DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D4)

Not Again! - engine/electrics fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
DiscoDC

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Not Again! - engine/electrics fault

http://www.disco4.com/forum/topic42274.html

After a couple of days of having the car back from initial problem, the same problem occurred. Censored Big Cry

I could not believe it. Thankfully it was a Saturday and I was not far from the dealership by chance.

Basically the car was doing 50kph and the screen came up with 'reduced performance/ gearbox fault'. Power was to an absolute minimum then stalled when I came to a stop and would not re start.

After the first time it happened the car had been in the service dept for almost two days diagnosing the problem relating to the fuel pump pressure. Had the part replaced and all should have been rectified. Obviously not. There is something wrong with the car wich has not ben rectified and I am not keen on taking that chance again.

Matter is being disussed between dealership and LR Australia. Will be interesting to see what they decide.

What to do Exclamation Question What I hate just as much is that people say that I should never have gone with a LR. I want to prove them wrong but this is not helping.

Post #5620378th Dec 2009 2:06 pm
Jonty

Kenya 2007 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I think there is something about this on the GTR site ( http://www.landrovertechinfo.com/)

It's worth registering so you can check the TSBs etc and tell your dealer what's wrong and how to fix it. Rolling Eyes

Post #5620918th Dec 2009 5:36 pm
JR

South Africa 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

DiscoDC, I had a similar problem with a D3 and was told it was a possible voltage drop from the battery. The car then goes into 'hypothermic mode' and locks out non-essentials to keep the acr going. In your case this might sound crazy, becasue your car is new - but... and it a big but, you could have a dud battery there.

To overcome my problem, I put the battery on charge over-night. The next morning, I disconnected the charger and re-connected the battery (now fully charged).

Before starting, I turned the key (this may be the difficult part for you with the push button start - and you may need to work this one out yourself) to get only the ignition lights on.

From there, I went through the menue on the steering wheel to 'set to factory default settings' and pushed enter.

I then swithshed the ignition off - and then started the car.

Problem solved.

Good luck!

Cheers

JR.

Post #56789220th Dec 2009 3:03 pm
DiscoDC

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Thanks JR

My dealership has actually granted us with a new vehicle. The original vehicle is there obviously getting fixed. Not sure what they have determined to be the cause of the problem. But it was not one that I was willing to take the chance on considering how dangerous the situation can end up when the car stalls on the highway.

Getting the new one in Jan 2010.

Post #56823521st Dec 2009 7:25 am
foofighter

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteLR3

that's great that they obliged to give you a new vehicle that quick! sometimes they try everything so as to not buy it back...
 -Greetz, Duan  
Post #56823921st Dec 2009 7:48 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >