Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Pathetic state of the British justice system
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
nigethecat

Ukraine 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4
Pathetic state of the British justice system

Just read this story in Aberdeen where a guy defending his home and elderly parents received a sentence three times longer than the scum bag that had broken in to steal things... where do we go next ?

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/l...th-bb-gun/

Happy to send the link to the petition to those interested...
 I want to see the sweets before I get into your windowless van... I'm not stupid!

Corris Grey D4 Commercial SE 2016
Zermatt Sliver 2007 D3 SE manual (gone)
Indus Silver D4 HSE 2015 (gone)
Bonatti Grey D3 HSE 2006 (gone)
White D3 S (LHD) 2007 (gone)
Firenze Red D4 HSE 2014 (gone)
Black RRS 3.6TDV8 2008 (gone)
Rusty Green Defender 110 1997 (gone)
Black FL2 HSE 2013 (gone) 

Post #224365126th Jul 2021 10:15 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

No context and subscription required ....that's worth a few months in clink by itself Whistle Wink
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #224365626th Jul 2021 10:53 pm
Rescue01

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

I’ve not clicked to subscribe to my local rag so can’t read the whole story. The link below is one I found and suggested the defendant pulled a BB gun on the thief in a public place! That’s just plain stupid.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottis...e-24564685

My thoughts on thieves/burglars and what should be done to them especially if caught in my house can’t be published here. Twisted Evil

I keep my gun cabinet well secured.

If you could post the link to the petition I would be interested to read it. Thumbs Up

Edit. Found the link. Looks like there are different views on what happened. Not like the Evening Express to print a unfactual story,useless p####s.
 Its not the height of the fall but the sudden stop at the bottom that hurts!!  
Post #224367727th Jul 2021 7:16 am
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Quote:
Sheriff Graham Buchanan said: "I can't say I have huge sympathy for the complainer because he seems to have brought this upon himself, but the accused's response to it was completely over the top."

The sheriff said the "really alarming aspect of the whole matter" was that it happened in front of innocent members of the public.

I agree with the Sheriff. Thumbs Up
 2006 D3 HSE (Original & still the best)-GONE
2010 D4 HSE (A bit bling)-GONE
2014 D4 HSE (Almost too bling)-GONE
2015 D4 HSE (A heated what?)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Written Off)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Surely the last!) PD1881 rims-GONE
2017 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography 

Post #224368027th Jul 2021 7:38 am
nigethecat

The other version was that the thief had previously come into the house where the defendant lived and threatened his elderly parents when they tried to stop him walking out with stuff.. sounds like someone that deserves "proper justice" rather than the slap on the wrist that the courts hand out.

As for the guy with the BB gun, one thing to have it in your house, another to go walking down the street looking for someone, irrespective the sentence seems unduly harsh...
 I want to see the sweets before I get into your windowless van... I'm not stupid!

Post #224368227th Jul 2021 7:45 am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

The initial headline looks like the OP is correct - that the system is screwed up. But further information suggests that the guy is getting what he deserved. Yes, the "well known" oik needs to be better dealt with as it is implied he's a serial offender, but threatening to shoot people is always going to get you slapped hard by the courts. Indeed, doing that in some places, will have you face to face with armed police who will be armed with real firearms, not just BB guns.

It's worth pointing out that people have died after being shot with BB guns, although it's usually children. A BB gun at point blank range will certainly do serious damage if fired at the head - blinding an eye, for example, even if not killing someone.

So sympathy is lacking here, I'm afraid.
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #224368427th Jul 2021 7:51 am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

nigethecat wrote:
The other version was that the thief had previously come into the house where the defendant lived and threatened his elderly parents when they tried to stop him walking out with stuff.. sounds like someone that deserves "proper justice" rather than the slap on the wrist that the courts hand out.

As for the guy with the BB gun, one thing to have it in your house, another to go walking down the street looking for someone, irrespective the sentence seems unduly harsh...

If the oik had been into someone's house and threatened them, then getting the police involved would be the right thing to do. If he's doing that sort of thing, then he ought to be put away for a bit. Unfortunately, the sort that is habitual is not going to be prevented from doing it next time he's freed from prison.
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #224368527th Jul 2021 7:56 am
Mikeyb

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Why would anyone have a BB gun?
 Not such a Disco Newbie now!
IID BT 

Post #224368627th Jul 2021 8:07 am
RogB

United Kingdom 

BB Guns are no longer the simple 'toys' of old, they are now largely very accurate copies of actual firearms or realistic guns designed for airsoft.

My son is an airsoft marshall and recently had an incident where a young lad of around 14 was at the site with his dad, and when they started playing the scenario games this young lads weapon didnt sound right so the game was stopped.
as a back story, any personally owned weapons are tested for muzzle velocity before being allowed out the holding compounds, and adjusted if necessary to propel the plastic pellets within allowed velocity tolerances. But people are allowed to bring their own pellets rather than buy them from the site.
It was discovered it was a new airsoft rifle, very realistic replica of an actual weapon, but the young lad and his dad had brought metal pellets from the internet. Essentially this made the legal airsoft (BB) gun a lethal weapon with no modifications required.

the home owner should not have been publicly brandishing an airsoft or BB weapon, no argument there. But think of the James Martin incident when the burglar was shot dead several years ago... defending ones castle is quite literally a minefield.
 2011 D4 XS 305 MY12 - gone but not forgotten  
Post #224369427th Jul 2021 8:30 am
nigethecat

RRSTDV8 wrote:
If the oik had been into someone's house and threatened them, then getting the police involved would be the right thing to do. If he's doing that sort of thing, then he ought to be put away for a bit. Unfortunately, the sort that is habitual is not going to be prevented from doing it next time he's freed from prison.

You've obviously never had dealings with Police Scotland Laughing Not even in a brewery springs to mind from personal experience, chased off three guys who attacked me on my own property, called triple 9 to report it and was told "as they are no longer there its not an ongoing incident so you'll have to go to your local station when they open on Monday to report it"... my response was "well if I find dead body should I wait until the local station opens on Monday to report it as the person is dead (they can't get more dead can they?) the murder has been committed and therefore is no longer ongoing?" Complete waste of money and resources..

Post #224369627th Jul 2021 8:38 am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

Quote:
But think of the James Martin incident when the burglar was shot dead several years ago

That was Tony Martin. James Martin would have stabbed him with a chef's knife... Whistle

From memory, Tony Martin's "mistake" appears to have been shooting the burglar in the back, thus voiding a plea of self defence. If he'd shot him in the front of his body, he could have argued the burglar was coming at him and so he defended himself. Of course, in the heat of the moment such nuances are hardly likely to be at the forefront of one's mind. Confused
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8

Post #224369727th Jul 2021 8:39 am
RogB

United Kingdom 

well i almost got his name right Laughing
Post #224370427th Jul 2021 9:14 am
Rescue01

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

There is a forum member with an avatar that reads something like “if your found here tonight you won’t be found here tomorrow “or dead tomorrow? with a picture of a pistol. Probably a sign that is used by many Americans. I think it sums up how many here feel about scum who break into houses Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
 Its not the height of the fall but the sudden stop at the bottom that hurts!!  
Post #224371327th Jul 2021 10:32 am
RogB

United Kingdom 

i have a joke sign i was given for my birthday that says ''TRESPASSERS WILL BE SHOT, SURVIVORS WILL BE SHOT AGAIN''
but i darent put it up on my gate since it was in the news that someone with the same sign had been approached by the police following calls from worried passers by.
Post #224371427th Jul 2021 10:40 am
Trailered Movements

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

I used to work with an American from 'The Deep South' who had a large ranch.

His kids, all under 10, knew how to use the guns kept at various places around the house.

Anyone who got that close to the house uninvited and didn't declare their presence, was fair game.

The only part of American law I agree with, as there is no excuse for anyone to go on someones elses property without invitation or reason.

Bring back the stocks and local lowlife scum would soon get their just deserts.

Dave
 2011 Discovery 4 Commercial SDV6 (Gone)
2010 RRS TDV8 (Gone)
1980 OBLIC 4.0ltr Range Rover (went a long time ago) 

Post #224371527th Jul 2021 10:40 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >