Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Parking Distance speaker - cheap and effective replacement
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
johnsonca9

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Unknown ColourDiscovery 3
Parking Distance speaker - cheap and effective replacement

I've not posted here, but used this forum multiple times for DIY solutions to big problems, such as the EPB module unjam etc.

Thought it would be nice to share the little things I find as well.

After diagnosing both a sensor that needed replacing, and a parking rear speaker that had broken, I found I could find a pattern replacement for the sensor quite easily, and for cheap, but the speaker was another problem.

Not happy with spending £30 on a replacement (I am a Yorkshireman), I searched on here, and found people replacing the internal speaker within the housing, which is what I was going to do.

That is until I found a Mk7 Ford Fiesta front parking speaker. Same shape design, with the same terminal output. It came on a weird bracket, but I thought if I can remove the internal speaker, it should be a drop in unit. The best part...OEM part found on ebay for only £4.99 delivered. The ford part number is 1 581 548, and it seems they are plentiful and always quite cheap.

Anyway, this unit turned up, and it turned out that it was the exact same as the Disco speaker, just mounted onto this weird bracket. Squeezed one plastic connector to remove just the speaker, and hey presto, perfect and exact replacement. Simply screwed in place and plugged straight in. No rewiring needed, and sorted my parking sensors out. Well happy, and thought I'd share.

Pics below (old speaker installed for sake of showing)

Post #22334671st Jun 2021 11:05 am
Kilovolt

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Nice find Thumbs Up
 "Track day running - Don't put your foot back on the accelerator until your absolutely sure you don't have to take it off again"

Current Ride: D4 XS Commercial Baltic Blue SDV6 fully loaded with heated everything Smile
Track Days: BMW E36 M3 Evolution MY 1996 (3.2 Litre 377 BHP sat in 1,250 Kgs of car, with a pro safety cage and some serious braking power) Smile 

Post #22334691st Jun 2021 11:24 am
EIG

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Tech Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Yes - great find, I'm just after buying one as well £5.99 delivered, whats not to like, thanks for taking the time to share. Thumbs Up
 Jim

D4 SDV6 SE TECH
2008 D3 TDV6 HSE G4 Challenge Vehicle 

Post #225162716th Sep 2021 9:45 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >