Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Not the best start to the day.......
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
adam

United Kingdom 
Not the best start to the day.......

1)Left home at about 5.30am to drive to Bristol - 15 miles down the road realise briefcase still at home, had to return Rolling Eyes
2) On M6 - massive CRACK - stone hits windscreen - big chip / small crack - hopefully Autoglass can repair to avoid hassle of fitting new one
3) 'Forgot' I was driving to Bristol and not London, swerved from M6 Toll to 'old M6' at last moment, literally, crossed chevrons - very stupid move - so appologies to the driver behind who I must have scared to death Embarassed
Hope journey home less eventfull

Post #55603825th Nov 2009 1:47 pm
Frapp

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Just a normal day then Thumbs Up

Adam
If you have a heated screen get it changed as the elements around the repair will not work

Ray

ps. didn't see you down this neck of the woods
 Member of the carrot crank club

Embarrassingly in for the 2nd round, bought another two

D3 Jack Russell carrier
D4 Landmark for towing duties 

Post #55611225th Nov 2009 4:12 pm
discoboy

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Re: Not the best start to the day.......

adam wrote:
1)Left home at about 5.30am to drive to Bristol - 15 miles down the road realise briefcase still at home, had to return Rolling Eyes
2) On M6 - massive CRACK - stone hits windscreen - big chip / small crack - hopefully Autoglass can repair to avoid hassle of fitting new one
3) 'Forgot' I was driving to Bristol and not London, swerved from M6 Toll to 'old M6' at last moment, literally, crossed chevrons - very stupid move - so appologies to the driver behind who I must have scared to death Embarassed
Hope journey home less eventfull

How about - had to call out local garage early this morning to jump start D3 after being recovered to a local B&B last night, miles from home. Garage fitted new battery, car starts, but tests show that alternator not charging. Managed to drive 60 miles home with intention of driving to LR dealer to get a fix this afternoon. Only to discover that car is completely dead (new battery drained) and I am now waiting for recovery to take D3 to LR dealer.

Looks like I will be pootling around on my M/Bike whilst car is in the dealer for a couple of days (so not so bad).

Post #55611425th Nov 2009 4:22 pm
adam

United Kingdom 

Ray
Up and down M5 usually once a week - not the most interesting Motorway in the UK (but then again, not many are)
With respect to Heated Screen - yes it is, I'll see what happens on fillaments - but at moment cant be bothered with new screen hassle unless I really have to
Cheers for the pointer though

Post #55634826th Nov 2009 8:13 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >