Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Power loss fault codes P132-21 & P023-21
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
fbscotland

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Power loss fault codes P132-21 & P023-21

Hopefully a user of this site has had a similar problem to myself and can steer me in the right direction.

The car has done 161K and is over serviced with oil and all filters done every 7500 miles, and normally runs like a dream I am quite a sedate driver and usually get around 30 mpg.

However, when I tow my 7metre caravan and subject the engine to high load demand pulling out to overtake slower moving vehicles on motorway the engine can suddenly lose power, and on getting back to the hard shoulder and switching the ignition off and then restarting vehicle it is fine again, if I'm gentle with the throttle I can keep going and maintain a reasonable speed. The fault will also occur again towing if I need to put my foot down while climbing a steep incline, if I can get the auto box to change down and the engine to rev I get a mass of black smoke from the exhaust.

I have cleaned all MAP sensors and the two further sensors in the air inlet manifold, I have checked and cleaned the throttle flap in the air inlet. The turbo actuator is cycling as it should when the ignition is switched on and off, I am now adding 2 stoke oil to fuel to see if it removes any carbon built up in the turbo, but as yet have done very little mileage for the 2 stoke oil to have an effect.

Have I missed something that causes the loss of power and these fault codes P132B-21 and P023-21

Post #22981352nd Jul 2022 8:15 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >