Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

P0405 error code egr. AA waranty
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
buda

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3
P0405 error code egr. AA waranty

I'm joining the EGR club at 50 000 miles . Ive got the amber engine light on intermittantly, which goes away after a few starts, and P0405 error message displayed on the FCR, which can be cleared and lasts a couple of days before amber light comes back.

Anyway, my AA prestige extended warranty doesnt cover replacement. (I already seen it wasnt on the list of covered components), but asked them anyway. ....Has anyone got their AA warranty to cover it??

anyhow, how do I know if its the left or right hand side?? error code says EGR sensor "A"

Ive an april 2007 HSE,( chassis 7A4......) so I cant blank it off from what I read so I am very temted to do the job myself (using the wiki's on here Thumbs Up )snce a new egr and gaskets are about 120quid.......... but 300 odd with labor from the stealer.

Post #72954910th Dec 2010 9:06 pm
steve the magpie

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3
hi buda

did both my EGR valves took me a few good hours inc picking tools out of engine bay Rolling Eyes if you know what you are doing its a doable job at home. some of the torx bolts are a Censored Censored to get at, but loads of extenions and different sockets and bits and plenty of tea and greif off swmbo. refit with bolts and bin the old torx bolts dont forget to order new gaskets aswell
 always up to somert usualy no good acording to swmbo  
Post #73003511th Dec 2010 8:34 pm
Gary c

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

When i had problems with the EGR's on my 08 SE, the L/R assist guy showed me how to tell which one was stuck by giving them a "tap" with a hammer and screw driver. you could hear the valve reset its self when he hit it on the defective valve. He then unplugged them so i could drive it to the dealer. Still under L/R warranty so got it fixed by them.They only changed the defective valve so waiting for the other to go.I will blank them off when the warranty expires but i belive its not quite as straight forward on later models

Post #73026312th Dec 2010 12:07 pm
Darryl

England 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 S Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
AA

Buda has your AA waranty covered anything without hassle ?? i have same warranty and seems they try to get out of everything Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Post #73042612th Dec 2010 8:21 pm
buda

Re: AA

Darryl wrote:
Buda has your AA waranty covered anything without hassle ?? i have same warranty and seems they try to get out of everything Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Hi Darryl, I havent claimed anything before on AA warranty yet...........However I knew when I took it out that the EGR valves were not listed in the policy so I cannot complain. Although I thought I read on here somewhere sombody did get the egr valve changed........................??

I took it out mainly to cover the Turbo and a few other things.....

I think its par for the course that no matter what, all warranty companies will try and wriggle out of paying anything even if its covered and its up to us to push them when we can prove thats a component is covered..............and the failure mode is also covered. Its all in the wording of the policy..........and if we are denied then take them to court............

Post #73044312th Dec 2010 8:45 pm
Darryl

England 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 S Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
Warranty

Hi, yea just kept mine to cover main stuff too but nearly cancelled it after a couple of unsuccessfull claims Whistle

Post #73045512th Dec 2010 9:08 pm
D4JWW

South Africa 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Gary c wrote:
When i had problems with the EGR's on my 08 SE, the L/R assist guy showed me how to tell which one was stuck by giving them a "tap" with a hammer and screw driver. you could hear the valve reset its self when he hit it on the defective valve. He then unplugged them so i could drive it to the dealer. Still under L/R warranty so got it fixed by them.They only changed the defective valve so waiting for the other to go.I will blank them off when the warranty expires but i belive its not quite as straight forward on later models

What difference did you get when you unplugged them and drove to dealer? May be worth contacting site sponsor Alive tuning with regards to blancking 07 model. Whistle
 A few mods... and keeping it all running...Faultmate MSV2
MY09EGR's blanked Thanks Bellautos, BAS 

Post #73046512th Dec 2010 9:20 pm
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

The bolts are more difficult to get in and out on an 07MY engine, but still do-able

As for determining which valve, in my experience, you are better replacing both, as if 1 has gone, 9 times out of 10, the other will not be far behind it in failing also Rolling Eyes
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #73052512th Dec 2010 10:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Muddy tech

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Egr valves

Disco_Mikey wrote:
The bolts are more difficult to get in and out on an 07MY engine, but still do-able

As for determining which valve, in my experience, you are better replacing both, as if 1 has gone, 9 times out of 10, the other will not be far behind it in failing also Rolling Eyes
Totally agree with you on egr replacement! Job is not too bad once you get your head round it, deffo replace both valves though as you will only end up replacing the other one sooner rather than later Live everyday as though it were your last!  
Post #73056212th Dec 2010 11:23 pm
Gary c

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Once the L/r assist engineer reset the defective valve by tapping it and unplugged both valves,it drove as normal.The engine management light remained alluminated of course.

Post #73073113th Dec 2010 2:35 pm
buda

Re: P0405 error code egr. AA waranty

Quote:
anyhow, how do I know if its the left or right hand side?? error code says EGR sensor "A"

Thanks for all the replies.............
Okay, Ive just ordered both egr valves but I would still like to know what side it refers to when it says sensor A.....

Post #73090913th Dec 2010 8:52 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >