Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

It's not just Landrover Main dealers
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
lespes

Guernsey 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
It's not just Landrover Main dealers

Well 2nd service due on Volvo and due to my extensive Landrover experiences of service took a few precautionary measures, to ensure I got what I was paying for. Also in for A recall job to stop it bursting into flames and noted that software on car system would not update ~(maps and apps)

Frstly queried £525 cost as Volvo Website said £485, so they reduced it to £485.

Dropped off at 8 AM text received 2pm ready.

On return could see immediately no wheels had been removed, but waited until I got check sheet back.

Wheels ok as not removed on volvo service, but pressures had been checked and adjusted.

Spare hadnt, but marked as such on sheet.

queried software fault, told it had all been done and up to date.

Paid bill and returned to car. Checked under bonnet air filter done, or least someone had undone box.

Checked dash software update still not working.

Checked cabin pollen filter had been done, No it hadn't

Returned inside and asked if they would mind checking with technician about pollen filter being fitted, whch they did and they confirmed job done.

Was informed software issue would need a another job card and re booking.

So one last time I asked Cabin pollen filter fitted for sure, not going to get home pull it out and find and old filter in there. Yes tech has said so.

Just got out the door, when the senior service guy appeared and said you seem pretty certain about pollen filter not being done, why?

I'll show you, opened passenger door and asked, are these two screws on this plate to be removed for the filter to be replaced, he answered yes, so if they are still covered in dried chewing gum, which I removed and showed him, how could tech have replaced it.

Of course this was done with the utmost politeness and the car was whisked back into the garage. The service guy then admitted he had found a new pollen filter laying on the one of the work benches in the garage, so was a little suspicious himself.

Anyways 10 mins later on my way,, well not far, 200 yds. dash lit up service / maintenance required, thought at first they had forgotten to reset service indicator, then noticed LIMP ~MODE only flash up Big Cry
Really thought I was back in a Landrover. Whistle

So another 45 mins back in the garage fault found, a pipe connector had blown out, as it had not been clicked back into place probably.

OK OK OK its only a £25 plus vat filter and a bit of rushed workmanship, but once again a Main Dealer has failed to do what I would deem a pretty simple, though damm expensive job.

Rant over Mad
 D4 Landmark MY16 Santorini Black THE LAST
D4 HSE MY12 Marmais Teal: Gone. Missed a lot!
Freelander 2 SD HSE MY11 Silver:Thankfully gone.
D4 HSE MY11 Silver: Gone missed !
Range Rover Sport MY06 HSE Buck Blue: Gone missed!
Discovery D2 TD5 Facelift MY Red Gone Missed!
Discovery D2 TD5 Cobalt Blue: Gone Missed!
Discovery D1 Auto Oxford Blue Not missed at all!
Discovery D1 Avalon Blue First LR! missed!

Now demoted to a VW 

Post #210552412th Dec 2019 10:11 pm
robpenrose

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Very disappointing. If I was a manufacturer, I would be seriously annoyed by this sort of thing.

Current: D4 HSE
Previous: BMW Z4M Coupe
Previous: Land Rover Defender 90 CSW Td5
Previous: Land Rover Discovery Td5 ES 

Post #210552912th Dec 2019 10:24 pm
Mogwyth

Wales 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Wife took her Seat Arona in for its first service a few months ago and on the way home I thought something smells a a bit oil burny, got home lifted the bonnet to find the oil filler cap on the screen scuttle and oil all over the underside of the bonnet and engine. They did come and collect it, cleaned it up and returned it to us, but not brilliant for an bright yellow oil cap to be left off.
 ==================================
05 D3 HSE V8 4.4
04 MG TF 135
03 MG TF 115 Cool Blue Edition
02 MG TF 160
00 Hymer B564 Lionheart
1971 Series III 109

Post #210559313th Dec 2019 12:40 am
J77

Scotland 

I’m using a new dealer (same group) for the Velars service so will see what their service is like. So far I’m being charged for a loan car which I’ve never charged for previously.

The reason I’ve moved is the dealer I have used for years is no longer a new car franchise as they can’t expand to take the Jag products as well, so a new one was built in Dundee and all business is transferring there, I can still buy from my currently dealer but the sale goes through Dundee and the car will be delivered there. All the service staff and technicians that have worked on my cars for years have all moved else where and my salesman will be moving also.

So far I’m not impressed with these new showrooms, very bland, very clinical. Feels all very cold really.
 23.5MY Defender 90 X-Dynamic SE D250 MHEV Pangea Green  
Post #210629715th Dec 2019 10:36 pm
pagoda

Canada 2016 LR4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteLR4

robpenrose wrote:
Very disappointing. If I was a manufacturer, I would be seriously annoyed by this sort of thing.

If you were the manufacturer you wouldn't care. He's already bought it.
 PAGODA  
Post #210632216th Dec 2019 2:34 am
robpenrose

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

But if you purchase new, chances are you would again.

Most people assume the dealer is the manufacturer, so it may put people off buying again from that manufacturer.

Current: D4 HSE
Previous: BMW Z4M Coupe
Previous: Land Rover Defender 90 CSW Td5
Previous: Land Rover Discovery Td5 ES 

Post #210637716th Dec 2019 10:09 am
fat bloke

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Had mine serviced today,the comments J77 made are spot on they are awful showrooms morgue like
Never see a salesman they hide out back,and as for the similar plastic cars looking the same all lined up in a row.
Spotted one Velar in yucky military Green with door card not flush so all open youcan look inside window elements even drivers side a little similar for car priced over£60k very sad can't be governed to make it look right to sell ? What must potential buyers think?.
Strange after my comments ihave a lre off road course voucher emailed me later in day ??.

Post #210659616th Dec 2019 10:39 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >