DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

pdc give it up
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
wvlenthe

Netherlands 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
pdc give it up

Hi all,

My front pdc has been giving me problems, beeping all the time while nothing is near.
Since yesterday, the little red light on the pdc-disable-button is flashing all the time. When under 20 kph, a continuous beep is heard for a few seconds. When over 20 kph, the light is just flashing all the time. And neither front nor rear pdc are working any more.

Could this be caused by the car being just a bit dirty? I've wiped off the dirt with a wet cloth this week, so the 'bit' dirty is really just from on-road driving and rain and so... no lumps of mud on it.

Or should I be thinking more in the direction of faulty connectors or even worse?

Regards,

Wiljo
 D3 V8 HSE Auto in Zermatt silver - driveway version gone but not forgotten, only the living room cupboard version remains  
Post #4333955th Mar 2009 5:20 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

i have had similar on my FL2, turned out to be water ingress in to the connector behind the sensor

One had corroded and was replaced, i pressume they sealed the rest of them better at it only does it now after heavy rain and the car been stood still

Maybe try drying each sensor with a hairdryer as mine sort them selves once its dried out

Post #4334005th Mar 2009 5:41 pm
umbertob

United States 

Yep, there's moisture / water inside one of the sensors, causing it to short (one of the rear sensors in my RRS developed the same issue, so it would only start the high pitched tone and flashing PDC light whenever I engaged reverse. After that, neither front nor rear sensors would work.) Sometimes the problem goes away on its own as the water dries out. But if it stays, or it comes back every time it rains, they will have to replace the faulty sensor.
 Umberto B
2006 RRS HSE white / ebony / lux / RSE / PTI / LRD / Sirius. Going, going...
2013 LR4 HSE red / arabica / black pack / 7-seat lux / HD pack / RSE / Vison Assist / Sirius 

Post #4336385th Mar 2009 9:40 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >