Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Product Enhancement program
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
MARKW

United Kingdom 
Product Enhancement program

Received a letter from my dealer this morning offering to update the software in my D3. At no cost to me!! Seems a bit strange that they are offering a free upgrade or is it a ruse to get me in so they can do other work, without a recall or are they fishing for work?
Anyone else had this letter??
 HONI SOIT QUI MAL Y PENSE

They shall not grow old as those of us left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condem. At the going down of the sun, and in the morning WE WILL REMEMBER THEM 

Post #85352631st Oct 2011 2:40 pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I bet when it goes in they just happen to notice a couple of things that need doing, my daughter took her car in for a free recall and they just happened to notice a lot of jobs which they said needed doing Rolling Eyes
 Cheers Ian
--------------------
Club N.E.R.D.S
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Discoless 

Post #85353431st Oct 2011 3:06 pm
MARKW

United Kingdom 

That was my thoughts, but I have extended warranty so anything major should be covered. In theory!!
Hoping that Nick (TLO) or Duckworths would see this and comment. I wonder if it's just my dealer doing it??

They shall not grow old as those of us left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condem. At the going down of the sun, and in the morning WE WILL REMEMBER THEM 

Post #85353531st Oct 2011 3:08 pm
The Large One

England 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Laughing Laughing what do you reckon Rolling Eyes something for nothing ey... Laughing
 TLO has left the building.......
I no longer work for a Landrover Dealer

My little chilli sauce business http://www.thechillees.co.uk
if you would like to order anything just give me a shout 

Post #85356931st Oct 2011 5:20 pm
MARKW

United Kingdom 

Thanks Nick. Just what I thought. Will give them a call in the week just to see what they tell me. Just to see what rubbish they come up with.
Being serious now, What upgrades to software have there been in the last 12 months? Anything worth doing?

Post #85357531st Oct 2011 5:24 pm
The Large One

England 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

doubt it, you wouldnlt know till connected
it is coming up to winter check time and with LR's and all the groups pushing for VHC's i'm sure it would be a up in the air check to see what needs doing but then that could be good if they find something you have missed Whistle Laughing
 TLO has left the building.......
I no longer work for a Landrover Dealer

My little chilli sauce business http://www.thechillees.co.uk
if you would like to order anything just give me a shout 

Post #85357931st Oct 2011 5:31 pm
ronp

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

I'd give them a call and ask them 'what specific upgrades' did they have in mind?

If they service the vehicle they should know whats done and what's needing done.

Just tell them you don't want them wasting your time [& money Laughing ]
 I was a normal heterosexual chap, but in these new woke awakenings I now identify as a Wardrobe.  
Post #85358131st Oct 2011 5:35 pm
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Curious. I had my 105k service done a few weeks ago and the car is a different beast. The only thing I can put it down to is a software upgrade. Whatever they did it's made me very happy, particularly now that the remap is back on. Very Happy

Post #85358231st Oct 2011 5:38 pm
maplecottage

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Moo wrote:
Curious. I had my 105k service done a few weeks ago and the car is a different beast. The only thing I can put it down to is a software upgrade. Whatever they did it's made me very happy, particularly now that the remap is back on. Very Happy

Done by your local main stealer Question Question

Post #85362031st Oct 2011 7:40 pm
Divlar

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Just to add my two penneth.... I had my car serviced as normal this year in June and there did seem a notable difference in performance after. I have never experienced this before and went thro' the service schedule and apart from fuel filter/ sedimenter replacement was left scratching my head as to what they could have done. Throttle seems more responsive/ pick-up better at low speeds?

Post #8539411st Nov 2011 5:14 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

New air filter works wonders and new oild makes it slippier, so generally always experience a slight pick up in performance after service.
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #8539571st Nov 2011 6:05 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MARKW

United Kingdom 

Called dealer today. Spoke to Darren, who I always deal with. After opening blurb and asking how I was I got straight down to business. Heres how it went

ME Darren, just ringing about this enhancement programme.

Darren Yes....

ME Is there any software upgrades in particular are there or is it a ploy to get me in the door?

Darren What do you think.....

ME OK will give it a miss then but I have a few issues under warranty to discuss with you.

And then we have a discussion about what is and isn't covered and I need to mail him tomorrow and give him the full facts.

So there is someone that speaks the truth at a dealership!!!

Post #8540161st Nov 2011 7:54 pm
Frans@yamorna

South Africa 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Vienna GreenDiscovery 3

For what it is worth Whistle
During June,at the end of my MP,a new turbo was fitted Thumbs Up At the same time new software was loaded.I did not notice any difference in performance until a recent trip that involved a lot of sand driving.At first I did not even bother with the special sand program,as I thought it a bit useless....Rock crawl much better.At some stage I did change to Sand mode,and there was a BIG improvement over the program I was used to Thumbs Up The car is suddenly very responsive and re-act aggressive to throttle inputs Very Happy Very Happy There was a big improvement in the performance on sand.On my return back home,I phoned the dealer and enquired about the software upgrade that thy loaded with the turbo replacement.and his comment was that they constantly receive various upgrades from LR,and mostly doesn't know what they are,they just load them Rolling with laughter This is done with every service and is FOC Whistle
Don't know what they did but my Sand mode is now usefull Thumbs Up .Never been in a D4 on sand but believe they have a much improved Sand mode.
If it is for free as they say,I will concider it!!
Good Luck Thumbs Up
 Big Country RR,NL Split Charge,FR Sump Guard,TP Monitor,BAS map  
Post #8540621st Nov 2011 9:14 pm
dsd1036

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Good ole dealers Rolling with laughter

Late last year mine went in reluctantly to my local stealer(who i don't use for servicing)for the barker booster recall and guess what, whilst in there,"sir we have given your car a free health check and i'm afraid it needs £2800 of work",would you like us to proceed? F Censored ck off came out and naturally i left promptly Rolling with laughter

Post #8540731st Nov 2011 9:25 pm
MARKW

United Kingdom 

Would be interesting to see what work they could come up with. Had it serviced by TFC, 6 weeks ago and an MOT 3 weeks ago. So I think I have most things covered. I do know it needs front brake pads, when I find time to sort it out

Post #8540781st Nov 2011 9:28 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >