Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

Nutmeg or Arabica?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Calcul@tor

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 4
Nutmeg or Arabica?

OK, may be about to place an order... depends on discounts!

But with Orkney Grey / Almond leather - should I go for Nutmeg or Arabica?

I'm leaning towards Nutmeg as I'm not sure the darker brown of the Aarabica goes with grey paint. But is the darker more durable?

Has anyone got a grey (Stornoway or Orkney) with Almond/Nutmeg?

Thoughts, photos etc appreciated!
 D4 XS MY12 Galway  
Post #8310012nd Sep 2011 3:50 pm
Calcul@tor

58 views and no comments - I know there's been talk of colours once or twice before - but doesn't anyone have an opinion??
 D4 XS MY12 Galway  
Post #8311452nd Sep 2011 11:37 pm
softuk

Hi ac
I had a D4 XS in Stornoway Grey with Ebony leather, and now have the same model on order in Orkney grey with Ebony leather. For me, it was the only combination that looked "right".
Stornoway Grey is the exact same colour as Jaguar Lunar Grey, and the only reason LR changed the paint colour was becasue the factory that produces the paint is located in Japan, and was damaged during the earthquake, and currently cannot produce.
Stornoway Grey is a much more sparkly grey than Orkney was, and if you want a better look at the interior/exterior combination colours, then check out the Jaguar build pages.
As for discounts, including the NFU member discount, I got 9%, My 2010 model was sold separately, so no trade in.

Post #8311893rd Sep 2011 9:43 am
Calcul@tor

softuk wrote:
Stornoway Grey is a much more sparkly grey than Orkney was

Thanks for the response and your thoughts. My immediate reaction was also to go for the ebony - but it just looks so dark.

Did you mean: Orkney Grey is a much more sparkly grey than Stornoway was?

Do you like the Orkney as much as Stornoway
 D4 XS MY12 Galway  
Post #8312203rd Sep 2011 11:44 am
softuk

Apols. Yes, I did mean Orkney is more sparkly! I liked Stornoway a lot, it had a hint of brown in it, and if you look at one then you will see what I mean. I haven't seen a D4 in Orkney, but have seen quite a few Jaguars in Lunar, and I think that I actually prefer it. To be honest there isn't a great deal of difference.

As for the interior, like most things in life its down to personal preference.
The last three Discos I have had have all had black leather interiors, one was black, one silver, the last Stornoway. For me it works well. Doesnt show up fingermarks, and I put LR waterproofs (in black) over the front seats during the winter months which protects them from wet coats etc. I have privacy glass which keeps the heat off the back as I have dogs, and also stops prying eyes seeing stuff I have in the back. The black interior tones well with that I feel. Bought a Hatchbag (also in black) which fits the back like a glove and protects it totally.
Went for the XS again as it has pretty much all I want, and unlike the HSE doesn't have 3 sun roofs which I most definitely didnt want.
I hear a lot of criticism about LR, some of it justified I feel particularly in respect of past models, but the D4 is a peach of a car. Totally different from the D3, more stable, drives better, better instrumentation etc etc.
As mentioned got an NFU discount, but you would have to be an NFU member for 3 months to qualify. Also use the same family owned dealership from whom I get brilliant service every time no matter what.
If you are looking to sell yours privately, then there are brokers around who will offer good discounts and also accept NFU vouhers. Direct Vehicle Sales at Ripon are apparently one of the best.

Post #8312493rd Sep 2011 1:15 pm
Calcul@tor

Yep, intention is to NFU vouchers. XS has more than enough toys for me! Depending on price, I might drop down to a GS and add some extras - leather etc, but with no NFU on the GS anymore, the XS seems much better value.

I have a broker who thinks they may be able to get nearly 10% off (before NFU!). I'm skeptical, but happy to give them a few days to see what they can do.

Hatchbag does look like a good option. I have three kids and a dog who thinks she's actually another kid too - but still drawn to the lighter leather!

I might visit a few dealers to see if anyone has a Disco in Orkney and see what interior they've paired it with.
 D4 XS MY12 Galway  
Post #8312613rd Sep 2011 2:50 pm
softuk

I's be very sceptical too of getting a 2012MY with 10% discount! The other thing is that if you want a 2012MY - and there are quite a number of upgrades on this that make it preferable to 2011 - then you will not gwt one this side of Christmas.
If you send me a PM, then I wil give you details of the dealer that I use (West Midlands)

Post #8312683rd Sep 2011 3:23 pm
Calcul@tor

Yep - only interested in MY12. Not too fussed by the wait. PM on its way.
 D4 XS MY12 Galway  
Post #8312753rd Sep 2011 4:16 pm
PaulC

Wales 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Ac- I have had an Orkney grey with almond/ arabica interior for the last 2 months now. I agree the orkney is more sparkly than the stornoway. I chose a lighter interior this time as I thought the black too sombre. The arabica introduces a nice contrast particularly on the door tops. Have a look in my gallery

Post #8314134th Sep 2011 9:03 am
Calcul@tor

Looks great!

The arabica looks much lighter than I'd expected. Are you pleased with the combnation of Orkney/Almond/Arabica?
 D4 XS MY12 Galway  
Post #8316484th Sep 2011 11:42 pm
PaulC

Wales 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Yeah - I personally think it's great; bit different to the usual silver/ grey combo with a black interior. The arabica is certainly not chocolate brown so not too dark. My photos were taken in bright sunlight. Only possible reservation I have had is now my boy has started playing rugby again there may be issues with mud etc so something you might want to consider if you have kids/dog etc. I had this paintguard stuff applied for that reason.

Post #8317565th Sep 2011 1:55 pm
Calcul@tor

PaulC wrote:
Only possible reservation I have had is now my boy has started playing rugby again
I have 3 of those! D4 XS MY12 Galway  
Post #8317615th Sep 2011 2:05 pm
Stingray

Wales 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

I went for black with Almond/Arabica a year ago, and still pleased with the choice. Pictures in my gallery show the car when it was brand new, and I think portray the colours accurately.

The Almond/Nutmeg is just too light somehow.

Good luck.

Ray

Post #8318815th Sep 2011 7:29 pm
Calcul@tor

Hi Ray - looks great, thanks for pointing me towards your gallery.

How is the rear tailgate holding up? I note your old car had a dark tailgate - even with light leather, but the new one is light coloured. Is this going to cope with a dog!
 D4 XS MY12 Galway  
Post #8319695th Sep 2011 10:55 pm
softuk

That was one of the reasons we went for black to be honest. With three working dogs it was essential to have something that wasn'y going to shoe every mark. That said, the hatchbag is great, and there is a panel that attaches to the fold down door panel with velcro, and that keep most of it off.
I have to say after 12 months pretty hard work,once the hatchbag and seat covers were taken off, it did look as good as new when I sold it recently.
I tend to change fairly often, as so look for something that will not only remain looking good, but also is attractive to a potential buyer.
Like all things, its horses for courses.

Post #8320216th Sep 2011 8:34 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >