Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Where do you park your Disco - Glasgow Multistory Car parks?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Alex08

Scotland 
Where do you park your Disco - Glasgow Multistory Car parks?

Not wanting to knock the radio bit off the roof at my first attempt, which multistory car parks in Glasgow centre have people successfully put a D3. I gather it says 1.97m (access) for the height of mine, but the car park at work claims 2.05m so I am a bit reluctant and need some alternatives. It would be good to know if any of the local (or travelling) members have successfully put the D3 in places like the St Enoch Centre, Buchannan Galleries, Qpark, Braehead MS car park or any of the city centre NCPs. I have seen one in the Sheilds Road park and ride and Glasgow Airport so they are OK.

Post #13856713th Mar 2007 11:15 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

You should be fine at 2.05m - took mine into a French underground c/p signed at 2.03 with no problems locked at access - get someone to spot you in if you're a bit worried Wink

Post #13857113th Mar 2007 11:22 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jkp

Scotland 

Not been in any around Glasgow, but have been in most around Edinburgh. Tightest was at Brittania Quay in Leith. If you get under the board on the way in, then you will be okay. On access height it should not be a problem. Just remember to lock it in access mode, so that it does not raise if you get a bit handy with the right foot 8) Or accidently bump the raise switch. Whistle

Post #13857213th Mar 2007 11:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jkp

Scotland 

Just remembered, the tightest one was Hilton hotel in Bracknell, marked 1.95. Crept in on access mode, no scrapes or crunches, so on I went. Again, plenty room. Whistle

Post #13857513th Mar 2007 11:27 pm
Alex08

Scotland 

Thanks Guys. The thing that worries me about the work one is that the lowest point is on the exit ramp, where (to make the slope less, the ramp starts inside the underground park and the roof finishes about a meter further on). Now I'm sure it is 2.05 from the ground at that point, and if the car was level it would be 1.97 BUT the front wheels will be up the ramp beyond the low part and the back wheels will be on the ground - the mid point of the body is thus a good few cm higher than the minimum height. Very clever car park design - awards all around for the architect! Looks like the D3 might have to live in there permanently if I take it in......... Shocked A spotter will be provided. However, plan B is to find an alternative...... Smile

Post #13858213th Mar 2007 11:33 pm
Doctor Diesel

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

fits into buchanan galleries no problem naked but now I've got the expo rack, I'm feart to try Laughing

stenoch.....wouldn't risk it
 2007 HSE Java Black.....sold
2007 B150 Horizon Blue
2008 Toyota Aygo Platinum

--------------------------------------------------
The Master of Suave !

Ding-Dong Matron 

Post #13862014th Mar 2007 1:25 am
Valleyforge

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3

Beware Leeds - I got my old D2 stuck heightwise there last Friday before Christmas - Reversing back out was ... FUN !

Post #13866414th Mar 2007 10:09 am
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Mine regularly limbos under a 2.00m bar at our local Waitrose when locked in Access Height.
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #13870514th Mar 2007 1:30 pm
CY

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

jkp wrote:
Not been in any around Glasgow, but have been in most around Edinburgh. Tightest was at Brittania Quay in Leith. If you get under the board on the way in, then you will be okay. On access height it should not be a problem. Just remember to lock it in access mode, so that it does not raise if you get a bit handy with the right foot 8) Or accidently bump the raise switch. Whistle

The Ocean Terminal car park - I know it well! D'ya know that won some award for being one of the safest car parks in...somewhere?!
 2007 Porsche Boxster (987) 2.7
2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE G4 Challenge (1 of 68)
2023 Defender 90 D250 X-Dynamic HSE 

Post #13886014th Mar 2007 8:00 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >