Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Not happy with Tesco warranty
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
CG

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Not happy with Tesco warranty

I took said warranty out at the end of September, paid my money and expected cover. 10 day ago I go a noise from the front diff,

I took the D3 into Shucker Thursday, and the man from Tesco who visited Friday to have a look has said, it started whilst the vehicle was under Land Rover warranty and they won't do anything Shocked WTF is going on.

The Dealer said LR may as it only a few weeks out of warranty pay something towards the £800 cost but not the full amount.

I appear to be stuffed,
New warranty won't pay because they say it happen over a months ago
Old warranty won't pay full amount because it is a month out of Warranty

what the Censored do I do

and it the same people who manage both Big Cry

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant" 

Post #5475417th Nov 2009 10:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
al cope

England 

how/why does the tesco guy think it started whilst in LR cover perod,

Are you supposed to have a crystal ball, as all faults start at some point, most when the bloody car was still on the production line in solihull. It seems thet are saying, even if you didnt know it, your supposed to get it fixed when the issue starts, even though it hasnt shown iteslf yet.

just rubbish on their part.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #5475517th Nov 2009 10:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Russell

United Kingdom 

Ask them to prove it
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #5475547th Nov 2009 10:55 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Get it in writing, with the reason for that decision and contact the insurance ombudsman - then ring Tesco's and advise them of same.... Whistle

Post #5475657th Nov 2009 11:04 pm
Tawny Owl

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

CG ,

Tesco warranty now cover your vehicle , it now becomes there problem regardless of if the fault was present whilst under the LR warranty.

Thats what Select warranty told me with mine when mine came out of LR warranty.

Post #5475957th Nov 2009 11:28 pm
CG

Cheers Guys, I will be back on to them, I just hope the diff lasts out, until it's sorted.

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant" 

Post #5476137th Nov 2009 11:43 pm
philhunt

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Keep us posted on this CG
 Clubs Mantec, Tasmods, LEDS, AT2s on 18s, Maxxis Bighorns on 17s, Remote FBH, BAS. ReMap, BSS., RLD Personalised SWP., Safari Snorkel, Faultmate, Three Musketeers & MUD

Post #5481098th Nov 2009 11:24 pm
CG

Had a call this morning from Tesco (before I got to them) to say the request has been turned down due to the fault being reported and recorded by the dealer on 10th of September Shocked . 3 weeks before the warranty ran out. Therefore it is covered by the LR warranty not Tesco (even though it is the same co that's running it)

Now this is very interesting because I did not report it until well into October when I rang to get the D3 into the dealers, Shuckers also confirmed after my call this morning that they have no record on there system prior to my vehicle going in on the 5th November, and at my last visit on the 15th September when they did the MOT and the work I requested under warranty this was not on the work list.

So at the mo, myself, the service department at Shuckers, and the man at Tesco's office would like to know where the Censored the Tesco engineer got the info from. They (Tesco) are trying to track him down.

Still not happy Evil or Very Mad

Post #5483309th Nov 2009 2:10 pm
al cope

England 

well I guess if it does turn out to be on the LR system whilst still under the LR warrenty, they should then sort it out.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker

Post #5483569th Nov 2009 2:58 pm
CG

Update;
Tesco Engineer said chap at dealers told him is was on system as reported on 10/9, guy in question on holiday Banging Head

Post #5483579th Nov 2009 3:00 pm
al cope

England 

surely it doesnt matter if the chap that alledgedly gave the info to the tesco's guy is on his hols. Shukers are telling you it isnt on their system on that date, so tesco's should go back and get the correct info.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark

Post #5483609th Nov 2009 3:12 pm
CG

All will be revealed tomorrow apparently, either way I have booked it back in for a week on Thursday, it needs changing and someone other than me will be paying.

Post #5484089th Nov 2009 4:53 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

CG wrote:
someone other than me will be paying.

Thumbs Up
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #5485759th Nov 2009 8:47 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

CG, was your car in the stealers on 10/9, sounds like someone can't count months on his fingers. Shocked

Post #5485839th Nov 2009 8:51 pm
CG

This morning;

Dealers confirm there is no record of me or them saying anything about front diffs in September or October.
Tesco engineer is reportedly Censored off,
Man at Tesco head office now says Tesco will cover the claim, and to get dealer to ring for claim reference.

Result but what a struggle.

Post #54893210th Nov 2009 2:24 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >