Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Webasto Fuel Burning Heater

park heater intermittantly working
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
RogB

United Kingdom 
park heater intermittantly working

had the timed heating enabled on my 2011 XS D4 a few weeks ago by user Cradgebank, all exactly as it should it be and initially working really well

it now only works intermittantly, ive got it configured to come on each weekday morning but when i get in the car, depending on the time, its either running (flashing auto light on climate control etc) or its not.

when its not worked, the outside temperature has been below 5degC, the fuel has been well above the 1/4 tank and i know from Cradgebanks IID tool the battery is relatively new with a good charge (IIRC 12.8v engine off 14.8v engine running) but i still get the ''climate failed to operate - fuel/battery low warning '' pop up.

any ideas anyone ?

cheers

Rog
 2011 D4 XS 305 MY12 - gone but not forgotten  
Post #210039218th Nov 2019 7:58 am
Motolab

Netherlands 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hi,

you stated that your battery gives the "good numbers" "IIRC 12.8v engine off" BUT when was that measured? after a run/drive? or after more than 6 hours not using the car at all?

if you measure the voltage of your battery with a universal voltmeter on a cold morning when the FBH did not start, what voltage do you measure then?

that figure will tell you (and us) more about the real battery condition..

keep us posted!
 Best regards
Harold

Always looking for Pre '55's & Pre war British Motorcycles! knowing or having one for sale? PM please. I visit the UK 6 times a year

Ps. I edit my texts quite often, english is not my native language, so I will edit My “typo’s” etc. Wink 

Post #210042818th Nov 2019 11:58 am
RogB

United Kingdom 

voltage was measured after a 4 mile journey to Cradgebank, stood for 20 minutes or so, then various restarts etc over the course of the morning attempting to configure fairy lights, park heater via the IID tool.
CTEK type charger was plugged in the whole time the bonnet was up.
Post #210043218th Nov 2019 12:14 pm
Motolab

Ok, so maybe these facts “compromise” the actual state of your battery...

Try as said earlyer, to measure the voltage after a cold night, without starting the engine first..
Or on a morning when the parking heater Refused to start, before you start the engine..

That voltage is important...as in the software of the FBH (or maybe in the car software) it is programmed what the limit is...

I do not know what the limit in your car or FBH is, it can differ on different FB heaters...

When we had a company in FBHeaters (not anymore active!) we did programming different limits in these FBH’s for different purposes... when the FBH runs NOT on the starter battery but on a switched separate battery the voltage limit can be lower than when it is purely driven on the starter battery.
 Best regards
Harold

Always looking for Pre '55's & Pre war British Motorcycles! knowing or having one for sale? PM please. I visit the UK 6 times a year

Ps. I edit my texts quite often, english is not my native language, so I will edit My “typo’s” etc. Wink 

Post #210054418th Nov 2019 7:49 pm
RogB

United Kingdom 

worked ok this morning, -2 deg outside Thumbs Up

ill look into getting myself a voltmeter to check the battery under various scenarios Thumbs Up
Post #210063419th Nov 2019 7:33 am
Motolab

Thumbs Up
 Best regards
Harold

Post #210068819th Nov 2019 12:34 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >