Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Politics?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
JMC

Scotland 
Politics?

A couple of days ago, I asked my friends eldest daughter (Anna) what she wanted to be when she grows up. Anna is in first year at high school and her answer was that she wanted to be Prime Minister some day. Shocked

Both her parents (who were standing there at the time) are real dyed in the wool Labour supporters, so I continued, "If you were Prime Minister what would be the first thing you would do?"

Anna replied, "I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people." Rolling Eyes

Both parents beamed with pride and her father looked straight at me, his face brimming with a more than a hint of condescension, and said, "Welcome to the Labour Party!"

"Wow...what a worthy goal!" I told Anna. I continued,........ "But you don't have to wait until you're Prime Minister to do that........ You can come over to my house, cut the grass, pull the weeds, sweep my driveway and wash my car and I'll pay you £25...........

Then I'll take you over to the local Tesco where the homeless guy sits and you can give him the £25 yourself to use toward food."

You could see her mind going over the thoughts for a few seconds, then she looked at me with a puzzled expression and asked, "Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work and you can just pay him the £25?"

I smiled and said, "Welcome to the Conservative Party." 8) Laughing Whistle
 The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile
Founder member of Club FFRRV
Club Orange, Mint or Fruit
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #5946071st Feb 2010 10:25 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

Or even better, all the politicians buy the food on expenses and had it over to the homeless guy.

Post #5946081st Feb 2010 10:32 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >