------------------------------
"Ruby" Rimini Red
Rimini Red 06MY TDV6 S
Xenons, Bright Pack, Climate Pack,
BAS Magic Box and Remap
ITG Air Filter
ERG's Blanked (Woody32)
Huge Permagrin

Suzuki GSX1400, Triumph Daytona 1200, Yamaha RD500LC, Norton 850 Commando, MV Agusta 1090 Brutale, Honda Hornet 900, Honda 600 Tansalp, Matchless 750, AJS 650CSR......plus very understanding wife! 

Post #46699414th May 2009 8:45 am
PaulP

Spain 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

I've got a bottle of Black Hole and it's pretty good stuff.

I hope John doesn't mind me sharing my experience on this product (even though I don't know too much about the technical aspects of this type of stuff) Thumbs Up

Black hole is best used for a 'show car' kind of look. For those days when you have time and want to give some real shine/sparkle to your D3 (once or twice a year in my case)....

It's important to use it on a clean surface - preferably after a light polishing to remove contaminents. It will not hide deep swirl marks, but does seem to fill in lighter ones very well. Or it least it makes them less visible and gives a really deep shiny finish to darker paintwork.

As jkp said, it is important to use something over the top to protect this finish. I use a Poorboys EX sealant because wax just doesn't work for me on a 'working' 4x4.

I think that jkp's estimate of a bottle lasting 50 uses is probably spot on - you need very little and it goes a long way. It also comes off very easily - much easier than most polishes/sealants.

I wouldn't say it is a quick fix as it doesn't actually correct anything, but as a quick 'cover-up' it works very well. Remember that it is a glaze as used by the companys/valeters that prepare show-cars and isn't really neccesary for someone who just washes their car 3 o 4 times a year. As jkp says it fills in light scratches rather than polishing them out as per a cutting polish.

NoDo$h wrote:
Any similar product suitable for Zermatt and Stornoway?

Yep - I think it's called White Diamond or something like this. It's the same thing, but has a white'ish colour and is designed for lighter colours (white, silver etc).

Mike 40 - I think it would be fine on Rimini, but best wait for jkp to confirm Thumbs Up

BTW - as with all Poorboys stuff, Black Hole smells great. And 11 GBP delivered is a fantastic price - around half what I paid 6 months ago Thumbs Up
 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham Blue
2007 Golf GT DSG 

Post #46701014th May 2009 9:24 am
CG

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Jkp - do you have any of this white diamond stuff paul mensioned ?

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant" 

Post #46710014th May 2009 1:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jkp

Scotland 

I'll check stock when I get back tonight. I should have Thumbs Up

Post #46718914th May 2009 4:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jkp

Scotland 

Mike40 wrote:
Would this work on Rimini red??

White diamond is what your after. Thumbs Up Black hole, being a 'black' polish is only suitable for black and dark colours.

All the rest will be White Diamond.

Post #46719114th May 2009 4:48 pm
jkp

Scotland 

Just a quick update on this.

Distributer expects stock today delivery today, then it needs to get to me. With a bank holiday weekend looming only adds to my frustration at getting it to you guys.

thanks for your patience and I'll pm you when it arrives at my door.

for those of you that have orders waiting on this coming in, if you would like the other items sooner and the blackhole to follow on I'm happy to do that. although i know a few have posted that they are okay for delivery next week.

...John

Post #47042321st May 2009 12:46 pm
ronp

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

per pm John,
my order now not required until 1st June earliest.
 I was a normal heterosexual chap, but in these new woke awakenings I now identify as a Wardrobe.  
Post #47042521st May 2009 12:53 pm
CG

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Dito Thumbs Up

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant" 

Post #47043221st May 2009 1:04 pm
jkp

Scotland 

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #47043621st May 2009 1:15 pm
quantumjohn

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

John,

I am happy to wait for the whole order to be delivered together. No point in having the clay bar if I haven't got the Black Hole to use straight after.
Next week some time is fine.

Cheers,
John

Post #47043921st May 2009 1:20 pm
jkp

Scotland 

Thumbs Up

Your box is sitting filled awaiting the BH, then the flying monkeys will be let loose from the back door to bring them down to you.

Okay, I'll walk along to the post office instead then Whistle

Post #47045121st May 2009 1:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >