DISCO3.CO.UK > General

The positive thread
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
randalls

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
The positive thread

see http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3977
This is the positive thread, I bought my D3 about 3 weeks ago, it lives at the end of a rain sodden, potholed track, and has been snowed/hailed on several times.... 2 days ago I went up and down a rock strewn muddy hillside in my D3, I watched other D3's tackle feet of muddy water, deep ruts, the 'bomb crater' and a drop so sheer you cant imagine. No error problems...today I went at 70 MPH in a luxury limo feeling D3
with voice & internal navigation down main & country roads to look at pipes, then returned up a 2 mile potholed farmers track to borrow a petrol water pump and large outlet pipe, which I put in the back of the D3 (after letting down the air suspension) .....then I went to ASDA.......in a luxury 'chelsea tractor' with a water pump in the back.
 Bow downSheep 2007 TDV6 HSE 'Silver Lady'. With 'free' privacy glass LOL.
Taking the greenpi$$ is: Green taxing your citizens more & using some of the money to buy nukes.Bow downSheep 

Post #5302311th Apr 2006 10:56 pm
blue meanie
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

how about a few pictures of the 'permagrin' from the more positive and photogenic members to make this thread really positive? (I'm not volunteering - bust the camera last time! Very Happy )
 and theeeeennn......???  
Post #5303311th Apr 2006 11:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

An excellent thread Randalls

For more positive stuff see also:

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3980&highlight=
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #5303611th Apr 2006 11:11 pm
JMC

Scotland 

I had the pleasure of showing Randalls what the D3 could do last Sunday. Once he had taken his fingernails out of the door handle I got the impression that he was starting to be impressed. 8)

Looks like this thread confirms that idea. I was also suitably impressed as I began to believe that the D3 was doing better than my 300 TDi would have done in the same situation. Shocked

After an extended rinsing on Sunday evening, the car was ready for being an executive mile muncher on Monday.

Well said Steve (Randalls), and I will add my weight to your sentiments. I have had only one glitch so far (2k miles) which was a sticking fuel tank guage - however, that seems to have sorted itself.

Now there's something you don't see every day on the D3 forum...... A report of a D3 which fixes itself without £ expenditure or a visit to a stealer Laughing

Post #5305111th Apr 2006 11:33 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Sturge

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Purchased 30th Dec 05, now done 5200 miles or so. No real probs just been back for the heater patch for the hvac and that's about it.

Did 1200 miles last week with no issues up to the lake district with the caravan and kids and bikes and assorted rubbish. Did a cracking job of making the journey dead easy.

No compaints here - does exactly what I want.

Paul

Post #5305711th Apr 2006 11:39 pm
Mike

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

YES I've had a couple of faults with my brand spanking new D£

YES I'm now driving around in a bloody volvo estate that LR assist gave me

and guess what... I still can't think of another 4x4 OR so called luxury saloon that I would rather own instead of this fantastic vehicle.

I've owned a few expensive cars and 4x4's in my time, but this is the first time in ages that I have been soooo impressed - 10 outta 10 for me..

even with the faults
 '06 D3 HSE
Zambezi with Alpaca, F & R light guards, side steps, privacy glass, MTR's, rear access ladder, roof bars, RAI, walnut trim and a few other little bits and bobs 

Post #5311812th Apr 2006 10:43 am
crasha

United Kingdom 

A thousand miles in and I cannot fault the D3... people ask me what i think of it and I say the engine, auto gearbox and ride impress the most - you could put a garden shed on top of the chassis and it would still be great to drive.

This car makes the current diesel Range Rover feel like old engineering. It makes the ride of most exec saloons seem harsh. Whilst not fast it feels like the hand of God pushing you along with all that torque.

I have had to stop myself just going for a drive ! Very Happy

Andy

Post #5313912th Apr 2006 2:00 pm
Bitwobbly

United Kingdom 

D3SE diesel.
Purchase 4th Jan, 50 miles back for new turbo.
Now 12000 miles up, no faults, happy bunny.
 Disco 3 on order
Delivery Jan 

Post #5314012th Apr 2006 2:03 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >