Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Ongoing Limp Mode problem update
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Discotres

Scotland 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Ongoing Limp Mode problem update

As mentioned on another thread I have been doomed from the first week of getting my new car with Limp Mode issues, had a new Turbo fitted, next day back into Limp Mode, recovered, back to dealer last week, underwent thorough further test now identified as Map Sensor problem, I am not technical so can't help much more. New Map Sensor to be fitted should have car back later tomorrow, will keep you updated if interested.

Dealer has done all they can, if it goes wrong again I may well just buy another car as trust has gone and that would be the final straw . I Hope I would get a decent PX Sad

Post #5949041st Feb 2010 6:41 pm
pom

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

It does make you wonder whether the dealers are blindly swopping stuff under warranty just to get paid from LR. I guess some dealers just dont have any tech's with much experience which is sad.

Pom

Post #5949121st Feb 2010 6:49 pm
andycouchman

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Mine had the crank sensor replaced (five hours labour - it's a tricky job Shocked ) but has since gone into this mode a few times. Now scheduled to go in for a few days. Problem is, no dash warning messages come on and the computer does not record anything so not sure how a dealer can find the problem if the car won't tell them.
 Andy C  
Post #5956272nd Feb 2010 6:10 pm
tanters

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

pom wrote:
It does make you wonder whether the dealers are blindly swopping stuff under warranty just to get paid from LR. I guess some dealers just dont have any tech's with much experience which is sad.

Pom

Our local dealer have no trained LR techs from what I've been told. Its also a Honda and Volvo garage and their techs are looking after your LR, doesn't help with confidence to be honest.

Sorry to hear of your woes DT, hope it comes good Thumbs Up
 A happy childhood ... is the worst possible preparation for life.  
Post #5956332nd Feb 2010 6:15 pm
trackm90

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Lugano TealDiscovery 3

I had similar problem with Limp Home when my 07model was new.it would not log any faults except possible fault with crank sensor. The crank sensor was replaced twice but each time the car would spasmodicly go into limp home, usually when pulling out into traffic with a 3ton trailer on the back. After lots of arguments and unhelpfull suggestions from Customer Support the dealer decided the problem could be the reluctor ring that the crank sensor senses. The reluctor ring was replaced, a major job involving removing transmission to gain access . Touch wood have not head a Limp Home mode since. Somewhat Censored off that this is evidently a known problem but it took two years to resolve the problem. Hope this helps

Post #5976185th Feb 2010 7:29 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >