Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Overspeed alarm issue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

luoto wrote:
Out of interest how do you adjust the speed warning. Manual we got in Finland was hopeless and didn't say much (just mentions a light).

early 2006 se model.

Thanks

Using the Settings Menu via the 'i' button on the left hand column stalk. Can be turned on and off via Message Centre if selected via 'i' button. Press and hold button when 'Overspeed Warning' appears and it will activate / de-activate it.

-s

Post #7914117th Aug 2006 2:19 pm
luoto

Finland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Thanks ! I will give it a try (if you mean message center is where the average fuel is displayed as there is no gps/information screen in the middle.

Post #7914517th Aug 2006 2:23 pm
simon

luoto wrote:
Thanks ! I will give it a try (if you mean message center is where the average fuel is displayed as there is no gps/information screen in the middle.

Yep... Message Centre screen is in the middle of the instrument pack. Right above the steering wheel Wink

Settings Menu will ONLY appear at standstill and disappear as soon as you move off. Press the 'i' button repeatedly until it appears. Use the steering wheel ICE controls for menu cycling and option selection.

Post #7915217th Aug 2006 2:47 pm
luoto

Thanks. Will go and brave the heat (uncommonly warm summer) shortly and give it a try. Cheers.

Post #7916417th Aug 2006 3:18 pm
luoto

Didn't work. Yet your information matched what is in the useless user guide (many things it says are there aren't! plus it has one of the worst indexes I've seen in a long ime).

I've tried it with the key in the ignition without any power. Obviously doesn't work. Went to the stage where it lights up the panel but not the engine started. Doesn't work and obviously with engine running but in neutral to same results.

Pressed the i button on the indicator stem for different lengths of time and it only spools through the things like average speed, range, fuel per 100km and no settings or anything visible Sad

Car has not had the enhancement programme work done yet but there's no fixed I. It was last in the garage in March fixing the bloody roof after their poor clips caused damaged to it.

This is a feature surely for the TDV6 SE ordered late 2005 and delivered Feb 2006. Finland isn't that long ago (it was "custom spec" rather than standard dealer spec.

Asking the original dealer is like asking a politician to be honest. They just don't know. Importer is no better. Needless to say that dealer won't be seeing new business when I change (probably in 08 or 09).

Thanks in advance.

Post #7930418th Aug 2006 5:17 am
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Do you have memory seats?
 The End  
Post #7932318th Aug 2006 9:06 am
simon

mmm sounds like you have the issue I had.... missing Memory Seat Module.

Assuming your spec D3 should have the Settings Menu and you have the Hi Line Message Centre (sounds like you do), steering wheel controls for stereo system then you 'should' have the menu appear.

Mine D3 was built without the above memory module which completes the set so to speak and allows the Settings Menu to work.

-s

Post #7933018th Aug 2006 9:40 am
luoto

Thanks. Sorry if my last message sounded ungrateful as it wasn't intended.

Honest answer is I don't know what the car comes with. LRs Finland agent is very quiet about what the SE comes with but we've not seen any memory seats.

It was a SE updated to be automatic with rear parking radar (and metal paint/tow bar) The dealer did not even say there were 2 standards for the tow bar electrics and we only noticed the first time we needed to tow... and had to find ap lace on a Saturday (most places close lunchtime still) for an adaptor.

Would it help if I take a picture of the dash board? We have paid for a SE and it claims it is on the back Smile This is my wife's car and she loves it to bits but the LR dealer experience here (from the dealer we bought it from) leaves a lot to be desired. But the importer owns the dealer in question and the importer is not very helpful.

Post #7967121st Aug 2006 8:26 am
simon

luoto,

Your posts were fine my friend.

Best thing is to start the D3 up, cycle round the Range, MPG, Trip etc until you see Settings Menu.

If the menu does not appear then you may have an issue somewhere.

You will need to check that the SE spec over there is the same as the UK too. It may not be.

If its an early build D3 (like mine) it may have the Memory Seat Module missing. Took me a fair while to get mine sorted (my D3 is an 'S') but the dealer persisted with LR for me.

-s

Post #7967521st Aug 2006 9:31 am
luoto

Thank you Simon. There is no settings menu when you press the i button to get the average fuel use, range etc displayed on the screen. The only difference the dealer claimed at the time was that the SE sold in Finland has the "cold weather pack" included. But they said that all models had that for obvious reasons.

I think it is time to go and ask another dealer. LR themselves claimed (customer contact centre) when I spoke to them that they don't know what the car should have as against what it does have, which sounded strange.

Thanks

Post #7968521st Aug 2006 9:53 am
simon

mmm the 'S' over here had the cold weather pack at launch - heated seats, washer jets etc.

Again, I think the spec will be different for you but the Settings Menu should be there as you have the hi line Message Centre (standard with Terrain Response). Unless you have coil suspension that is ??

Post #7969121st Aug 2006 10:02 am
luoto

Thanks. It does have the terrain response and air suspension (plus the LR fart noise every so often). I know LR cars are for challenging terrain but I didn't know they used the same attirubte for the dealer network, i.e. a challenging experience.

Smile

Post #7969521st Aug 2006 10:14 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >