note that the engine and performance are so good that LR have developed a special sensor that can differentiate between a diesel pump nozzle and a petrol pump nozzle and will release as special flap that prevents the owner putting the wrong fuel into the car................... it would be interesting to know how many LR test drivers knackered TDv8 engines by filling them up with petrol during testing that made LR develope this little device!
 Now a disillusioned new Land Rover buyer and have jumped ship to something less expensive and more reliable that hugs trees.... now driving a Mini Countryman PHEV as well as my trusty and brilliant 1996 Epsom Green Defender90 Tdi300  
Post #993847th Nov 2006 8:37 am
swiss tony

GOLDMAN wrote:
just come back from guy salmons quoted me 53120 hse 1st car arriving
in 3weeks 58120 for hst salesman did not know wethear there is a wait list
on car sales manager not in.

if you ordered now and your dealerhad an avialable order slot you will not see it till april

personally after drving the tdv8 i found it had a few flat spots in the sport. not that impressed over a std tdv6. in the range rover is a different matter, feels lovely.

Shocked

Post #994277th Nov 2006 11:08 am
GOLDMAN

test drove the tdv8 ffrr yesterday,fantastic .low end power pheonominal and yes s.t you can feel all the bumps,very very very quite a lot of wind noise
on the moterway.cant wait to test drive tdv8 rrs
SMART FOUR FOUR
MERCEDES E270 CDI

Post #10111212th Nov 2006 12:33 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >